Your Email Address:

First Name:

"Don't Care" attitude

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
iwillbecured

"Don't Care" attitude

Post by iwillbecured »

I went out for lunch with my boyfriend at a diner yesterday. There was a couple that sat behind me. I couldn't see them while I was eating, but I could hear them. They were talking pretty loud. Seemed like they were having a really good time... talking, laughing, joking, and more laughing. They just seemed really happy (from what I could hear).

Our tables were next to those counter seats. So there was this woman who sat at the counter. She kept on turning around to look at the couple behind me. Not just looking, but I notice she had a disguested look on her face. At first I thought "maybe she smell bb and she thought it was from them?" But she kept on turning around and looking, but none of the bb reactions. I didn't really understand why until when we got up to leave.

When we were leaving, I passed by their table and looked at the couple. The woman had a full beard. I am not kidding! It wasn't like full full beard. You can see that she shaved, but still see the beard stubble. It's probably some genetic disorder that she's like that. (I'm sure she's a woman, not a man from her voice and the way she talked). I am sure she gets weird look from strangers all the time. She probably notice how that woman who sat at the counter was looking at her too. But what surprised me was her "don't care" attitude. Not just her, her friend as well. They really seemed so happy and just didn't care about other people's reaction at all.

After we left the diner, I was talking to my boyfriend about that "don't care" attitude of that couple. My boyfriend said, "usually when you don't care, people don't care either." I really wish I can be more like them... just don't care about other people and be myself, be happy.

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Yea but if you're stting next to a chronic halitosis sufferer who's talkin all the time, It's hard to have that "don't care" attitude.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

haha yeh.. I could put up the don't care attitude all I want, ..
but people WILL care when smells comparable to human feces become the very air they breath.

On an somewhat unrelated note, my breath feels especially bad today..

A bearded woman would stop for lunch somewhere after classes, then maybe go browsing for holiday gifts, and end the day by spending time with friends or family, ... where as I immediately came home because my breath is unfit for any kind of interaction...

:( I wanted to go to the gym today but I can't bear the idea of turning the gym into a sewer right now... Yeh, I could try to not care, but there's a point where you have to draw the line..
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Not only bad odors are offensive, they can also make people physically ill. I read TMAU forums occasionally, i remember a story about a guy with chronic fecal body odor who made a woman so ill, she had to be hospitalized for a week for pulmonary problems.

I can live with the fact that people doesn't like the smell of my breath but it disturbs me greatly when i make people caugh multiple times when i open my mouth, that's when i realize how serious my problem is.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

mike987 wrote:haha yeh.. I could put up the don't care attitude all I want, ..
but people WILL care when smells comparable to human feces become the very air they breath.

On an somewhat unrelated note, my breath feels especially bad today..

A bearded woman would stop for lunch somewhere after classes, then maybe go browsing for holiday gifts, and end the day by spending time with friends or family, ... where as I immediately came home because my breath is unfit for any kind of interaction...

:( I wanted to go to the gym today but I can't bear the idea of turning the gym into a sewer right now... Yeh, I could try to not care, but there's a point where you have to draw the line..
best time to hit the gym is first thing in the morning, when it's empty, and some of the people will have morning breath anyway! It is hard though. I go way less frequently now, and without eating the right foods, you don't get much back from working out.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

It's really funny when you talk to some people who don't react to your breath. I was speaking to one today and I thought that my bb was bearable today. He didn't even move his head out of the way and I was speakin like 20 cm away from him. I had a pretty good feeling all day until I had to talk to a girl because she asked me somethin in class. I answered of course and afterwards, I heard them (she+friend) complaining about a smell. I'm not 100 percent sure if they were talkin about me. But then right before we left class for home, I had to answer one more question. And then I was 100 percent sure that my breath was really bad. There wasn't just one person who reacted, but like 3. They were standing very close to eachother of course and all I said was "yes". My day was ruined once again. :roll:

*Sighs....
Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

Despite all the pessimism, I thought it was a great story. :)

I still think that it is true to at least some extent no matter what. Especially because lack of stress always seems to make everything better in varying degrees.
saveme

Post by saveme »

As I read these posts, I realise how much I can relate to each and every one of you. It is definitely not an easy task to ignore and not care about a problem that is so personal yet so obvious. From my encounter, I've friends who made a joke about bb infront of me and I'm pretty sure that they were just out to test my reaction. That sucks. The problem we face in our daily lives is like a 'ticking timebomb' and we can't do much about it. :|
nelly

Post by nelly »

I have other serious problems sprung out of bb problem. Cant solve them as long as I have this primar problem.hopeless, its a mess. Makes me a mess.Ive lived with this so long, that I dont remember how life was without it. But I cant accept it, it cant be ignored. Im tired, its always in the back of my head. Doesnt help much that I care, Wish I didnt.That would be better for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic