Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsills out and cured

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
enigma
Total Newbie

Tonsills out and cured

Post by enigma »

I'd been afflicted with bad breath for over ten years and I just accepted there was no solution. After I brushed my teeth and used mouthwash, my breath still smelled appalling, and it was creating a massive problem.
Someone on here mentioned the tonisllectomy so I thought '***k it' I've got nothing to lose and went to my doctor in the uk, lied (Telling him I have tonsillitis 5-6 times a year and it's totally dehabilitating, meaning I'm stuck in bed for weeks on end, also causing financial problems i.e I'm self-employed so I don't get sick pay) I totally embellished, exaggerated this non-existent problem and within minutes he agreed.)
Anyway I had it done 10 days ago and I'm also fully recovered, it's a very dehabilitating experience but I'm happy to report my halitosis has virtually gone. After I've brushed my breath is absolutely fine, and there's no sign of that fetid smell emanating from the back of my mouth. The tonsilis are almost the exclusive contributing factor to bad breath if you ask me. i used to touch them and they ****ing stunk, bacteria colonised them and then deposited shit onto my tongue, something no dental hygiene programme is ever gonna remedy if you think these products are gonna help you. Get your tonsils out! On the NHS I only had to wait 2 months!!
So ****ing happy anyway, you should just do it, that Israeli guy was right!!

Peace

emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi congratulations!!

Please keep us updated
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

This might be the case, except for people who already have their tonsils out :oops:
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i am dearly looking forward to the day I can afford the tonsillectomy that has already been approved by an ENT.

Congratulations btw \:D/
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Had mine removed as a kid.

Still have BB

:(
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

So... I'm still wondering. People that have tonsils taken out.

Do they disappear because they are healed or because they give up? Everytime someone gets them out... they make one or two posts, and it's bye bye.
enigma
Total Newbie

Post by enigma »

Thanks guys, it's a huge relief, fingers crossed there won't be a recurrence. If you've had your tonsils out and there's still a problem I really don't know what to do apart from extend my sympathy.
If you're in America and can't afford a tonsillectomy, couldn't you do worse than going to Cuba to get it done like in Michael Moore's 'Sicko'
Anyway good luck to you all.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

be aware that the results have a lot to do with the antibiotics you are on. You have to make sure you are taking probiotics because once the antibiotics clear your system and a couple months pass, the bb bacteria will colonize the mouth again.

i was on cloud nine when i got my tonsils out. i was so happy the bb was gone. then the bb came back so much worse. it was so bad. now i have it controlled with probiotics from dr. katz. thank god
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Sweets07, probiotics get rid of your bb?
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

omg! I really have no idea what to think/do now! SO did tonsilectomy IMprove ure BB situation in general or was the "probiotics" Sweets??? i tried the K12 twice actually in one year no effect, I actually had a feeling it made it worse'?not sure, just a feeling.....AktivOxygen tablets did help with the tonsil stones....
So is anyone here who has been "cured" by it?? any difference?? All the time people are writing about tonsilectomy and noone gives any feedback! :/
Anyway I'm planning on removing my tonsils and any info regarding the topic is highly appreciated!
8-[
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

I had tonsillectomy too but my bb originates both from mouth and nose. My bb from the mouth is about 70% cured. But my bb from the nose still exists, maybe better but still exists. Sometimes, I suspect that my mouth bb is gone, it is the nasal exhaling when I speak that commands nose-scratching. Just from observation.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

spygirl wrote:I had tonsillectomy too but my bb originates both from mouth and nose. My bb from the mouth is about 70% cured. But my bb from the nose still exists, maybe better but still exists. Sometimes, I suspect that my mouth bb is gone, it is the nasal exhaling when I speak that commands nose-scratching. Just from observation.
70% is pretty decent IMO. Have you gone back to a normal life, or do you feel that it's still bad enough to keep you isolated? How long has it been, since you had the op, and how long did it take for healing?

Also how can you tell whether it's from the nose or mouth, judging from reactions? When you speak, most of the air comes from the mouth, so I would suspect that you can speak to people, but just not very close up?
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

Hi there,

I had my tonsils out on 19th Feb this year and I can honeslty say that it has helped me no end, i used to have horrible stinking tonsils and when i rubbed my finger on them it stunk - it is now all gone, i rub my finger and nothing, no smell!

I was on antibiotics for a week but i am off them now and i take a multi-probiotic everyday together with cider vinegar tablet............more for good health than anything...........i now use normal toothpaste etc..........

oh and this may be too much info but i have had how shall i say an intimate moment since and there was no problem at all.............i could even speak up close to his face...........

My life has def changed for the better since tonsillectomy!

Hope all goes well for others awaiting operation

xxx
enigma
Total Newbie

Post by enigma »

Sweets07 really wish you hadn't said that now lol! Can anyone recommend any probiotic products? I'm eating Activia yoghurts, but maybe I could buy some capsules from a health store or something?
And about the tonsillectomy, I'm working tomorrow after a fortnight off, my mouth has almost healed, it hurts slightly when I yawn and I can't open it fully but be warned the procedure will totally dehabilitate you for a week and the inside of your mouth will look like a severed arm. It is worth it though (So far)

Thanks, probiotic products please?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Really? I'd compare tonsillectomy to a walk in the park. Eating ice cream for a week is hardly the end of the world :-({|=
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic