Your Email Address:

First Name:

Halitophobia after you're cured

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thanatos
God
Halitophobia after you're cured

Post by thanatos »

If you get a questionable reaction after the cure, will you fall into a state of halitophobia? I might
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Likewise. It's extremely deeply rooted.

It's been my new-year's resolution for two years now to ignore any vague reactions which are not 100% certain. It's very hard. Sadly there's been a few non-vague reactions too :oops:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so what if you are halitophobic, that means shit, it can only bring you benefits, your breath will be minty al the time, your teeth clean.

And people will not ignore anymore, you will find love and good job etc..

What is the big deal with halitophobia, it is just an excuse for not having a cure.

I am still convinced that it does not exist. I don't believe it.

I started to freak out about my bb because people were reacting nasty to me not because I imagine my breath was bad for no reason.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
badbreathkiller
Total Newbie

Dealing With Halitophobia

Post by badbreathkiller »

Halitophobia is not a common phobia- less than 1% of the population has it, however, it is a very real phobia and one that must be taken seriously.

To deal with halitophobia yourself can be an overwhelming task. Seek the help of your doctor soon. The longer that this condition is ignored, the more it may very well spiral out of control.

Here is an article to help you deal with halitophobia. Hope that helps.
There is no secrets to bad breath remedies. Identify the cause and eliminate it. Learn more at http://www.badbreathkiller.com
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Jimi, do u still have bad breath?
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

There`s only one way to find out if you still have bb or not & that is to take an oral chroma test. If something shows up in the test then we can show it to the doctors & they cannot accuse us of having halitophobia.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Halitophobia is not a common phobia- less than 1% of the population has it
1% of the US population = 3,000,000 people in the United States alone with Halitophobia. It might not be common, but it is a significant number.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Anyone who's never been told straight that they have bb, but is still convinced they have it, should seriously consider the possibility of halitophobia. I doubt it's as common as 1% but yeah it exists. Probably dealt with in similar way to other psychological syndromes.... ie medication etc. It shares similarities to OCD and other syndromes, where 90% of a person's daily life is spent obsessing about a threat that is blown totally out of proportion...

You can also kind of have bb *and* halitophobia. Meaning, having an actual bb problem, but also exaggerating the problem, or becoming totally paranoid. This has defo happened to me. It's hard not to obsess about something like this...

:arrow:
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

thanatos wrote:
jc wrote:There`s only one way to find out if you still have bb or not & that is to take an oral chroma test. If something shows up in the test then we can show it to the doctors & they cannot accuse us of having halitophobia.
Which device measures all formed of organic compounds that produce bad breath? For instance, the Halmimeter doesn't read all types of VSC's and reads no Volatile Amines that cause bad breath.

I think the best way to to get verification from someone who will be straight up with you 100%, but then again can you trust someone 100%?
John`s oral chroma test looks fine to me & it`s not the same as the dated halimeter. We know that doctors will only accept valid proof. In my experience, doctors change their words from "I have to find the source of your bb" to "you don`t have bb" once the tests are finished & no possible culprit is on sight.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

The difference is that the first one measures halitomafia farts :oops:
jc
Sheriff

Re: Halitophobia after you're cured?

Post by jc »

thanatos wrote:Lets say you're cured from whatever treatment and it's verified by a doctor, family and friends.

If you get a questionable reaction after that, will you fall into a state of halitophobia?

I believe I would 100%. Just one questionable reaction would probably start the wheels in my head thinking I had bad breath again.

It's so sickening to think that even after I'm cured I will become halitophobic. I fantasize about how if I'm cured my life would change but the scarring goes too deep. Just one reaction and the cure will be useless even if it's still working.

That' how messed up I am.
If you get vague reactions then don`t think about it. Just continue with your life. I`m sure most people who got cured from this curse developed a stronger character & have a better appreciation of life.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic