Your Email Address:

First Name:

DioxiRinse vs ProFresh vs SmartMouth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

DioxiRinse vs ProFresh vs SmartMouth

Post by Larc400 »

Hi!

Can anyone let me know which of these 3 mouthwashes works the best? Are they similar? Which one give the least side-effects (dry mouth etc)?

Thanks for any help. Think it's time to get a mouthwash after all...

/Karl :-({|=

austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

i can personally vouch for Smartmouth. It has single handedly saved me from bb. Mine was/is a kind of halitosis that results from a heavily coated tongue due to bacterial overgrowth (the root cause of which i am uncertain) which produces smelly sulphur waste. Smartmouth prevents the bacteria from eating protein and therefore they cannot leave behind waste material, VSC's.

i am unsure whether the other two work in this way, or whether they just blast the bacteria via chlorine dioxide.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I'm on the verge of becoming a SmartMouth devotee ... am just worried about Dry Mouth side effect, and the fact that a strong minty mouthwash is not really good for ppl like us, as our problem makes the mint amplified so that everyone in the room notices someone has used a strong mouthwash etc etc... have you noticed any of these probs (dry mouth, mint stench)..? I've probably asked this before, so apologies if I'm starting to bore ya :)
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

I allready told this,

But if you are one of the heavy cases, i don´t know if smartmouth would give you too much help, but give it a try.

I consider myself not one of the worst cases of the site and although smartmouth is helping me, is not helping me so much as austuser....

In my case now i ordered the aktiv oxygen concentrated from katz to mix it with smarthmouth, (maybe one one the morning and one at night or something like that) and i´m very hopefull that it could be very helpfull.....

On the otherside, to me the smartmouth taste and odor is very light, i don´t think you will have a problem with that, and the dentiste toothpaste is great to be just a toothpaste,
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

i had a very dry mouth for the first week or two on smartmouth but then it went away
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

if u have chronic halitosis, i think all these mouthwashes just mutate the bacteria in your mouth so the odor is something new all together. i don't recommend using mouthwashes unless you've eaten garlic or something strong. my breath was much better before i started using all these different mouthwashes.

also i think they push the bb bacteria from your mouth into you throat and sinuses. that way your problem becomes even worse and more apparent when just breathing out of your nose.
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

hi,

may i ask if this smart mouth that you are referring to, is this the same as trioral? the bottle looks the same...

if it is, i would say it "worked" for me initially...however, i am back to zero again after 2-3 years (on-off) of use.

:(

i have seen dioxirinse from breathcure but havent ordered it yet. it looks like a new addition from the list of products in that site...

i have read of pro-whatever before but never tried it, yet...

:| :| :| :| :|
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

sweets07 wrote:if u have chronic halitosis, i think all these mouthwashes just mutate the bacteria in your mouth so the odor is something new all together. i don't recommend using mouthwashes unless you've eaten garlic or something strong. my breath was much better before i started using all these different mouthwashes.

also i think they push the bb bacteria from your mouth into you throat and sinuses. that way your problem becomes even worse and more apparent when just breathing out of your nose.
Same here my breath wasnt as half as bad as when i started to use those poison products, i have spent alot of my on the hocus pokus products, nothing really worked.....gonna try that oil "oregano oil"...fingers crossed!

UPDATE: june 09 - Oil didnt work - go figure!
Last edited by findacure on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loved By Many
Total Newbie

SmartMouth

Post by Loved By Many »

Hi, to those using SmarthMouth with success, Does your breath:

A. Have totally zero odor (or close to total zero) after using it. And would just come back after some time? Meaning you are again a 100% NORMAL PERSON, same as before we had this curse?

B. There is still an odor, but it is significantly reduced?

AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST? DOES IT LAST REALLY TWELVE HOURS? Well, that may be only for the "normal people" who do not have chronic halitosis.

But for me, 4 hours with ZERO (or close to zero) breath odor, would already be fantastic. At this point in time, nothing seems to help me. Listerine, tongue scraper, hydrogen peroxide, what have you, name it, I've tried it. It only lasts 15 minutes and even after 1 minute, there is already a detectable odor, according to my trusted confidant.

I'm already planning to start using SmartMouth right now. It's pretty expensive and it is not in stores in our country, so I will still have it shipped. That would cost roughly about $50 a set. EXPENSIVE FOR ME. So please, I need your feedback.

Why I have great hope in this product is because I am taking a degree in academic/corporate research, and more or less I can tell which advertisements/testimonials are relatively 'plausible,' and which are pure 'salestalk' and marketing strategies. And besides, look up SmartMouth's article in wikipedia. It is the only mouthwash clinically proven to hold up to 12 hours. AND WE ALL KNOW WIKIPEDIA, THEY ARE VERY COMMITTED TO STAYING AWAY FROM BEING AN INSTRUMENT FOR ADVERTISING; committed to just stating and sticking with plain facts--BLACK AND WHITE. ALL WITH RELIABLE PUBLISHED SOURCES AND CITATIONS.

And I already found two people in this thread who declare they have been helped by SmartMouth. Congratulations. But if you are a paid person to give SmartMouth good publicity, screw you!!! I AM JUST JOKING. I HOPE YOU'RE NOT!

All of us know that no words will ever suffice to express the sorrow that we are all experiencing. A far greater curse than Cancer, AIDS, paralysis, blindness, etc. because all of these aforementioned illnesses have hope of deliverance either by cure or by death. Although it takes a lot from the people suffering from them, it DOES NOT take one important thing ---- their humanity. On the contrary, Chronic Bad Breath does. Each and every day we wake up knowing that it won’t come to an end. It takes away our humanity—humanity in the sense that IT TOOK AWAY OUR HUMAN RIGHT TO SOCIALIZE, OUR RIGHT TO BE LOVED.
God bless all of us.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Loved By Many

JUST A FEW EXTRA TIPS

1.HAVE A TRUSTED CONFIDANT.
Self-test methods just suck. It is just impossible.
Waiting for other people's reactions, it is just also unrealiable. And also to rule out a possible case of halitophobia. YES, most of us know that the problem does exist, but halitophobia is a proven psychological condition that is written in the American Psychological Associations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV. In tackling this curse, WE NEED TO BE AS OBJECTIVE AND SCIENTIFIC AS POSSIBLE.

2. CHECK YOUR WISDOM TEETH.

Wisdom teeth are just crap. And the problem is, you may never know that the problem is originating from there. They may look normal, they may have no smell no matter how hard you rub, but they can be the source, especially if they're impacted (not fully out). Check out the testimonial of "Cured."

TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN HELPED BY SMARTMOUTH, PLEASE, I NEED YOUR PROMPT FEEDBACK. IT'S REALLY EXPENSIVE, especially that I need to have it shipped. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Sincerely,

Loved By Many
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Warning

Don't even try Smartmouth if you have issues with your Liver. I have hepatitis B and this mouth wash sent me to the hospital after 4days of using it.

I was surprised that a mouth wash that i am not swallowing could cause that much damage to my liver. That explains the numerous complain of itching after the use of this product. (Check some of the bad reviews about this product on amazon.).

I may have to take this people to court for not warning me about this.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I swear by Dioxirinse. I use to dip my floss in, then I brush/scrape my tongue to get all that gunk off, then I rinse with Dioxirinse. I then let it sit for a while as I shave and wash up, then I brush my teeth & gums then brush my tongue again followed by applying arm & hammer Peroxicare (baking soda & peroxide) to my tongue.

Can't find any system that works better for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic