Your Email Address:

First Name:

my home my safe haven

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
halihope
Master

my home my safe haven

Post by halihope »

this forum really helps get feelings out of chest. I don't have bb coming out of nose or body odor but it doesn't mean I don't suffer the same stress and fear of people smelling my bb and just keeping my mouth close most of the time. At church I don't participate verbally, when asked to participate in groups I point to my throat and say it is irritated, when greeting people I just smile and motion with my head, when my hubby is with me I talk low so not to attract attention. When I run into old friends I say I am in a hurry and leave as soon as possible, when ordering at a restaurant I speak while looking at the menu with head tilted down and when need to ask a question I do from a distance while pretending to look at something. I have told my family and closets friends about my bb and that is not dental related and that I am trying to find out what ailment is causing it., this has reduced the stress a bit. At home I am me, talkative, joking (love to make my hubby laugh) I sing and dance and totally relaxed. By the way my hubby, and sons don't smell my bb at all and I do talk to them face to face for long periods and I have asked them too and they say no smell.

thanatos
God
Re: my home my safe haven

Post by thanatos »

same
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

thanatos
Perhaps you need to talk to your family and ask them to help you find the cause of your bb. Let them know you are doing everything you can to find a cure and THAT IT IS NOT A DENTAL PROBLEM AND THAT "NO" a mint or gum doesn't help. Are living at home? If so, stop worrying about their reaction, anyways they know!! Do check their reaction whenever you try something new or drink/eat something you suspect makes it worst. I was expecting family today, Thursday, so I went ahead and enjoyed a cup or two of coffee on Monday and Tuesday and was planning to avoid it on Wed and Thursday, well mom, brother, nephew and a girlfriend came to visit on Tuesday and I run to the bathroom to brush my teeth again and sprayed grapefruit oil in my mouth and throat and used the nose irrigation. everyone spent their time in my son's bedroom and mom had a strong reaction towards me so I knew my bb was acting up really bad, worst then usual. I learn that in fact the coffee and citric juices or products need to be avoided. still I wasn't to stressed because I was in my home and they came to visit knowing about my bb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic