Your Email Address:

First Name:

Streptococcus salivarius K12 WORKS!!! (for me)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
04paynem

Streptococcus salivarius K12 WORKS!!! (for me)

Post by 04paynem »

If you want quick facts that HAVE worked for some of us, which i believe we all started using after sweets07 posted her success story just read this.

Powder form works much better than the gum/lozenges.
Powder form when mixed with yogurt works better than the same powder mixed with plain water.
When using the drops that are provided by the therabreth version it works better with 100% juice instead of water.
Taking TWICE a day, not just once if much more effective.
CONTINUING this product after the 1month suggestied usage is key.

Sweets07 usage notes
My current regimen:

morning and night i do the following:
1. dip my tung brush in alcohol to sanitize it, then rinse it with water
2. brush my teeth and gums with the tung brush using crest lemon ice toothpaste
3. rinse and then dip my tung brush in alcohol to sanitize it. rinse it with water again
4. brush my tongue with tung brush using crest lemon ice toothpaste
5. rinse my tung brush, dip in alcohol, and store it
6. rinse my mouth thoroughly with acidic 100% juice + a scoop of K12 powder from Dr. Katz
7. then i drink a probiotic shot called DanActive Light (sugar free)

the toothpaste i use is Crest Lemon Ice:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 0901&s=hpc
Reason: mint toothpastes leave a bad taste when drinking an acidic juice shortly thereafter. also, other toothpastes are somewhat basic in pH and this toothpaste as far as i know is not

the yogurt i use is DanActive Light:
http://www.actimelusa.com/
Reason: sugar free and as a liquid it reaches all the surfaces of my mouth.

the juice i use is from Dole:
orange, pineapple banana blend
Reason: it is a lot smoother and pleasant tasting than orange or pineapple juice alone.

the TUNG brush (i don't use the gel that comes with it):
http://www.tungbrush.com/
Reason: the tung brush as extremely firm bristles and a large surface area to clean the entire mouth. be gently though if you are a first time user. you can hurt yourself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around these boards for a few months now, just registering to let everyone know about my situation.

Anyways, I'm 22 and have been suffering from BB since my teenage years. After discovering this forum I tried every potential cure/fixer for BB. I tried the Probiotics, the Candida, orange tablets, and the neti pot suggestion. The neti pot did take away the severity of the BB for maybe 4 hours after use, the smell was still there just not as bad, but still bad :(.

One day i saw someone mention that they tried some BLISS formula so i searched around and found http://www.drugdispensary.com/products/ ... ku=2165058

When trying to order this my credit card declined the order saying it was a foreign country and they wouldn't allow it. So i looked at what the product was all about and it was the "Streptococcus salivarius K12". Googled this and got a newish product by Therabreth. link is http://www.therabreath.com/productdetai ... =2&pid=209

Anyways, the first day i used this product my BB was gone almost entirely. You use it in the morning after brushing your teeth and a second time at night for the first day, the rest you use it just in the morning.

I do suffer from somewhat of a drymouth, I get nervous/anxious ALOT and when I do my mouth gets dry. This product along with Biotene toothpaste/mouthwash (a dry mouth toothpaste I found in my local pharmacy) has gotten rid of my BB. When I wake up in the morning my mouth is soaking wet and I have only the slightest hint oh BB, witch I assume is just the normal morning breath that nearly everyone has. I brush/use this Therebreth product and my BB is GONE. Through the day i brush after lunch and after dinner, and again at night.

When I first used this product my tongue was still a white color, but it was a different white, more pink showing through. My tongue has stayed this color but I thought it was going to completely remove the whiteness. I guess that doesn't have to do with how bad your breath is. The way my mouth feels in completely different, and to be honest i cant explain it. I do keep a bottle of water with me at all time, to take a small sip every 30min or so, just to keep the saliva flowing.

I'm in college and about to graduate and this past Friday I was invited to go out to a party for the first time in four years.

I'm still really nervous about my breath, checking every hour or so when I'm at home, and every chance i get when I'm out. Every time that I feel the BB has come back, I check, and its just NOT THERE.

TO THEREBRETH SKEPTICS OUT THERE READING THIS.
--I did try smartmouth/therabreth toothpaste and mouthwash last year and it actually made my BB worse. I do not endorse any other Therabreth product. I have NOT tried there newer type of toothpaste with the PLUS on it.

There are other brands with this stuff, with less expensive versions, but since this has worked for me I'm fine with paying the high cost, because my BB is gone. You are supposed to use it every 6 months, the treatment is for 30days. I dont know if I'm going to stop using it after the 30days is up, I'm too scared my BB will come back, I'm probably just going to order more.

I have no idea who the person was who i first saw mention BLISS, but I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Last edited by 04paynem on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nomad
Total Newbie

Post by nomad »

Thanks for sharing with us! That's really good news. It seems that different things work for different people, considering that BLISS or K12 hasn't worked for everyone. I'm really glad you got positive results from it, though. I never actually tried the stuff and I'm now more than ever considering buying some of that myself.

Question: How did you confirm that your bb is gone?? Have you actually asked anyone?
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

let's wait a week or two, maybe a month, depends on how much interactions u have with people during a week...and reportus back...So far everyone who claimed to be cured was not so enhusiastic after a month or so....sorry for beiing "cold"...I just don't want u doing same mistake I did (a couple of imes), thought I was cured and then happily blowed in peoples faces, till someone told me a my breath smells like ....I'll leave it to ure imagination....

PS: I tried k12 twice no effect....had a feeling it made it even worse...just a feeling it was abot 3 years ago...so....
04paynem

Post by 04paynem »

nomad wrote:Thanks for sharing with us! That's really good news. It seems that different things work for different people, considering that BLISS or K12 hasn't worked for everyone. I'm really glad you got positive results from it, though. I never actually tried the stuff and I'm now more than ever considering buying some of that myself.

Question: How did you confirm that your bb is gone?? Have you actually asked anyone?
besides checking with licking my wrist every hour or so, people are actually willing to have conversations with me now.
04paynem

Post by 04paynem »

Ice wrote:let's wait a week or two, maybe a month, depends on how much interactions u have with people during a week...and reportus back...
Will do, It's been a week and so far so good. I have tried countless other toothpastes and they work for a day or two and i always think I've found the solution, and then the next day comes and the BB is back full blown. So far, this has been the longest lasting item I have tried.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I thought it cured me for a few days as well. I hyped it up big time backin the day because I thought it was working.

It hurt to realize that it wasn't working in my case.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I wish it was so easy as buying this product, but for many of us, it is not.
04paynem

Post by 04paynem »

One week so far so good for myself, and sweet07 (or something close to that) said shes been good for a month.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Bleh, are you using the aktiv oxygen drops??

My experience 1 year ago is that the K12 (plus the aktiv oxygen) gave me the best breath that i had in probably 12 years, but one month after when i finish the bottle i think everything went to the normal status.....

anyone knows if this could be taken over an over??? Supposedly is one bottle every four months i think....
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

I hope it continues working because I'm gonna buy some this weekend
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic