Your Email Address:

First Name:

Am i cured?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
GoodLuck!

Am i cured?

Post by GoodLuck! »

Hi!

Today was a really interesting day in my crusade for a cure. Since im new to the forum, let me sum up my background.

I`ve been suffering from chronical bad breath my entire life. I believe it is connected to my allergy and hypersensitive mucus membranes in which causes mucus to drop down to my throat creating a smelly layer on the back of my tongue.

I have certified the fact that i have bad breath in honest moments with my mother as well as my dentist in order to ensure im not haliphobic.

This desease has totally reduced all quality of my life and had me on the edge of s*****e for years. In this depressed state i couldnt really do anything about it and was just looking one day ahead.

About four years ago i found a profession on the internet in which i became quite successfull with. With time i gradually improved my self esteem and i became more social. About three years ago i met a girl while travelling in which i am now married with.

I always wondered why she didnt react to my bad breath. The logical answer i came up with is that i`ve become so good in my small routines designed to hide it - spanding from looking away as i talk to chewing gum in the most ciritical moments - that she could live with it.

My self esteem and resources has been growing to a level where i 2 months ago started a crusade against my BB. I decided to do whatever it takes to combat this dreadful desease. And so i found this forum and other resources and started educating myself.

I started irrigating my nose with saltwater before spraying it with Nasonex. I`m drinking Noni juice 30 minutes before breakfest everyday in order to enhance my immunesystem. I drastically cut down on sugar and fat.

In the same time had booked an appointement with what is belived to be the best ENT doctor in my country after discovering a polyp or cyste in my left maxillarsinus. Three weeks into my new healthy life i visited him.
At first i was dissapointed as he told me my polyp, in which has a dimater of 2.5cm! covering 70% of that sinus cavity, was no bad source for anything and not in any way bad. He belived the reason for my high production of mucus and chronical cold was an obstruction of the nasal passages by what is in Norwegian called "nesemuslinger" (something you have three of which can surgically be done smaller).

I explained him that i had a chronical bad breath as well. He denied this, and he didnt lie. Believe me. He also said he couldnt detect a hint of bad breath the second time i went to him.

Well, i guess i met him on a lucky day i was thinking. Two weeks passed and i was in a concert with my girlfriend. In the concert i became seriously depressed from looking at all the happy people talking together without paranoia. Was thinking about how much i want to be a likeable friendly guy. We went home before the concert finished. Well home i finally took the big step and told here all about my problems with bad breath through history.

Than to my big suprise she told me that i had no bad breath. She didnt lie. I tested her over and over and over again. She didnt lie. I went through the whole thing with here. Stuck my fingers in my throat, let them dry and asked her to smell it. That smelled horrible she said, but my breath smelled nothing. She idmitted i had a morning breath about every second day, but that all her previous boyfriends had as well she said.
Than the most funny thing. Did the test on her as well. The back of her tongue smelled the same, and she rarely has a bad breath. She also has a similar white coating as my tongue.

So, we`ve been together for three years now, and she has NEVER experienced me having bad breath "excpet from once i ate a terrible shawarma".

How can this be explained. After experiences in life im so afraid of my bad breath that i have to be 1.5m away when talking to somebody, including her, if not cheweing gum, having a good moment etc. Now she suddenly tells me im all good.

Believe me. I`ve had my bad breath confirmed before, even from my mother.

Whats up? Could i be cured or could she possible be immun to my smell as a rare case? How do you certify that you are cured?

greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

you know the reactions people give, those around always get used to it. try going to a store with lots of people o.o; and asking workers for this and that. just a way to check for reactions.

the worst news is you still have bb but it's become minor. my bb i think has become less of a problem but now i have a symptom of urinary inconstinence and schitzophrenia >.<
thanatos
God
Re: Am i cured?

Post by thanatos »

GoodLuck! wrote:
I have certified the fact that i have bad breath in honest moments with my mother as well as my dentist in order to ensure im not haliphobic.
What were the conversations?
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i agree with an earlier post. it's amazing how you can think your breath is SO horrible and it's not. i went out with all my friends last night and one persistently kept asking me for gum. i finally gave her some and said to her "you act like you are struggling or something." (meaning her breath was getting bad). the truth was that she had no bad breath but to her she felt like she did.

then i go with her somewhere this morning and when she started talking i senses a faint fecal smell. at first i thought it was me and started to breathe shallow. then i realized as she continued talking that it was her. the rest of the day her breath had that faint smell to it. i had never smelled her breath before.

at this point i think my bb is managed. it may or may not still be there at some varying degree like the smell my friend had for example, but at least i can live my life and interact with people. that makes me happy. i want that for everyone here.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Unless u felt what in the BB gang is known as 'back-draft' 8)
nomad
Total Newbie

Post by nomad »

GoodLuck!

You must be really relieved. It must've taken great courage to confront the issue with your wife. You may still have a bunch of questions in your head, but I'm really happy for you!!

So what we smell on our fingers is not the smell that people perceive when we talk to them. This is really big (at least I think so). It gives us hope, but in a way, it puts us at a loss because what we thought was a good way to detect our bb, is not as effective as we thought.

I have polyp in my nose too. I've been taking medicine for my allergies in hope that the polyp will become smaller and eventually go away. If worse comes to worst, I'm getting it removed. I haven't had the guts to tell my doctor that I'm suffering from bb though... I wish I could ask him if the polyp could be causing the bb.

GoodLuck!, if you're still not sure about your bb, I think you know what you have to do to get more confirmations: Ask more people about it.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I think the smell of the back of the tongue is a good indicator, but that smell will only evaporate and spread if the area is dry. So, smelly tongue/throat in combination with dry mouth etc is when the stench is spreading... ...I think...
GoodLuck!

Post by GoodLuck! »

Hi guys!

thanks for all the replies.

Wow, this has been an encouraging day!

Yesterday i went to a latinamerican party. You know ,these supersocial guys spreading good vibes with their guitars and dances. This is the kind of event i would dodge no matter what but i decided to give it a chanse. I had to drink myself to courage which obviously kept my mouth dry which again forced me to drink all night. Anyway, NO BAD REACTIONS, at all, and i had face to face conversations like 3-4 times.

Today i decided to throw all my routines and act normal with my wife. No bad reactions at all. We continiued to talk about it and she told me she thinks it is a psychosis.

I`ve actually had a normal day with a girl with no sense of fear at all, for the first time in my life (28 years) and it feels so incredibly good!

My stresslevel has gone down tremendously the last 24h and as a result the saliva is running through my mouth and my chronic headache is decreasing.

I`ve been around long enough to not trust any hope, and i know the next comment or reaction is lurking behind every corner. Still there is something new about the hope i`m feeling now. Next step will be the following;

Need to test this on more people. Since i obviously don`t have enough heart to do that on people i know, i will start to approach strangers on the street and ask them for directions i dont really need. Poor testsubjects!! First i will ask my wife if i`m all good, for instance when im going to the grocery store. Than i will approach people on the way. After about 50 encounters i guess i should be able to see a pattern.

Thanatos:

The conversations with my mother was honest. She has had allergy as well, but it left her when she was about 35. I did a nasal polyp removal when i was like five which really decreased my mucus production. It started out with asking her about that surgery and the history surrounding it. I than asked her if my breath had been bad before\after that and if there was any period in life it had been better. She said it was very bad when i was young but that it had improved in later years and that she didnt think i had chronical bad breath anymore (time span from 2/3 years age until about 25 when i had the conversation). She told me that what really helped in my teens was zonetherapy on my feets as well as swimming in salt water.

My dentist also confirmed that i had bad breath.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic