Your Email Address:

First Name:

Halitosis Q&A

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Gabriel

Halitosis Q&A

Post by Gabriel »

I would like to continue answering any questions I can about the science of bad breath in a new thread. I am not a clinician or a scientist; I work for one of the top bad breath researchers/clinicians. My purpose on this forum is not to sell anything but only to be a source of scientific information.

If possible, please read the previous Q&A thread before posting new questions: viewtopic.php?t=1008

Your question may already be answered there.

maclean
Junior

Post by maclean »

hi there i can say after years of trying with this thing we have call halitosis,i can bet anything that it comes from our tummy.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

maclean wrote:hi there i can say after years of trying with this thing we have call halitosis,i can bet anything that it comes from our tummy.
Bet nothing on that. 99% of halitosis is an oral infection.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Gabriel wrote:
maclean wrote:hi there i can say after years of trying with this thing we have call halitosis,i can bet anything that it comes from our tummy.
Bet nothing on that. 99% of halitosis is an oral infection.
So. 1% of chronic halitosis is digestive related. Are you going to stick with that?

So having putrid gassy burps after eating, having taste and smell of fermented food after eating, weak stomach valve not keeping digestive acid down, sour stomach upon waking up, bloated stomach after eating, dehydration, trouble digesting dairy and protein ....etc.

The above are a 1% contribution to this "oral infection"? What else is infecting the oral area? And where can this other 99% of the infection originate?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

guess i'm in that 1 percent..

And because this is basically 'the site' for those with bb, most of us are probably in that 1 percent.. That's not hard to believe either.. This is the internet.. we come from far and wide. Us comprising that 1 percent makes plenty of sense.
Some people here have been suffering from bb for 10 or more years.. do these people really have an infection in their mouth? I doubt it.

Surely this clinic is beneficial to the majority of bb sufferers, yes.. But I'm certain we are something else alltogether. I noticed you failed to acknowledge my questions in the last thread, Gabriel, and they were clearly colon related... For most of us, Halitosis is a symptom of something on a grander scale than the oral region.
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

mine is definately oral, and not stomach related.
girlie girl
Advanced

Me too!

Post by girlie girl »

I don't have any digestive disorders that I know of. Just constant post nasal drip. I would say mine is oral. By the way, does mucinex work to control anyones post nasal drip? Thank you Gabriel for taking the time to post.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Im confused. I have a normal tongue with a thin coating occationnally. I have no problems with tonsils, dry mouth, PND or any others. I have never had any problems with my stomach or any of that. I do get PND/ Dry Mouth after i wake up but thats it. What is cuasing my BB I DONT GET IT.

P.S Im a total newbie. ive had it for 8 months
maclean
Junior

Post by maclean »

well i have a nice pink tounge good oral hygene and dont think its in the mouth/throat its coming up from somewhere lungs or the tummy i think,i may be wrong but im very sure of this.if it comes from our mouth/throat why the isnt there a mouthwash that cures it.and if you no that why dont we have a cure for it yet it cant be that hard can it.
Need A Cure
Total Newbie

Post by Need A Cure »

I believe mine is due to PND as i'm very healthy, with the exception of allergies. My BB seems to be at it's worst when my nose/throat is congested.

I've done the following (like most on this forum) to correct this curse with little to no benefit.

tonsils/adnoids removed
deviated septum corrected
allergy shots
fasted
gave up milk for awhile
tried most so called BB cures/treatments on the market with no success
JZ
Junior

Post by JZ »

I also believe that mine bb is due to PND. I have always a white coating on my tongue. I have allergies tested positive. Sometimes my nose is congested. The congestion disappears when I clean the far back of my the tongue with a tongue-scraper. If I do that regular then my nose don't comes congested. I know that now for about a year. So I believe that there is a correlation in (not) tonguescraping en nose congestion.

tonsils removed
nosefolds removed (conchae)
deviated septum corrected
allergy shots
JakeL
Total Newbie

Post by JakeL »

I too believe my bb comes from PND. I just woke up one morning and it was there. I could smell it myself for so long. I still can sometimes. But it is possible it came from my stomach because I started fasting around the same time my bb arrived. Also I had an inner ear infection during this same time period.Sooooo... this was a monumentous week or two in the story of my life, it was the perfect storm. I thoguth at first that i would just leave just as soon as it came. I wish I knew what caused my bb. then I would some clue where to begin trying to defeat this evil and put an end to this loneliness.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I think the mucus has a relation, but isn't the cause..

What I'm saying is that PND will make the situation worse.

Imagine this.. Your body is full of toxins, or hydrogen sulfide, or whatever that rotten eggs shit smell might be (if that's the type of breath you have) .. That stuff is coming out of your body in various places because you can't break it down properly.. So this stuff is coming out in the mucus.. Thanks to PND, the mucus just stays back there constantly.. Hanging out back there for so long and associating with other bad bacteria, the breath consequently smells really bad.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

mike987 wrote:I think the mucus has a relation, but isn't the cause.
I strongly believe that mucous is a major part of the problem. I have always wondered what symptom do we all have in common, and it always comes down to mucous.

Role of bacterial adherence and the mucus barrier on bacterial translocation: effects of protein malnutrition and endotoxin in rats.

Bacteria binds to mucous in the gut and intestines. That would probably be why I have the sticky, thick nasty feeling after eating. It's the worse smell of the day. I think that it mucous simply carries bacteria. It doesn't matter whether from the nose or gut. It is a vehicle that drives funk directly to the mouth, where everyone can enjoy it.

So, I believe the problem is deeper than an oral problem, and throwing out numbers like "99% of all cause of BB is oral" and we cure "90-94% of all patients" is misleading. Who are your patients Gabriel? You skipped that question earlier. I would like to know if they all have pnd? Have you never treated anyone with digestive issues? Or is it that all your patients have strict oral issues. IE: They do not have a problem with mucous in the sinus or gut.
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

I have to agree with Mike and Elliot on this one. For one I have had this problem for awhile and after the fresh breath products i learned about PND and figured that it may have to do with allergies so I started with Allergy shots but with no avail. I started going to this Allergy center that works with Accupressure to prevent these allergies such as dust, weed, grass.etc. After my dust treatment I have never sneezed or had itchy eyes so my nose was less congested and the PND may have been alleviated sllightly, buy I still have the bad breath and I still have to spit mucous out. I think the problem is Digestive related and I dont think there are any magic bullets or one week or two week cures. I think its gonna take some time a couple of months at least of strict dieting mixed with some herbs, exercising, etc. Im doing this strict Candida diet right now and have been doing it for 2 weeks so far, so I'll see where this takes me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic