Your Email Address:

First Name:

I got rid of my bad brerath...finally..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
IMFREE
Total Newbie

I got rid of my bad brerath...finally..

Post by IMFREE »

Hi,I'm new but I've been coming to this forum for a couple of months now.

I just wanted to say I got rid of my bb..I have been having bb since the age of 12 and bb from the nose since I was 14 but I'm 19 now..basically what I did was some research on the internet for about 5 months.I went back to find out all of the foods that can cause bb and it just so happens that all of the food that was on these lists that I was seeing was food I have been eating since I was about 11 yrs.old or so....and I did more and more research and found that the problem was the food that I was eating and drinking and food that I wasn't eating and drinking....since I was young,I always ate a lot of the same things junk food,chesse,milk,eggs,red meat,sea food(I'm from new orleans and we love our sea food)and a lot of soda and kool-aid..I never drank a lot of water in my lifetime..so no matter how good I thought I was brushing my teeth and flossing(my dentist always told me that I had clean teeth..I never had a cavity in my life) I was still doing all the wrong things...I learned the proper way to clean my mouth...and it included brushing my teeth,gums,roof of my mouth,inside area of my cheeks(I didnt even know that bacteria could be on the inside of cheeks)and I scrape my tounge lot..

ya see,my problem was I was not eating brekfast at all since the age of 11 because I was just not hungry in the mornings and sometimes I skipped out on eating lunch also and that's very very bad...so now I eat breakfast even if it's just a piece of toast and I eat lunch more often..that has helped my breath in a lot of ways...I also learned that holding in poop could also be the reason for bad breath,I always held in my poop at school and I used to do it at work..now I poop when I have to..even if I have to go in a burger king or somthin (haha) yeah but now I've cut back on junk food,sea food,pizza etc...etc..and not eating fruits and veggies were also a problem,now that's all I eat..I drink water and nothing else..(well maybe some gatorade every once in a while)and I have lost some weight in the process..

I actually started to fin out my bad breath was going away because of my little brother.he used to always joke about my breath or rub his nose whenever I talked to him and my friends did the same..one day I just started talking to my friends and I was just going on and on and all of a sudden I noticed that they weren't backing away or covering their noses..they were just coversating back to me and it was like 10 hours since the last time I brushed my teeth so it suprised me...I ran home and boldy asked my brother if my breath smelled and he said he didn't smell anything so I wanted a 2nd opinion,I asked my other brother if my breath smelled and he said he didn't smell anything(and this was over 10 hrs since I last brushed my teeth)BOY WAS HAPPY...so now I can actually talk to peaople face to face and look them dead in the eye while I talk to them..because bb was a major confidence killer for me..I once actually went with girl for 2 yrs.that I have never actually seen..(thru hook ups)and every time she and my friends wanted to go out to eat or go to the movies,I wouldf always act like I had somthing to do...

I also have had suicidal thoughts from time to time because I almost threw away my dream of wanting to become a actor..now that dream is back on(I plan on moving to L.A. in a yr or two)my bb also caused me to dropout of school because I couldn't take anymore of the whole school calling me a freak and people not wanting to sit around me and making fun of me(I am attending G.E.D. classes to still get my education..

most people have different reasons for having bb,so IMO there will not be just one cure to for everybody to be cured well, not in this lifetime...so you have to do a lot of research and find out what's causing your bb and then from there you can attack it..

oh and I forgot to mention that I do that thing with the salt,baking soda and water mixture up the nosrtils and I rub vasiline in my nostrils..and I brush my teeth with regular old tooth patse and I don't use mouth wash,that just makes your bb worse..

good luck..and keep hope alive for a cure..

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

\:D/
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Well I'm glad you're problem is under control. Nothing bad about that.

But I don't think eating this kind of food was what caused your bb.. Think of all the people other than you who eat like this all their lives.

With some coutnries, it's nothing but seafood seafood seafood, and they might not even brush their teeth more than once a day.

If you're really bb free now, you better make us proud and become an actor, you hear!? Then when you become hansomely rich, you can fund bb research =D>
elliott
God

Re: I got rid of my bad brerath...finally..

Post by elliott »

IMFREE wrote: junk food,chesse,milk,eggs,red meat,sea food
Yes indeed. These foods are on my list. However, I believe it's not all seafood, it's just shellfish that causes the problem. Red meat seems to be ok, once in awhile. Junk food is bad, but I've found pretzels to be somewhat better than anything else. Cheese, milk and eggs are extremely bad in any case.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

IMFREE wrote: junk food,chesse,milk,eggs,red meat,sea food
I almost never eat that kind of stuff you mention. I always eat breakfast, never skip any meal and drink a lot of water. Doesn't make my breath any better it seems. ](*,)
Troy

Post by Troy »

Wow, I'm so happy for you. Changing my diet is something I have done recently, though i havn't taken it to the extreme. I am starting to eat a lot of fruits and veggies, something i havn't really done in the past and I am drinking a lot of water, It's practically the only thing I'm drinking at the moment, however i still do eat meat every now and then, I havn't given up drinking milk and if I have t eat a fried egg i still do.
I would actually like to know what your daily routine is. Are you a vegeterian now? Have totally discarded cheese and milk and eggs etc.. out of your diet? I'f you do have a meal which includes any of these types of foods will your bb come back?
nonsak

Post by nonsak »

You hit the nail on the head....there was a post earlier about going raw...raw foods, fruits and vegetables...and i have noticed that i don't get reactions at all, even before i've brushed my teeth.....because vsc's use protein they live off of it....we can starve them or prevent them from using proteins to produce foul odors.....there are many nay sayers who have not tried just eating right, but it absolutely works. and water too!! Thank you for your post. it works
IMFREE wrote:Hi,I'm new but I've been coming to this forum for a couple of months now.

I just wanted to say I got rid of my bb..I have been having bb since the age of 12 and bb from the nose since I was 14 but I'm 19 now..basically what I did was some research on the internet for about 5 months.I went back to find out all of the foods that can cause bb and it just so happens that all of the food that was on these lists that I was seeing was food I have been eating since I was about 11 yrs.old or so....and I did more and more research and found that the problem was the food that I was eating and drinking and food that I wasn't eating and drinking....since I was young,I always ate a lot of the same things junk food,chesse,milk,eggs,red meat,sea food(I'm from new orleans and we love our sea food)and a lot of soda and kool-aid..I never drank a lot of water in my lifetime..so no matter how good I thought I was brushing my teeth and flossing(my dentist always told me that I had clean teeth..I never had a cavity in my life) I was still doing all the wrong things...I learned the proper way to clean my mouth...and it included brushing my teeth,gums,roof of my mouth,inside area of my cheeks(I didnt even know that bacteria could be on the inside of cheeks)and I scrape my tounge lot..

ya see,my problem was I was not eating brekfast at all since the age of 11 because I was just not hungry in the mornings and sometimes I skipped out on eating lunch also and that's very very bad...so now I eat breakfast even if it's just a piece of toast and I eat lunch more often..that has helped my breath in a lot of ways...I also learned that holding in poop could also be the reason for bad breath,I always held in my poop at school and I used to do it at work..now I poop when I have to..even if I have to go in a burger king or somthin (haha) yeah but now I've cut back on junk food,sea food,pizza etc...etc..and not eating fruits and veggies were also a problem,now that's all I eat..I drink water and nothing else..(well maybe some gatorade every once in a while)and I have lost some weight in the process..

I actually started to fin out my bad breath was going away because of my little brother.he used to always joke about my breath or rub his nose whenever I talked to him and my friends did the same..one day I just started talking to my friends and I was just going on and on and all of a sudden I noticed that they weren't backing away or covering their noses..they were just coversating back to me and it was like 10 hours since the last time I brushed my teeth so it suprised me...I ran home and boldy asked my brother if my breath smelled and he said he didn't smell anything so I wanted a 2nd opinion,I asked my other brother if my breath smelled and he said he didn't smell anything(and this was over 10 hrs since I last brushed my teeth)BOY WAS HAPPY...so now I can actually talk to peaople face to face and look them dead in the eye while I talk to them..because bb was a major confidence killer for me..I once actually went with girl for 2 yrs.that I have never actually seen..(thru hook ups)and every time she and my friends wanted to go out to eat or go to the movies,I wouldf always act like I had somthing to do...

I also have had suicidal thoughts from time to time because I almost threw away my dream of wanting to become a actor..now that dream is back on(I plan on moving to L.A. in a yr or two)my bb also caused me to dropout of school because I couldn't take anymore of the whole school calling me a freak and people not wanting to sit around me and making fun of me(I am attending G.E.D. classes to still get my education..

most people have different reasons for having bb,so IMO there will not be just one cure to for everybody to be cured well, not in this lifetime...so you have to do a lot of research and find out what's causing your bb and then from there you can attack it..

oh and I forgot to mention that I do that thing with the salt,baking soda and water mixture up the nosrtils and I rub vasiline in my nostrils..and I brush my teeth with regular old tooth patse and I don't use mouth wash,that just makes your bb worse..

good luck..and keep hope alive for a cure..
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

diet is the key ^^

i do would like to know how long you've been doing the salt/bakingsoda/water nose cleansing. what method do you use?
maclean
Junior

Post by maclean »

please can you tell me how to do the salt water and baking soda thing please thankyou.
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

there is the neti pot which you can google. another is a plastic bottle with a tub from the cap to the bottom which u squeeze. also try googling this, or u can go to ur local pharmacy and ask a worker ^^
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

for ur 2nd post can u answer my question?.........

i started the baking soda/salt nose cleansing today. lets see how this works out.
Troy

Post by Troy »

greenman wrote:for ur 2nd post can u answer my question?.........

i started the baking soda/salt nose cleansing today. lets see how this works out.
I also started the baking soda and salt cleaning and I must say, I am quite pleased with the results.
Today at work I can't remember getting any of the usual reactions, you know the scratching of nose and the coughs. I even tried to get closer to people to see if they would react, and nothing. Basically my routine this morning was this: Woke up, brushed my teeth with normal tootpaste, ate breakfast (a waffle and an orange) and then did the heavy cleaning. Brushed again with normal toothpaste for only about 20 seconds, tung brused my tongue with some baking soda gargled with salt water, then started with the nasal cleaning. I know some people use a neti pot, but i'd rather use a syringe as the water is pushed through the nasal passages with more pressure making the water go deeper. Anyway, I put a few table spoons of baking soda in cup filled with warm water
and started putting the stuff up my nose. After i finished I brushed again with just baking soda and gargled with the remainder of the water and baking soda left in the cup. Thats it, Immediately i felt my mouth much cleaner than ever before.
At work every now and then i drank some water just to keep my mouth moist, and like I said before, I got no reactions. After a few hours I rubbed my fingers through my wisdom teeth, usually when i do this my fingers come back out with a bad odor, but today nothing, all i could smell was the baking soda. I also realised that for the first time in a long time, i hardly got any pnd.
I'm also cutting down on high protein foods, I'm eating much more fruits and veggies and only drinking water or juices.
I'm definitely going to keep doing this routine every day 3 times a day, morning, after lunch and before going to sleep. I'm going to try and get close to people and test their reactions to my breath and hopefully if i have the guts actually ask someone how my breath is. If the results are good, I'll open a new thread on this.
I'll keep you guys posted.
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Troy or any of you, can I ask, what is your odor like - fecal, garbag, dirty sock, mercantile, rotten egg??? Thanks!
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

baking soda is used in the fridge to stop odor. it doesn't have an offensive smell, it is more neutral even though there is smell.

i'm going to try to add more baking soda next time. btw what is the ratio of the salt and baking soda you use troy?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Bloorain wrote:Troy or any of you, can I ask, what is your odor like - fecal, garbag, dirty sock, mercantile, rotten egg??? Thanks!
To be honest i'm not sure. I've heard before that it smells like rotten egg.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic