Your Email Address:

First Name:

This is a support board & has little to do with a cure

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
thanatos
God
This is a support board & has little to do with a cure

Post by thanatos »

OK, time for some of my cynicism.

I've come to realize that the illusion here is that this board is about finding a cure when it's really just a board for us to support each other in our trials and in our futile search for a cure.

This board right here and now is all there is. There's no cure on the horizon. All we've got for the rest of our lives is this board for us to connect & for the rest of our lives we will be visiting this board or the next that pops up.

The cure is not even close. Look at the "best" we have: chlorhexadine created 60 years ago and chlorine dioxide created over 30 years ago - both of which were seen back then as being bactericidal. These chemicals are OLD NEWS yet they are being touted today as new products.

There's nothing new on the market besides lies and more lies. It's the same old crap recycled. The same old chemicals, the same old detoxes, the same old false hopes.

The interaction we have and the comfort we get from this board is the pinnacle of real relief 99.9% of us will see. Consolation & really little more

Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I fear what you are saying is probably true. But aren't there some rare cases where people seem to find cures for themselves?
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Eric wrote:I fear what you are saying is probably true. But aren't there some rare cases where people seem to find cures for themselves?
yes, they are. There are a bunch of members that succed finding relief and never came back....

So keep searching cause you´ll turn could come.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

There have been some people on this forum who found a cure or at least something that will make their breath better. Unfortenately it's no guarantee that it will be everyone's cure on this forum.

This is also what makes it such a bitch.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I totally agree, that is why we should research the natural approach. That is my point. Halitomafia will not discover anything new in the future.

If they will we will know about it. Chlorine dioxide and chlorhexidine are 2 bombs with sideeefects, not safe to use and they dont help at all
findacure
Master

Re: This is a support board & has little to do with a cu

Post by findacure »

thanatos wrote:OK, time for some of my cynicism.

I've come to realize that the illusion here is that this board is about finding a cure when it's really just a board for us to support each other in our trials and in our futile search for a cure.
I was thinking the same thing, nothing new, same old things being said *yawn* ...just no new solution....but this site has enable me to find people in my area with the same condition so i have gained new friends, also if this site wasnt here i would have spent a huge amount of money on Breath Clinics and other motions and potions...because i would have had no one to tell me no that doesnt work or thats a waste of time!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

this site is very valuable for advice anyway, and I can't imagine going through this without support.

We can try to manage our breath together, and perhaps discover the truth of our problems through shared discussion.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

findacure wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, nothing new, same old things being said *yawn* ...just no new solution....but this site has enable me to find people in my area with the same condition so i have gained new friends, also if this site wasnt here i would have spent a huge amount of money on Breath Clinics and other motions and potions...because i would have had no one to tell me no that doesnt work or thats a waste of time!
Good
How much did you save so I can send you invoice?
;)
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

Jimi wrote:
findacure wrote:

Good
How much did you save so I can send you invoice?
;)
hehe...funni...i kno someone who has spent £20,000, on visits to breath clinics and on motions and poitions, but they didnt do their research..maybe if they had found this iste they wouldnt have spent so much...
lolalola
Junior

Post by lolalola »

I agree! I have been feeling that deep sadness that there is no cure for us, there aren't even any segments done on it on television meanwhile there is hope for people who have other diseases....atleast someone acknowledges they have a disease. I hate having to convince people (doctors that is) that I am suffering from an illness just to have them give me a weird look and tell me to brush my teeth and FLOSS!! Gee thanks...I haven't thought of that one!
I think about my bb every day and wish that this curse was not on me and wonder what a different person I would be without this!
songs4jane
Total Newbie

Post by songs4jane »

I'm getting really tired of people sniffing around me or asking for gum. ( By the way, why do people pull out a piece of gum to chew themselves when someone around them has bad breath? How come they rarely offer the person w/ BB a piece?) My future career involves tons of face-to-face communication with people, and I don't know if I'll ever really get a job with this problem. Why should my education and career suffer due to this problem? Aren't I entitled to the same possibilites and opportunities as anyone else? I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE... I have no social life...my life sucks actually... :cry:
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

songs4jane wrote:( By the way, why do people pull out a piece of gum to chew themselves when someone around them has bad breath? How come they rarely offer the person w/ BB a piece?) :cry:
they probably become conscious of their own breath.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Is there anything else we can do now? :|

I mean you go through day and when you feel sad you just go to this forumand post some stuff. Everyone tries to cheer you up. And then you go on for another week and you feel sad again and post again. Everyone cheers you up again...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic