Your Email Address:

First Name:

removing someone with BO

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
sean

removing someone with BO

Post by sean »

I had the most embarassing day Tuesday (5/20/08 ). I work in a library and the rules state that patrons with offensive odors may be asked to leave if it is really bad. Well that day a homeless gentleman came in and his smell filled a significant portion of our 12,000 Sq. Ft. building. I had to say something to him. So here I stand with bad breath telling a guy with BO he had to leave the buidling because of complaints from other patrons. I felt like a total hypocrite. The guy, who was fortunately drunk, asked me if I could smell anything on him. He said he had taken a shower that morning. The thing is, he had unbelievably great breath with just a tinge of alcohol. His BO wasn't really BO, it was his clothes that gave off the odor.

I keep hoping that no one ever teels me to leave an establishment because of my CH. I know that one day it's going to happen though. I'm already an emotional wreck that that would probably send me over the edge. I know my coworkers must have been thinking to themselves 'what a hypocrite, his breath stinks, but he wants to boot that guy out'.

It's been a lousy week everyone. Thank for letting me vent. Hope your day is better.

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

This is interesting. Did someone tell you that you had to say something to him? If nobody told you I would have just ignored it.

When I would give money to a homeless person my husband would say he's probably going to go get liquor with that and you know my response was if that is what will help him make it through the day then so be it. We have no idea how this person ended up in this situation. It could be a million different reasons. I feel so sorry for homeless people they must be in a very deep dark place in their life to end up there.

Is it really ok to tell a hobo he smells? They are people to. I don't know, I always am for the underdog. Just my nature I guess. I would shake their hand with the same humanity I would for the president of the united states.

Susie
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Susie wrote:This is interesting. Did someone tell you that you had to say something to him? If nobody told you I would have just ignored it.

When I would give money to a homeless person my husband would say he's probably going to go get liquor with that and you know my response was if that is what will help him make it through the day then so be it. We have no idea how this person ended up in this situation. It could be a million different reasons. I feel so sorry for homeless people they must be in a very deep dark place in their life to end up there.

Is it really ok to tell a hobo he smells? They are people to. I don't know, I always am for the underdog. Just my nature I guess. I would shake their hand with the same humanity I would for the president of the united states.

Susie

well said
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic