Your Email Address:

First Name:

nose stink?? pnd, i need some basic info plz

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
juice
Total Newbie

nose stink?? pnd, i need some basic info plz

Post by juice »

untill today i really havent looked up any "cure" as i always just assumed my bb was from my bad orla hygiene and if i ever plucked u pthe courage to get my teeth removed then the problem would go away after a couple of months..

ive been reading about this pnd and dont know much about it..

my bb started in my mouth obviously and when i noticed i started breating through my nose wen i was in company of others..at first the nose breath was cool and i could get away with it sittin bside people but after mayb a year or so it became as bag as the garbage that was spewing out of my mouth,when traveling in cars with friends a couple of times they commented that there was a bleach smell in the car ,and i wouldnt be sayin a word or breathing through the mouth

ive assumed the bb isnt a nasal problem as it didnt originate there,i just assumed the noce breath got bad coz thats the only place the stinking breath was being ventilated out of my body from coz my mouth was being closed alot

so basically this pnd is nasal drip???

this means someone who has snot dripping from their nose regularly or something?id like to know more about this pnd and if anyone knows the causes of it and if i could have it,i do blow my nose alot but like i say my nose was the same before i noticed the bb .since i got the stink coming from the nose i havent noticed any extra drippage or snot

Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

pnd = post nasal drip. This is used to describe the mucous that flows from the back of your nose down your throat. In people that have allergy problems it is common to have pnd most of the day, always flowing. This can lead to a BB problem in some people because the mucous is full of proteins for the BB bacteria to break down and turn into nasty smells.

You mentioned your breath sometimes smells like bleach... just wondering can you remember what you ate? I have gotten ammonia, cleaning-solvent smelling breath from eating cheeze pizza.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

woh, bleach breath?

I think I want that. At least it smells clean!

PND is an allergy thing... Every morning, the first thing I do is hack up a finger nail sized blob of mucus.

I see where it collects now (right where the nasal cavity goes into the mouth, behind the uvula. I've actually swabbed some gooey mucus out of that spot on occasion.

Dairy products increase mucus production, though if you have PND, it's impossible to escape from anyway.. All day long I can sense the mucus starting to gather. Sometimes swallowing hard and drinking something will wash it down, though I also reach all the way into the back of my throat when using the bathroom at work, and clear out any mucusy stuff with a finger and water.
halihope
Master

what is pnd

Post by halihope »

post nasal drip, mom has this but no bb. I notice she is always clearing her throat and or swallows constantly. She says it feels like liquid going down her throat. As for me it feels like I have something stuck in the back of my throat all of the time and it clears a bit when I swallow hard. I try to cough if out but only a bit comes out, This mucous gets thick and sticks and stays there and becomes infected. I notice when I use the nasal spray my nostrils feel very clear and I can really feel the air going in.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Yes, our mucous is too thick and it's infected with some kind of unknown bacteria that causes bb. I'm not sure if you guys know but there's one member on healthboards who got a surgery for CH and his bb disappeared afterwards.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this board has one thing which is post nasal drip and bb of course.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Where did he get the surgery and what was it called?
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Eric wrote:Where did he get the surgery and what was it called?
Hi Eric you should read this thread, it's pretty interesting.

http://badbreathhalitosis.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1288

If you have not tried it yet, you should try to go to an ENT and tell him you feel like you have a chronic sinusistis. Ask him if you can do a CT-scan. If the CT-scan shows there are bacteria, you might get to do the same surgery he did. He did not leave any name of the surgery unfortenately. That thread on healthboards is old, but I see a lot of new members have come on this forum, so I decided to make a topic about it.
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

wow, i didn't know that the bb can be noticed when you exhale from the nose, it would explain why people thought i had BO even though I showered every day and washed my clothes regularly.

Anyone know what is wrong when you feel like there is something stuck, like congestion right behind the nose.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Busted, thank you for that. I am going to set up an appointment tomorrow. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic