Your Email Address:

First Name:

SSRI medication made my bad breath worse again?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
succ
Junior

SSRI medication made my bad breath worse again?

Post by succ »

Heya all, long time no see I guess :oops:

I started taking a new SSRI for depression about a month ago. Before that I took cymbalta(snri) for few months. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's because of this medicine or not, but my breath seems to have become worse. It's (again) more garbage-like than before(when I was on cymbalta). I remember reading somewhere that some have reported SSRIs making their breath/bo worse. Any thoughts/experiences?

yuckykat

Post by yuckykat »

hy Succ,escuse me but I do not know what SSRI means,as I am italian..are they antidepressant?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

The only thing I've heard that's BB related is that they can cause dry mouth... that's partly why I've always stayed away from such pills... Did you not notice similar effects with your earlier medication?
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

Yes, it's an antidepressant.
I know some of which can dry your mouth but that's not the case with me on this one. Earlier with cymbalta I didn't experience it either, but I also didn't have this rotten taste in my mouth, which seems to come from my stomach. Damn weird. :?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

:-k

It was last year at about this time that I took antidepressents.. I used those for about 2 or 3 months.. During that period, I discovered I had bad breath.. and it's of the rotten variety -_-

I'm pretty sure I only discovered my breath because I was speaking to people more while on the antidepressents.. also, I did see the dry mouth thing and figured it was just making it worse.. but hm.. what if the changes made by the antidepressents altered something else.. something so much more evil and horrible... what if they created my BB!!

.. I doubt it.. Either way, I'm stuck with this now #-o
yuckykat

Post by yuckykat »

As far as I'm concerned,antidepressants are not the cause of my bad breath as it started many years before I first took them..
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

I don't think it's the cause either, but I find it weird how my breath becomes a lot worse after taking these for few weeks. And I'm not even talking more than usual(when I was on cymbalta).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic