Your Email Address:

First Name:

LYSINE to clear up a white coated tongue

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Grunge
Junior

LYSINE to clear up a white coated tongue

Post by Grunge »

So, I've come to realize that the amino acid, Lysine 500mg helps clear up a white coated tongue. It does nothing for bad breath, but it definitely clears up a white coated tongue, I'd say about 80%. I started taking this amino acid about 3 wks ago to see if it'd help with canker sores, and while it did nothing for the bad breath I noticed the coat on my tongue started to clear up. I don't know how or why, since I'm still reading up on it, but it's worth a try if you have white coating on your tongue. It took only a few days for me to see the change. The downside is that these pills are huge. And if you have had acid reflux problems, it's more than likely your esophagus has narrowed, thus making it a little difficult passing larger pills.
Cutting the pill in half only makes matters worse, since the halves end up with jagged edges, and so it scratches your throat as you swallow the pills.
Anybody have any experience taking amino acids?

Life can hold you down when you’re not looking up
jo317
Advanced

Re: LYSINE to clear up a white coated tongue

Post by jo317 »

What makes you think the bb is not going away?
Grunge
Junior

Post by Grunge »

jo317 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:10 pm What makes you think the bb is not going away?
The taste in my mouth that I usually have is there after a few hours, but not as strong. And my mouth gets a little dry too. But I don't know how much the smell has changed...I need to check with the wife, which I hate doing, lol. I'm still on Lysine. I take about 1,000mg 4 times a week, and tongue still looks as clean as I first reported. In the past I've gone from thinking my bb comes from the gut, to it coming from my blood or lungs. I'm starting to think my bb may come from a deficiency. Maybe a deficiency in amino acids? I'm gonna keep experimenting with Lysine. Has anyone else tried it? I'm curious to know
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Doesn’t lysine help your immune system? People who get cold sores are supposed to take it to help flare ups. I think if the taste is staying away for longer it must be helping at least a little bit!
Grunge
Junior

Post by Grunge »

jo317 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:09 pm Doesn’t lysine help your immune system? People who get cold sores are supposed to take it to help flare ups. I think if the taste is staying away for longer it must be helping at least a little bit!
There's lots of benefits from taking Lysine. I'm still on it. I'm taking 500mg every day (one capsule a day) for the white coating on my tongue and it still works. My tongue looks 80% cleaner. Breath isn't as bad as it was before, but I still try and avoid certain foods.
Also, I'm following a fellow poster's advice on drinking little to nothing with meals, and I've noticed a tremendous improvement on my breath.
It's hard to not drink anything with my meals, so I may have just a little water if needed, otherwise I usually wait about 45 min before i drink anything.
One last thing, I recently discovered lysine with Monolaurin. It's a 1:1 ratio of 500mg each. I've read Monolaurin is an anti-fungal, anti-bacteria and pro digestive health supplement. I just took my first dose today and will continue to do so everyday. I'll post my experience with that in a month or so.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

You’re not supposed to drink water while eating if your stomach acid is low because it dilutes the acid and makes the food sit in your stomach longer. Have you ever taken ACV or betaine HCL with meals?
Grunge
Junior

Post by Grunge »

jo317 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:22 pm You’re not supposed to drink water while eating if your stomach acid is low because it dilutes the acid and makes the food sit in your stomach longer. Have you ever taken ACV or betaine HCL with meals?
Yes, I've tried HCL before, and it made my stomach burn. So, I don't think I'm low on stomach acid. I do have acid reflux and sometimes I'm burping all day. I don't want to take ppi's cause gets rid of all acid in your stomach, and that's not healthy. I don't get how "normal" ppl can drink all they want with their meals and not have bad breath issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic