Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Update of my situation

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Leena
Junior

Post by Leena »

My boyfriend also seems to be immuned. He never reacts to my BB. My prevoius boyfriend didn`t react either.
I have been thinking how it happens and I think it`s that in the beginning the smell is not very strong because when we are just starting a relationship, we do our best to cover it (brushing everytime before meeting him, chewing gum every time, etc.). Then we stop being so persistant but they have become immune (they got used to it) in the meantime.

That`s the only logical explanation.

The other possible explanation is that we are halitophobic :D , which of course I`d prefer to be, but I am afraid it`s not all in my head.

Busted
God

Post by Busted »

He probably doesn't have a good sense of smell. I once talked to a person who didn't react either. I think he lost his sense of smell or something. He didn't even slightly move his head away and I was only sitting like 20 cm away from him. He was just lookin at me and talkin back to me as if there was no bb. It was in an airplane. I was sitting in the middle. I thought I didn't have bb at the time, but then I thought that it was impossible. But then the other woman who sat next to me asked me another question. When I answered she couldn't help but to move her head away from me. Besides the man from the airplane, I did not have anyone who didn't react to my bb. Except when I talk with my hand in front of my mouth, but I don't do that anymore, cause they won't understand a word you say.

I do not think there's such a thing as getting use to someone's bb. I've been talkin to my parents for ages, they still react to my bb every time. Though it seems like sometimes they are better at hiding their reactions, because they know I always pay attention to other's reactions. This is all messed up man, even if there's no real cure for it, I at least want to know what the hell is so different about me. I have never met anyone who has bb as bad as I do. It's like a whole other level. ](*,)
iwillbecured

Post by iwillbecured »

My boyfriend does not react to my bb as well. My sister and my brother give no reaction either, but my mom can smell it. At my last job, there's a co-worker who would cover her nose with her hand when I talked to her one desk away, but there was another co-worker who ate lunch with me on my desk to chat (I didn't really want her to, but she just did everyday herself). She had no reaction to my bb at all. All though my boss mentioned my bb to me a few times. He suggested me to to eat certain food to help with bb problem or he'll give me gums. (I eventually quit the job because it was too stressful for me to deal with bb reaction.) So I don't know... seemed like some people just don't smell it as much as other people do.

According to my boyfriend, he noticed I have bb when we first met. But he just thought it was from the food i ate during dinner. Then he noticed I constantly have bb, even after I brush my teeth. But somehow he got used to it, he said. Right now to him, I just smell like me, which is a smell he doesn't even notice anymore. He only notices it when I mention it to him (like when I ask him "do I have bb?").

A few weeks ago, I went to have dinner with him and his friend. His friend had no reacion to my bb (maybe he was being polite). But during dinner, his friend's girlfriend said, "This restaurant is stinky. It smells like poopy in here." Her boyfriend said, "really? I don't smell it." I felt realy really bad because I knew it was me. But anyway, my point is that there are some people who just don't smell it (or just are just trying to be nice?).
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

Bad news...although I feel my bb has improved slightly from before my tonsillectomy, I feel the initial improvements I felt have taken a step backwards. Some of the positive things that have remained are no more sour tastes in my mouth and water that tastes like water(no bitter, sour taste). Where I feel things have remained the same is the air/breath coming out of my lungs. I have a pretty good testing method for smelling the air coming from my lungs and noticed yesterday that it was bad. I guess it could've been from the Halloween chocolates that I ate or the Pepsi that I drank(both of which I usually never partake in) but I doubt it.

So now I feel like it's back to square one. I don't regret doing the tonsillectomy at all because there was a lot of bacteria trapped in my crypts and but now I'm not sure where to attack. I've googled bb and lungs but most of the information out there do not relate to me(lung infections and abscesses that I don't have). Most do however say that if there's something systemically wrong with your body, that those bacteria travel through the blood stream and are released through the lungs. Great...that really helps...not. So I've started taking Chlorophyll, Pro-M(Champex) and some of my vitamins again in hopes that something will help.

Damn you bb!!!
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

iwillbecured wrote: All though my boss mentioned my bb to me a few times. He suggested me to to eat certain food to help with bb problem or he'll give me gums. (I eventually quit the job because it was too stressful for me to deal with bb reaction.)
Iwillbecured,

I was curious how your boss rose the subject of BB with you. He or she was really brave to do that since it is a very delicate situation to both, to the BB suffer and to the one who smells it. I do not know how I would react if someone would tell me such things, specially my boss. On the other hand, these people tell us everyday that we have BB by their reactions. My boss always reacts to my BB. Fortunately, I do not have to talk to him very often. What I do not understand is that sometimes he keeping asking me questions just to talk when I am willing to get rid of him because of his reactions. So, I always wonder why he does not make me stop and leave me alone in order to free him from my smell. My luck it that my second boss never reacts to my BB. Maybe she is polite. Being polite or not, she gets the best of me because I am more spontaneous with her. It is funny that she wants to talk to me very close as if I do not have BB. Sometimes I think she does not have a good sense of smell. The same way is my husband who detects my BB just from time to time. Another funny observation is that he is proud of saying that he has a very sharp sense of smell.
iwillbecured

Post by iwillbecured »

Iris wrote:I was curious how your boss rose the subject of BB with you.
The first time my boss mentioned it to me was during a conversation about rice. He was telling me how white rice has no nutritional vaule, it's just sugar/starch and that kinda of stuff (because I was eating white rice during lunch). He said that brown rice is much better and beneficial to health. He said, "Don't eat any more white rice. Switch to brown rice. It's better for your health and no more bad breath." I was so embarassed when he said that. All I could said was "ok." Then he just walked away.

Other times he would just offer me mint or gum when we talked. This one time he made me feel really bad. We were sitting in the car going to our warehouse site. He asked me if I want some mint. I know what that meant.. yes I have bb. So I took his offer and held out my hand. He didn't just me 1 or 2. He dumped half of the pack on my hand and said, "Here you go. Eat them all." Is my breath really that bad? I don't think he was purposely trying to hurt my feeling, but he really did. I don't really blame him either. I probably wouldn't like to be in a car with someone who has bb or bo.

So yeah... that boss never directly said it to me "You have bad breath". But I think he already said enough.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I feel so bad for you. That is really hurtful for someone to do, whether they know it or not. We really deserve credit for keeping our heads up and trying to do what normal people do despite what we are dealing with.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

heart breaking stories.

this is why I only work alone.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I'm having problems at work with this girl who is above my position. She seems to just be frustrated to the limit with dealing with my smell. It's gotten to the point where she will no longer take the time to explain things to me, she just drops things off to me and tries to get away as soon as possible. She has become completely unprofessional.

So, I end up figuring things out on my own, but there are things that I occasionally need to explain about the work since she didn't give me direction. The problem is that I don't ever want to say anything. because I know people smell the breath before they even hear what I have to say. No one even listens anymore! Everyone in my office treats me like a bum now.

The other day, I had finished a project and she questioned something, but before I could explain it, she just got angry and left without giving me a chance. She just didn't want to deal with the smell. This was something I had spent lots of time on, but because of her misunderstanding, it came off as if I was being lazy about the project. And of course, there's no one I can complain to, because no one can get past the smell. I have to bascially suck it up everyday, because I am afraid to offend with my breath.

If this girl does anything to get me fired, I know I'll never find another job, thus she will have ruined my life for good. I am afraid to even think of how I'd react if it comes to this. Waking up with daily frustrations is hard enough. Someone making my life worse would send me off the edge.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

iwillbecured wrote:So yeah... that boss never directly said it to me "You have bad breath". But I think he already said enough.
I really know your feelings. Some people do not do that in order to hurt our feelings. They just try to help. However, they bring this subject in a way that really hurts. It is a problem so difficult to deal with that when people try to help us, they just mess up everything. Usually when people always react to my breath, I try as much as I can to avoid them. I just do not make any effort to be friend with them. But if they come to me nicely despite of their reactions, I will try to be nice too. Being nice is the weapon I use everyday in order to avoid so much rejection. On the other hand, I really know how difficult is to be nice when someone is reacting all the time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic