Your Email Address:

First Name:

embarrssing issue

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

embarrssing issue

Post by waitingforrelief »

i'd like to talk about something that i never thought i could write about, let alone talk about.

it's about kissing when one has a breath problem. i began to know that my problem was bacterial when i realized that i was beginning to transfer my breath to my bf's after dating for a while. my problem was not as bad when i was younger, and i remember kissing freely and not having a problem with it. my first serious bf started to have my breath after our having been together for a few months. i panicked and stopped kissing him. he eventually stopped having my breath. i guess his good bacteria in his mouth eventually won the battle. i was so afraid that i'd scar him for life. i'd had diffenret experiences kissing people since then. some didn't get affected by my breath at all - in fact they would sweeten mine. i guess their good bacteria were very strong. by now, my problem is worse and i won't kiss people that i date anymore. i would like very much to talk about it with them (the more serious ones) but never found the courage to, because of the shame and guilt that i feel.

can anyone relate to this?

oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

I like your courage to be vulnerable and honest to the core. I can relate to many of the things you talked about, and I can empathize with your fears and anxiety. Keep being who you are, speak your mind, share your soul because alot of people feel similarly to what you are feeling but may not have the words to express themselves to your capacity. Don't stop believing.

john
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

thank you john. i think it's important to talk about stuff like that, because it's part of how this condition affects our lives profoundly. if we don't take away the stigma of shame with each other who shares the same affliction, where/how else can we do it?

even if it's not to find a solution, we need to know that we're not alone and that we can talk about certain things to get them off our chests.
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

That is my biggest problem too.

I dont know how bad my bb is and to be honest i dont care too much either cos its something i just have to live with at the moment and so does everybody else.

But it is possible to live without kissing. Its a very sad life, still thats what i choose to live.

I also have lots of experience about boyfriends and bb and who gave it to who, but will post about it later cos now i must go to clean my house.

I just wanted to let you know that its the biggest issue for me and how terrible it is to see my life passing me by and not being able to do what would give me so much plesure.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

hungrygirl wrote:That is my biggest problem too.

I dont know how bad my bb is and to be honest i dont care too much either cos its something i just have to live with at the moment and so does everybody else.

But it is possible to live without kissing. Its a very sad life, still thats what i choose to live.

I also have lots of experience about boyfriends and bb and who gave it to who, but will post about it later cos now i must go to clean my house.

I just wanted to let you know that its the biggest issue for me and how terrible it is to see my life passing me by and not being able to do what would give me so much plesure.
thanks for replying hungrygirl. it is a source of frustration for me - but one that i'd like to not deal with alone anymore. do you have experience in talking about it with people you dated? would love to talk more about this, since it 's been such a taboo in my mind, and maybe even among those of us who suffer from bb. the first part of healing is acceptance, and i'd like to begin by talking about it. so i really appreciate this dialogue. please post more on your experience when you can.

thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic