Your Email Address:

First Name:

After tonsillectomy

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
slone
Total Newbie

After tonsillectomy

Post by slone »

Hey guys, it's been sometime since i last posted here. For the previous month, i was busy with my certification and work related issue. But nevertheless, I've just had my tonsillectomy done 2 days ago. And yes, it hurts like hell...a very very painful soar throat.

The first few hours after the surgery, i couldn't have any form of food even swallowing my own saliva was too painful to bear.
The only thing i enjoyed eating during the first day of recovery was ice cream but warning though, it creates thick phlegm thereafter, especially if you have dry mouth. Well, this is the third day now and with the assistance of painkiller, i do manage to have some semi-solid form of food now.

I know what u guys wanna know but i couldn't say for now whether my bb condition has indeed improve or not because i'm still on a course of antibiotic, but definitely, there's has been a taste change in my mouth (i'm not sure whether this is a mental thing or not).

I'll continue to update here once everything is back to normal as in no more medication, experience from face to face conversation and hopefully getting my friend to smell it :?

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

heh, i don't think anyone expects your breath to be any better as long as you have two giant seeping wounds in your throat.

Once the scabbing has come off should be about the time you detect a difference (going by previous posters tonsillectomy stories.. I haven't yet had the operation done for myself).

Thanks for your updates, and I'll look forward to your progress.

Goodluck :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic