Your Email Address:

First Name:

Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out there.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bb_us_hope
Total Newbie

Post by bb_us_hope »

I already gave up on all those fancy mouse washes and clowns who make money selling them.

Is there anyone who had this laser thing done and can share his/her experience ?

Also, Finkelstein charges $800 per seesion in Israel and uses some sort of pain killer during the procedure. The New York guy works without any pain killers and charges near $3000 ????

mike987
Super Angel

Re: Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out the

Post by mike987 »

bb_us_hope wrote:Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out there.

I already gave up on all those fancy mouse washes and clowns who make money selling them.

Is there anyone who had this laser thing done and can share his/her experience ?

Also, Finkelstein charges $800 per seesion in Israel and uses some sort of pain killer during the procedure. The New York guy works without any pain killers and charges near $3000 ????
welcome to america
Orodor

Post by Orodor »

As I said in my story post I have actually seen Finkelstein in his office in Israel. It didnt work out for me, because I had already removed my tonsils. The reason why I saw him was because it could been some parts the surgeons missed out.

Im sure it might work for some, but didnt for me.

OR
bb_us_hope
Total Newbie

Could you please tell in more details what happened ?

Post by bb_us_hope »

Orodor,

Thanks for your post.

So FINKELSTEIN examined you and basically said
"Sorry. I can not help you. Thanks for visiting." ?

Did he suggest any alternative ways to go ?

Did he charge you anything even though he did not help you ?

Thanks !
Orodor

Post by Orodor »

In pounds he charged me around 100-150. He said that I didnt have any bad breath, which surpriced me a lot. He didnt suggest anything else after that. I guess all his research involved around the tonsils... Ive never actually heard about anyone getting fully treated after removing them, but that is a different subject I guess.

It was quite hard to find his office. At least when I visited him. It was quite a distance outside Tel Aviv, and even the cab driver had problems to find his office.

OR
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

Hi OR,

I am quite surprised of your posts. Actually, I am more shocked and downed by it. I am was so hyped upon reading of Dr Finkel and his procedure and here you come claiming he didn't help at all.

I am sure you can tell if you have this same malady as us, perhaps you can share to me your sympstoms? I mean aside from the malodor, of course.

I
bb_us_hope
Total Newbie

Post by bb_us_hope »

Did you try to convince him that you really do have bb ?

if he told that I did not have any bb, I would simply drink a few sips of coffee and exhale in front of him. I am sure that, after regaining his consciousness, he would come to a different conclusion.
Lonely
Total Newbie

Post by Lonely »

Orodor wrote:In pounds he charged me around 100-150. He said that I didnt have any bad breath, which surpriced me a lot. He didnt suggest anything else after that. I guess all his research involved around the tonsils... Ive never actually heard about anyone getting fully treated after removing them, but that is a different subject I guess.

It was quite hard to find his office. At least when I visited him. It was quite a distance outside Tel Aviv, and even the cab driver had problems to find his office.

OR
Hi Orodor,
Thanks for the feed back from Dr Finkelstein's visit. Couple question about your encounter with the Dr.
1) How did he determine that you had no BB?
2) Did he use halimeter?
3)Did he ask you to fast for a minimum of 4 hours prior to the evaluation?
4) How certain are you that you have BB?
5) Do you agree with his conclusion that you are BB free?
Please include any other information that you may consider beneficial to the forum members.

Thanks
Lonely
Orodor

Post by Orodor »

Just to be sure that we are talking about this guy here:

http://www2.tau.ac.il/Person/medicine/r ... =agciddfhj

This was the one I visited.

OR
Orodor

Post by Orodor »

j0n1982 wrote:Hi OR,

I am quite surprised of your posts. Actually, I am more shocked and downed by it. I am was so hyped upon reading of Dr Finkel and his procedure and here you come claiming he didn't help at all.

I am sure you can tell if you have this same malady as us, perhaps you can share to me your sympstoms? I mean aside from the malodor, of course.

I
I am really sorry to hear this. My symptoms are sore tongue and gums and post nasal drip. I had also high hopes for this visit as I thought he was an expert in bad breath treatments. I guess he is, but just concering the tonsils.

You should not give up just because of my experience. It might be you will be the one who fits in his category.

OR
Orodor

Post by Orodor »

bb_us_hope wrote:Did you try to convince him that you really do have bb ?

if he told that I did not have any bb, I would simply drink a few sips of coffee and exhale in front of him. I am sure that, after regaining his consciousness, he would come to a different conclusion.
Yes I did try to convinve him. As much as I could.

OR
Orodor

Post by Orodor »

Lonely wrote:
Orodor wrote:In pounds he charged me around 100-150. He said that I didnt have any bad breath, which surpriced me a lot. He didnt suggest anything else after that. I guess all his research involved around the tonsils... Ive never actually heard about anyone getting fully treated after removing them, but that is a different subject I guess.

OR
Hi Orodor,
Thanks for the feed back from Dr Finkelstein's visit. Couple question about your encounter with the Dr.
1) How did he determine that you had no BB?
2) Did he use halimeter?
3)Did he ask you to fast for a minimum of 4 hours prior to the evaluation?
4) How certain are you that you have BB?
5) Do you agree with his conclusion that you are BB free?
Please include any other information that you may consider beneficial to the forum members.

Thanks
Lonely
Nope, he did not use a halimeter. Just his nose. Ive had this since I was 16 years old.. Im now 36. So you can say that I am sure I have it.

It might be that I was bad breath free on my visit. There are times that it gets milder now.

OR
Orodor

Post by Orodor »

After reading most of the posts in here I want to add another comment. Because I told Finkelstein I thought my problem was the tongue. This was in 2005, and it might be he have started to check out the tongue more now. Because I dont think post nasal drip is the problem as such. I think its the tongue, who is sore and smelly. When I rub a piece of cloth over my tongue and smell it after a few mins it really smells bad. Even when there are no mucous on it.

If he manage to fix this then I think we will be closer to a cure for many of us. Because he only looked at the throat tonsils on me. So it might be the tongue tonsil then.

I was also in a mouth surgeons office a few years back. He said I had very large pupils on the back of my tongue, and that it was very irritated. He said it was little he could do about that, and sort of just teased it away when I asked if he could do surgery on it. Anyone getting told they have large pupils on the tongue?

Also... To remove tonsils for bad breath is not something new. I removed my tonsils because of bad breath 14 years ago. What Finkelstein has done differently with the laser is that he operates with that instead of removing them.

OR
mar11

Post by mar11 »

hi

I planning to see Finkelstein JAN 2

Hopefully my problem will be solved this time
I'm 25 years old, so this is actually my last chance for normal life.

I don't have palatine tonsills I'm hoping that proplem is the remainings of the tonsils,lingual or adenoids.

If he tells me that there is no BB, I'm sure that is not the truth coz, I'm 100% sure that BB is there.
Happylife
Junior

Post by Happylife »

mar11 wrote:hi

I planning to see Finkelstein JAN 2

Hopefully my problem will be solved this time
I'm 25 years old, so this is actually my last chance for normal life.

I don't have palatine tonsills I'm hoping that proplem is the remainings of the tonsils,lingual or adenoids.

If he tells me that there is no BB, I'm sure that is not the truth coz, I'm 100% sure that BB is there.
Hey mar11, did u meet him? If so, what is the result? As you are not visiting this site any more, i guess u are cured already.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic