Your Email Address:

First Name:

O2

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

O2

Post by Larc400 »

If anaerobic bacteria cause our bb, can't we just blast them with pure oxygen? Maybe aiming high pressure oxygen straight at the back of the tongue, to get oxygen to wherever the bacteria are hiding? Is this idea really sharp, or really stupid? Please let me know.

OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

this is what i was thinking.....

But would it not dry the mouth???

Wouldnt breathing through our mouth help..

Although if these bacteria cant live in oxygen then yes they should die....

I have no clue. Your right its either really clever or just dumb..

Check this link out

http://www.alibongo.co.uk/catalog/produ ... ts_id=2024
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I'm no chemist, but if the trash stinks inside, you take it out.... but it still stinks. Dog crap, sewage, sanitation, they all stink. Perhaps they aren't anaerobic, but I don't think it matters. If anything, when the breath hits the fresh air, that's when it is smelled.

I think as long as your body produces it, it is not going to leave by adding something to the body. I think the source needs to be eliminated.

However, this (http://www.alibongo.co.uk/catalog/produ ... ts_id=2024) IS pretty interesting... :P
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_organism

"Obligate (strict) anaerobes die in presence of oxygen ... Instead of oxygen, obligate anaerobes use alternate electron acceptors for respiration ... The most favorable (after oxygen) is sulfate. In marine sediments this leads to large amounts of sulfate reduction, which most of us are familiar with as the rotten egg smell"

Inhaled air is something like 21% oxygen... That should be enough though, if it got in contact with the bacteria. They're hiding deep down in crypts etc, where our normal inhaled air won't reach. So maybe if we could blast pure oxygen with some force down those crypts... ...That thing on the link seems pretty good, but we need something with more precision. Does anyone have access to an oxygen tank..?

Yeah I was thinking about dog crap too. I guess the bacteria are hiding in there :?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

So does anyone know where to get hold of pressurized oxygen. Seems tightly controlled... :|
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Re: O2

Post by emotional rescue »

Larc400 wrote:If anaerobic bacteria cause our bb, can't we just blast them with pure oxygen? Maybe aiming high pressure oxygen straight at the back of the tongue, to get oxygen to wherever the bacteria are hiding? Is this idea really sharp, or really stupid? Please let me know.
I was thinking about this same idea for some time but i don´t know why i didn´t have the courage to post it.....but i think it´s a great idea!!
In theory it should work....

In my case this idea crossed my mind cause i have like the memory of thinked sometimes, you know when you are at the dentist to fix some cavities or just to check your mouth, sometimes they put you like a tube in your mouth with air just to keep ¨the work area¨ clean of saliva to work more confortable.
Well, i can´t remember well, but i have this idea like after this air in my mouth the feeling was like if i hadn´t bb for a certain period of time......

so i don´t know we have to try it....maybe it works....

I think a tube of oxygen is no difficult to get....
Larc400
God

Re: O2

Post by Larc400 »

emotional rescue wrote:
I think a tube of oxygen is no difficult to get....
Where..? :P
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Larc400 wrote:So does anyone know where to get hold of pressurized oxygen. Seems tightly controlled... :|
Have you tried amazon :P

Seriosly theres these oxygen sprays everywere. oxyfresh(which is pure oxygen used to treat wounds. lol i dont kno if it is pure but watever.

Should try that xD.

If it works this nightmare will be over
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I personally don't think the oxygen would be able to penetrate past the biofilm even with the pressure. If you got that kind of pressure to push a gas into and beneath the biofilm into the microscopic crevices of the tongue, then you'd have enough pressure t blast all the bacteria out & in that case you wouldn't need O2 just highly compressed gas of any safe kind.

Ozone is more powerful than O2 & therabrath sells the Ozonator to ozonate mouthwashes or plain water.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

thanatos wrote:I personally don't think the oxygen would be able to penetrate past the biofilm even with the pressure. If you got that kind of pressure to push a gas into and beneath the biofilm into the microscopic crevices of the tongue, then you'd have enough pressure t blast all the bacteria out & in that case you wouldn't need O2 just highly compressed gas of any safe kind.

Ozone is more powerful than O2 & therabrath sells the Ozonator to ozonate mouthwashes or plain water.
But in theory, for example, in one breath clinic they gave me an¨ozone based mouthwash¨, it was some kind of water or destilled water mixed with ozone, ozone is O3, oxigen is O2, and the reason behind this was that if the problem is anaerobic bacteria, then the best is the ozone to kill them, and more safe than chlorehidine and all that stuff....

The thing is, the mouthwash didn´t work out very well, it helped to the level of any other mouthwash.....but maybe the reason is that the ozone in the mouthwash wasn´t able to penetrate the biofilm quite good.....so maybe if we use the oxygen with the pressure needed (previusly use of a tung brush maybe...) the oxygen will penetrate the biofilm better than a mouthwash.....

In fact, i think that maybe the reason why the mouthwashes only work for some minutes is that maybe, if they don´t penetrate the biofilm quite well, the remaining bacteria growths really quick and we are in the same situation again....and the other problem is that mouthwashes kill the ¨good¨bacteria too.

But if we manage to get that the presurized oxygen penetrates better the biofilm and get rid of ALL the anaerobic bacteria, then maybe the bacteria will no longer be able to regenerate.....or at least it will take much longer time....

What do you think guys¿?
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I think you can suck up an entire tornado... 2 minutes later, all that shit will continue to seep back up from your gut, throat, tonsils, or nose. You're going to need to set this thing up either like an IV tube, or like one of those oxygen tanks the old folks roll around with... you'll need to constantly be intaking this air. How are you going to explain that to people at work?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Depends what you think the origin is. If you think the origin is anaerobic bacteria actually living orally, and not coming from somewhere else. It should work, just introducing oxygen to their homes. The air we breathe in is obviously not enough. It's only 21% oxygen and it doesn't get through the biofilm...

Elliot, you're in NYC right..? Must be able to find a suitable small pressurized oxygen tank there somewhere, with a thin mouthpiece that can be aimed at the tongue/throat..?

On the other hand, with this new lead on dimethyl sulfide, I'm getting convinced I might have a blood-borne problem too. I definitely have a stench coming from my nose, judging from the comments I've had even when my mouth's been closed... :-({|=
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic