Your Email Address:

First Name:

I just continue to get angrier.....

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
lolalola
Junior

Post by lolalola »

mizz123 wrote:noone in my family has, just me. Neither one of my parents or siblings. How do you think that makes me feel. I think that 2 of my kids have it too. I have passed it to them somehow. I am so sick of this. I feel bad that they are going to have to go thru life like this. They are already aware of it. One kid called my kid a stinkball head. I hate people. My child was so upset because he knew why. Why would god do this to my sweet baby? :cry:
Mizz123 how old are your children, I am worried that my niece who is a preschooler has it. Do your kids have bb all the time? My nieces never turn their heads from me but I can tell that even at their young ages they are aware that I smell. My niece smells fine after she brushes her teeth but I noticed after like 30mins it smells la little farty but remember i talk really close to her so think maybe that is why I am smelling her.

lolalola
Junior

Post by lolalola »

sillygrrl08 wrote:..Now that my dad is older he doesn't have it anymore. .
Sillygrrl08, how do you think your father got cured? I always wonder about that does it just go away one day by itself because for all of us it just seemed to appear out of nowhere. Any info would help, I always wondered if anyone can suffer for so long and then the bb disappears.
sillygrrl08

Post by sillygrrl08 »

lolalola, As far as i know it just sort of disappeared. He never changed his diet, he didn't take any medication, or go through any surgeries..it just went away.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi sillygrrl08,
Would it be possible to discuss this with your dad?
He might have had some dental work done which no one associated with his BB at the time.
Someone on here recently posed the question do people with BB live shorter lives, because there dont seem to be many older people with BB. This could be because long-standing dental problems surface eventually through decay etc and BB cases are inadvertantly dealt with. Im not implying now that all cases of BB are due to dental issues, but most people who are genuinely cured, turn out to be so. My mum also had BB since as far back as i could remember, and i used to think there was some hereditary connection to mine. But since she had all her teeth removed a few years ago her BB has completely disappeared. This is despite the fact she'd also always suffered with nasal problems and PND, and still continues to do so.
mizz123
Junior

Older people w/ BB

Post by mizz123 »

I went to an outside fair and this woman was probably like 75 or so. I was standing about 10 ft away from her. Her breath was so bad people all around were gagging. It was so awful and she knew it, the poor thing. All I kept thinking was that is going to be me someday. : ( If it isn't already.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

mizz123,
How can you assume that from 10ft away in the outdoors, surrounded by other people, that odour which you assume to be coming from a certain individual, is even her breath?

This statement only goes to highlight how powerful the psychological aspects are to this problem to conclude that this person had BB.
And so what if someone who is elderly has BB, there's bound to be cases. You fail to see the point i tried to make.

Unless someone is PURPOSELY trying to bring a person down by gagging near them or making it painfully obvious, then a person with BB does not get this kind of reaction that would make you conclude from 10ft away in the outdoors that she has BB.

If, as you concluded, this woman "knew it" - how so? was she crying? was her mouth sealed with tape? if she knew she had BB, she would be trying to conceal it, in which case its not going to have people gagging around her, let alone from 10ft.
sillygrrl08

Post by sillygrrl08 »

halitosisux

My dad still has all of his teeth. He didn't do anything differently, tho he did get the deep cleaning procedure done but I've had that done, along with my wisdom teeth pulled and nothing about my bb has changed.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

lolalola wrote:
PS I had mentioned before that my hubby and I have never french kissed, we have been married 10 years
how sad :(
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi sillygrrl08,
Thanks for responding to that question.
In order to necessitate deep-cleaning there were likely to be problems which could have caused his BB at the time, not to mention whatever bad practices which could have led to them in the first place.
I believe that every individual case of BB is unique to that person, unless there are hereditary reasons behind it, like TMAU for instance or inherent traits passed on which can lead to problems, such as those of the nasal passages and other anatomical disformations.
Chronic BB is relatively quite common, and i used to believe that i had a hereditary condition passed on by my mother, but my own experiences have now convinced me otherwise.
In other words, its possible that the reasons for your BB have nothing to do with those of your dad's. Bacterial odour is bacterial odour, and its easy to generalise when it comes to BB.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Isnt this horrible. All my life I have a cousin who is older than me. She loves to have fun. I couldnt wait to turn 18 then 21 so that we could spend all our fun times together. Well I vowed to never be around her again, because 1 time I had the nervr to visit her, when I went in the bathroom, her husband really loudly said " sickening" I knew what he ment. My cousin and I never got to have all those good times that I dreamed of. I actually had the nerve to go to Christmas dinner most of my family was downstairs, when I came everyone wnt up except my mom. I think I wont even go next year.My mom always says I m crazy and dont have bad breath, she puts up with me a whole lot, but shes always sneezing, she says "ooh dust" no mom its not dust its my f***g mouth, would you just admit it so you can cast me out like the rest of the family. I love her.
This last Thanksgiving my breath was really relly bad. I told my mother I dont need to know what dish to bring, I am not coming. Thank God we have 1 good person in my family, My aunt Sara.. An hour before dinner started she was banging on my door saying I cannot stay home. I didnt even have a good reason. Thank you aunt Sara. even though I as embarassed Im thankful, that family means so much to you, you had me come knowing you would all suffer. Mom would you just admit it dammit
Brit444
Total Newbie

Post by Brit444 »

Hey everyone I'm kinda new to this forum. I definitely understand the bb thing. I've always had it since I was a little girl and always was teased for it. I've experienced just about everything when it came to how others would respond to it. I' am now 23 years old and I've undergone so many dental treatments since 18. I've had deep gum cleaning, crowns, root canals, wisdom teeth pulled, literally everything that I could possibly have done and still nothing has changed. I've tried eating no meat and no fastfoods, but it didn't help. I avoid candy and gum because it becomes worse. I brush my tongue and brush my teeth constantly but it doesnt help. I do have acid reflux disease and I'm slightly inclined to believe that it may be the source of the bb, but then again avoiding acidic and greasy foods does nothing for the bb. Maybe its postnasal drip who's to say. My dentist told me that I've done everything that I was supposed to do maintain good oral hygiene and really had no explanation for it except for it possibly being post nasal drip. My mouth can be closed and I can still smell the stink. It depends on how I breathe through my nose.
Anyways I'm getting to the point where I really don't give a d#mn about what others think, because it is not something that I can help. My mother had bb for most of her life and it doesn't stop her from doing what she wants to do in life. So I will not let it stop me.
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

i can really understand your thoughts and feelings. and it makes me really depressed, when i read this section. so i usually stay away from here and focus on the cure-things :)

i won't let bb make my life worthless. but i really cannot do all the things i like to. i'd like to spend my time with others, don't offending them by smelling bad. so i cut back my social activities a lot.

i even avoid meeting my family-members. that's not because i hate them. it's because i don't have my personal space when i'm there. they all tend to sit so tight beneath each other on the dinner-table, couches, etc. that's the thing i hate.

i cannot train being comfortable in such situations... (like "***k you, just smell it, i don't care"?!?!?!)

but fortunately i have my husband (who has a real bad sense of smell, because of his allergies his nose is closed most of the time and he only smells me, when he takes meds... :lol: ironic, isn't it? ). if he wasn't here i would have killed myself a long time ago.

hm. i think, i'll stay away from this section again... :-k
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

my heart goes out to all you dear ones. This malady is like being between a rock and a hard place. it's heartbreaking and then some.

For me, i can relate to the anger with others that are carefree and never worry about bb, no matter what they eat. They sit there next to each other, eat anything they want, go back to work, and nothing. Ugh!

And we bend ourselves into pretzels to try to avoid "offending" them.

Makes me sick.

I'm in recovery from the anger. i'm trying to focus on God's plan in all of this. It's soooo perplexing.

trouble, i wish i could find entire communities who had an impaired sense of smell, and get a job there, and live there.

I just want to hug y'all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic