Your Email Address:

First Name:

New job two weeks report

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
iwillbecured

New job two weeks report

Post by iwillbecured »

A while ago, I posted a topic about job suggestion. Somebody mentioned about customer service jobs for bb sufferer. I thought it was a great idea and went for it. Luckily I got a job. The training (which I think it's the hardest part) started two weeks ago. But so far I think I'm doing ok.

Before the training started, I told meself this: "Yes, I have bb. If I hide in the corner and don't talk to people, they're going to think 'she stinks and she's weird & not nice'. Or I can try my best to be extra nice and friendly to people, then they'll think 'she stinks but she's really nice'."

So during the two weeks, I still was somewhat quiet. But when people talked to me, I always gave my biggest smile and talked normally to them. I used to kinda hold my breath and talked really quiet, then people ended up not hearing me and lean even closer. So I might as well talk normally.

The two people who sat right next to me during training, they constantly rub their noses or sometimes just cover their noses with their hands. One of the guy said it on the first day "it smells here", and I think he soon figured it was me. I tried my best to ignore their reactions so I won't get too stressed out and have a panic attack. But even with their reactions, they are still very friendly and try to talk to me everyday. There are a few people that always talk to me during break and have no reaction at all. So I guess some people just don't have really good sense of smell.

So far, I think my "being extra nice" strategy is working. All my fellow co-workers have been nice. Even these two unlucky guys who had to sit right next to me. I can totally understand the way they react, but yet they still try to be really nice to me. I was even invited to go to a party next week.

I mean, I still hope we can find a way to cure bb. But for now, just by changing my attitude and be more positive, life seems to be treating me better. I have one more week of training to go, after that I will be more comfortable working alone in my own cubicle. :)

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

That's a great post. I need to keep that in mind myself. Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic