Your Email Address:

First Name:

Low Stomach Acid

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Low Stomach Acid

Post by Larc400 »

I know this has been discussed before, but maybe it's time to discuss it again :roll:

Was anyone here diagnosed with low stomach acid?

I guess low acid would make the stomach stink more than it should, and combined with a weak esophagus valve maybe the stench coming up can be fecal.

More info:
http://altmedicine.about.com/library/we ... hydria.htm

](*,)

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Not sure there is an accurate test for this. There is, of course PH testing, but I'm not certain that the results reflect what's happening deeper in the stomach.

What could one do to change the amount of stomach acid? Enzymes?
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Every question the quiz asks was yes for me. This is something I am definitely looking in to. Will try and get an appt. w/ my doctor this Monday.
maclean
Junior

Post by maclean »

i can bet anything that the tummy is the root of this problem (halitosis)
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

maclean wrote:i can bet anything that the tummy is the root of this problem (halitosis)
Well, it seems that way, but then you must consider the people who don't have digestive problems, but nasal problems.

Perhaps it's the fact that either something is coming up from the stomach, or coming down from the nostrils and ends up in the throat area. Many people have this problem, but don't have BB. It's just that we don't have the enzymes to kill off the bacteria like others do?

Because of lack of proper enzymes those of us with stomach related issues also can't properly digest the food. Stomach acid works overtime, and the stomach opening begins to erode and loosen. Acid comes back up.

Those with nasal problems don't get proper air and mucous flow, so mucous is stuck and without those enzymes, it cannot be broken down. Everything is trapped in the sinus passages and eventually in the throat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic