Your Email Address:

First Name:

Call me crazy but.. (my current experiment)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Call me crazy but.. (my current experiment)

Post by mike987 »

For the past 4, 5, maybe 6 months, I've factored out milk and 90 percent of dairy products, cut down on meat intake, and have gotten to a point where 3 out of 4 or more of my meals are bowls of cereal, toast, fruit, and other things that would seem to be good choices if trying to avoid BB... I'd still be eating meat, but extremely small amounts.. in other words, my protein intake was very little.. perhaps too little?

Well, I realize now that the time I started doing this cereal thing and kicking most meat and protein out of my diet, and the time I noticed an increasing sewery smell coming from my nose, excrement, and maybe everywhere else, appear to coincide with eachother... I also had a stale sweat smell when getting physically worked up.. these things weren't detectable before, at least from my frame of reference, until earlier this year.

On the rarer occasion that I would ingest meat or fish or cheese and the like, I noticed that it never really made my BB worse... In fact, I just recently noticed that some of my worst days of sewer BB didn't coincide with meat intake at all.. Seemed to be random.. And one of the worst days I had of it came after a day where I ate nothing but Honey Nut cheerios 4 or so times throughout the day.. (I probably had at least a piece of fruit or two though and fulfilled a diet that would appear to be healthy enough for that day)

... So beginning with the holidays, I figured, "what the heck" I'm going to eat whatever the hell I want, and really see if a meaty, protein filled diet has bad effects on my breath.... I'm only a couple days into it now, so I can't say how this will work, but I plan on going through with this for at least two weeks..

I really don't feel like I have much to live for right now, but the prospect of getting back into shape got me a little excited again.. I've lost weight and much of my muscle mass.. I'd really like to get it back, and this time, I want to go all out.. So since I've become too embarrassed to work out at the gym anymore, I've decided to purchase a weight bench, and a set of weights.. Can't wait to pound away at the iron again.. I might smell like crap, but At least I'm going to feel good about the way my body feels and looks.....

Anyway, I'm going to take a chance and load up on protein.. I'm even going to pick up some whey protein powder and start drinking shakes again... I'm sure the old traditional 'tonsil' breath will become worse.. I've already noticed that the coating on the tongue comes back quicker when I'm eating more than just cereal and fruit everyday.. Though that's pretty obvious.... But I'd rather have the tonsil breath (which I can at least surgically try fix some day [although it would cost me 5 thousand dollars >.<]) than sewer/egg/poop breath coming out of every orrifice.

I really don't know if this will help, and I do have my doubts, but eating 'cleaner' hasn't seemed to have done a thing for me.. and with my current theory, possibly even created this sewer odor.. Protein deficiency? I think it's just as plausible as any of the other crazy theories we go through every day.

If this doesn't work, I'm going to be at my wits end.. so I might open up to my father about it and try to speed up the process of somehow getting me some kind of health insurance (I've been subtlely pushing at this for months).. if even for a single month, so that I can afford a tonsilectomy.. I'm also going to look into the most effective probiotics and that silly (but apparently effective) danon yogurt.

stinkLikeShit247
Total Newbie

Post by stinkLikeShit247 »

I don't think diet is much of a factor. It wasn't a factor for me either. I tried all kinds of diet. All food is food for the bacteria in your mouth. The shit they shit just smells differently and we all know there is no such thing as odorless or pleasant smelling shit. So yeah, I say eat what you want man and exercise and look buff for the ladies and tell them you can't touch this. Btw, hope you get your tonsillectomy done soon.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Yeah I've been experimenting with the same diet, and noticing similar results... subtle if any from eliminating protein. Over the holidays I ate meats, drank egg nog, ate cakes, candy... didn't follow all the cleansing procedures... at the end I was no worse or better.

Still, I think it takes more time to see any difference. I'm sticking with it for a bit longer, and will probably keep some of my new eating habits. I'm just not going to beat myself up if I slip, and I'm not going to be depressed walking past a pizza or ice cream shop anymore. If I want it, I'll have it.

I need to get back to the gym. I lose mass quickly. I feel much better overall when I'm in shape, and it's important for me to look and feel good especially once spring/summer comes back around. There is no excuse to let BB ruin every aspect of my life.

The one thing I think I must control though... with food, is how much and when I eat at a serving. I think it helps to eat earlier and wake up on an empty stomach. Also not to eat huge amounts of anything at a time. That makes more notable difference than anything I've tried so far.
Lonely
Total Newbie

Avoiding protein is not the answer

Post by Lonely »

Hi everybody, am a new fellow never posted anything before. In short I am in the same boat with everyone of you, experienced all the signs and symptoms you all mentioned, reactions from others when I happen to be in close contact with them. Like many of you did, I had my tonsils taken out, I had resection of turbinates, travelled to San Francisco with the advice of Dr??? Dailley and I did many other things (buying over the counter mouth washes, tongue scrapers, probiotics, vitamins, enzymes just to mention a few) with no positive outcome.

I agree with Mike, minimizing your protein intake or totally depriving your body of the essential nutrient does not change/stop BB. In anycase these bugs have readily avilable supply of protein in the form of lining tissues of your bucal cavity, throat or the resident bacteria in your mouth, nose and throat. This bacteria digests any protein available and produce the same effect (VSC = Halitosis) So should we abstain from eating our usual diet or look further down into the root cause of our problems? Thank you all. I have benefitted tremendously since I joined this forum.
bb_us_hope
Total Newbie

Post by bb_us_hope »

In my experience, meat does not make bb much worse.

But fruit does. Oranges, pineapples, water melons, grape fruit, cherries, any kind of berries, apples. Sometimes, when I eat any of the above, my bb gets immediately worse; so much that even I can sense it.

So I try to stay away from any of that stuff.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
me
Advanced

Post by me »

chocolate, cereal and any fast food make my bb worst.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic