Your Email Address:

First Name:

How do you react to people with Halitosis?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Dunno I have never met anyone with really strong halitosis like me. Also I don't really think it's something you can really choose. If you do not react, it'll be forced. If that person keeps talkin to you eventually you'll feel like rubbing your nose once or twice.

djsilk
Total Newbie

Post by djsilk »

Busted wrote:Dunno I have never met anyone with really strong halitosis like me. Also I don't really think it's something you can really choose. If you do not react, it'll be forced. If that person keeps talkin to you eventually you'll feel like rubbing your nose once or twice.
The problem with halitosis is that the individual who has it, doesnt know they have it, its not like body odour etc.

Theres been many a time when Ive been in a public house (pub), and I like karaoke, and the DJ who I know well, comes over and speaks to me, and when I talk back, he sometimes rubs his nose.

I understand what you mean because I feel I have halitosis sometimes but the reality is the only way you will know is if you ask!!

I have a gf, and she reassures me that I dont have halitosis...my thoughts are...."Is she just saying it to not hurt my feelings etc?".

Face your phobia and that way you'll get to the bottom of it.

For there to be a problem, there must be a cause!!

I am one of the most orally hygienic people you'll ever wish to meet, and I sometimes get a vinegar smell on my breath, and thats after flossing, brushing my tongue, my teeth and using a non alcoholic mouthwash!!
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

djsilk wrote:
Busted wrote:Dunno I have never met anyone with really strong halitosis like me. Also I don't really think it's something you can really choose. If you do not react, it'll be forced. If that person keeps talkin to you eventually you'll feel like rubbing your nose once or twice.
The problem with halitosis is that the individual who has it, doesnt know they have it, its not like body odour etc.
Well thanks for the old information which is incorrect btw, but people don't wake up one day and torture themselves with thoughts of them havin bad breath or not. In other words it's always someone close to him that has told the person about it before he knows. So what you're saying is not totally incorrect, because the first time you really need people tell that you have bad breath. But after that you can pretty much see it on the reactions people give you and how they constantly offer you mint, gum and all that stuff.

Do you think that people just come up with the idea that they have bad breath out of nowhere? I mean how else should a person know if he has bad breath of the first time if it's not someone that tells him?

I'm sorry but it's pretty obvious that you don't know much about it.

Let me explain in detail:

Most persons who come here have been told they have bad breath. First time they might not think of it as such a big deal, depending on how sensitive the person is. Second time they get comments about their bad breath. They start thinkin of it as a bigger problem. One thing they'll notice if the bad breath is really that bad, is that people don't feel comfortable around that person when he is opening his mouth and saying somethin. You don't know this? Of course you do, you see people rub their noses too the moment you speak to them. Don't tell me it's coincedence that they feel like rubbing their noses when you are speaking.

In my case it was my sister that told me the first time, also you're pretty naive if you think someone will always tell you the truth. I've found that my sister denies that she has ever said it to me and says she can't smell anything, yet my classmates are talkin about my bad breath and how they should offer me gum. I can tell you why she denies it now, because she wants me to become more confident again when I'm speaking. But my classmates who are pretty cruel, they just tell to you in your face that your breath smells, because they don't give a shit about you.

Another thing I can tell how bad my breath is, is how bad people react to my breath. Iget reactions of people backing off, rubbing their noses constantly, coughing, Most of the time they just grab their nose.

I'm not sure why you quoted my post before you typed that. But there was no real connection between your post and mine.

EDIT: I read your previous posts and see that you're only an acute halitosis sufferer which means you only have it from time to times. Most people who come here have very strong halitosis (chronic) that have been confirmed by their close ones. But let's use our common sense here, how else would the person know if they have bad breath if it's not someone who told them the first time.
djsilk
Total Newbie

Post by djsilk »

You are very obnoxious, I was attempting to help, but you seem like you have an awful chip on your shoulder, and that will not hold you in good stead.

I get all these reactions, but does it mean its true? Of course it doesnt. You need solid evidnece to prove a situation, before one is able to draw conclusions.

Do you have a gf? If so, has she said anyhting etc!!?

You seem to draw alot of your conclusions from the negatives which is a sign that you are depressed.

Challenge your mechanical thinking, and get solid evidence to prove you have BB.

If you brush your teeth, floss and use mouthwash...and there are no other physical ailments, then you should not have bad breath....simple!
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Look I said my sister has confirmed it already ok. :roll: And so do all my classmates who tell me not to talk to them because they can't stand my bad breath. I forgive you because that was a pretty long post, and sometimes we don't feel like readin everythin.

And plz...stop talkin about the reactions again...And no the members on this forum do not have the phobia otherwise this forum would be called the halitophobia.com. And yes you are ignorant.
elliott wrote:the bottom line is if you know your breath stinks... your BREATH STINKS.

Maybe they touched their nose for some other reason, but your breath still stinks and you know it.

Anyway, maybe we should start using another example. Like when people back off 3-4 feet as soon as you open your mouth. What will be the denial/excuse then? "People always back off 4 feet... it's normal... has nothing to do with BB.". Whatever. If you know you have BB 24/7/365, then you are accustomed to people's behavior when they are around you. If you aren't aware after years... then I question your intelligence.
Elliot couldn't have said it any better.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

djsilk wrote:If you brush your teeth, floss and use mouthwash...and there are no other physical ailments, then you should not have bad breath....simple!
If you're serious, then your ignorance on this issue is astounding & your "chip on your shoulder" statement would be ironic coming from you.
djsilk
Total Newbie

Post by djsilk »

thanatos wrote:
djsilk wrote:If you brush your teeth, floss and use mouthwash...and there are no other physical ailments, then you should not have bad breath....simple!
If you're serious, then your ignorance on this issue is astounding & your "chip on your shoulder" statement would be ironic coming from you.
Splendid! I woke up this morning, and I didnt brush my teeth, instead I took a chewable vitamin C tablet and guess what.....my breath didnt smell. Try it out!!

Read "my story" by some one who posted it, and I sometimes get a fishy smell on my breath, but thats nature.

If someone has chronic bb, then there must be a cause...thats all Im saying!
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

djsilk wrote:If someone has chronic bb, then there must be a cause...thats all Im saying!
I agree. That's why we are here. Trying to find a cause and then a cure. If you don't have chronic BB, why are you here?
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

djsilk wrote:
thanatos wrote:
Splendid! I woke up this morning, and I didnt brush my teeth, instead I took a chewable vitamin C tablet and guess what.....my breath didnt smell. Try it out!!

Read "my story" by some one who posted it, and I sometimes get a fishy smell on my breath, but thats nature.

You have morning breath and occasional bad breath? Well, you represent a person who does not have halitosis. Articles written by "experts" were made for people like you - people who do not have halitosis like we do & simply need to brush and floss. All that vitamin C stuff is irrelevant if your morning breath and occasional fish breath goes away after you brush.

If this is genuinely the limit of your affliction, then anything you have to offer in terms of your personal experience is useless because the vast majority of us have chronic halitosis and do not get it to stop when we suck on a piece of candy or brush our teeth like 'normal' people do.

Yeah, real splendid. You DON'T have a problem and you're hear doing nothing more than shoving it in our faces spouting your sheer ignorance based on your subjective experience as some kind of factual knowledge?
djsilk
Total Newbie

Post by djsilk »

thanatos wrote:
djsilk wrote:
thanatos wrote: If you're serious, then your ignorance on this issue is astounding & your "chip on your shoulder" statement would be ironic coming from you.

You have morning breath and occasional bad breath? Well, you represent a person who does not have halitosis. Articles written by "experts" were made for people like you - people who do not have halitosis like we do & simply need to brush and floss. All that vitamin C stuff is irrelevant if your morning breath and occasional fish breath goes away after you brush.

If this is genuinely the limit of your affliction, then anything you have to offer in terms of your personal experience is useless because the vast majority of us have chronic halitosis and do not get it to stop when we suck on a piece of candy or brush our teeth like 'normal' people do.

Yeah, real splendid. You DON'T have a problem and you're hear doing nothing more than shoving it in our faces spouting your sheer ignorance based on your subjective experience as some kind of factual knowledge?
Absolute nonsense, Im a dental student and I have and continue to do endless research on halitosis.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I'd suggest Jimi closes this site and tells everyone to go visit their dentist, who they all visit like 4 or 5 times a year. :roll:
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

well, I'll give credit for being a dentist and studying halitosis, because most dentists are clueless beyond the usual oral health problems.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

elliott wrote:well, I'll give credit for being a dentist and studying halitosis, because most dentists are clueless beyond the usual oral health problems.
They still are actually. Otherwise we could just go there and they would be able to tell "this" and "this" is worng with you, which is the reason why u suffer from bb 24/7. But unfortenately they can't. It aLso has to do with the fact that dentist most of the time just look at your teeth and gums, wether they are healthy or not. They don't even look at your coated tongue or anythin. If you have a much deeper cause like the majority of this forum's members do, then he's clueless. I've seen many people with rotten tooth and with teeth that are all messed up because they smoke. I have to admit that these people do have a little bb, but it's still almost nothing compared to our situation.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

djsilk wrote:
thanatos wrote:
djsilk wrote:[quote="thanatos

Absolute nonsense, Im a dental student and I have and continue to do endless research on halitosis.
man with all respect, if you have been making endless research on halithosis please say something new,
all that you have been sugesting has been said on this site a million times, and we still are here with the same problem. If you want to learn more about this i suggest you that you read the whole site, so we don´t have to go back in circles....

It´s obvious that there´s a reason for chronic halithosis, the only little problem is that NO ONE KNOWS what that reason is
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

djsilk wrote:Absolute nonsense, Im a dental student and I have and continue to do endless research on halitosis.
We're about to find out. You should be the bomb compared to us.

Most dentists, never mind students, know very little about halitosis.

I expect you to fill my cavities and read the x-rays of my wisdom teeth, not to tell me I need to brush to get rid of bad breath.

Tell me how brushing, flossing and using mouthwash stops bad breath. Real simple. Lets hear a "dental student's" answer. I expect it to be full of knowledge that the rest of us don't know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic