Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tetanus / diphtheria PLEASE READ

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
austuser
Sheriff

Tetanus / diphtheria PLEASE READ

Post by austuser »

I got my dp (tetanus / diphtheria) shot five days ago and have been halitosis free ever since. It instantly gave me a sore throat but the next day i noticed a clean taste in my mouth and monitored it for the next couple of days and am shocked to discover i have no more bad breath. I tested it by eating everything and not cleaning my tongue last night.

My energy levels are way up and i have no more lump in my throat. This shot definately killed something. Unless it is like antibiotics which temporarily kill all bacteria but then when u stop taking them it all grows back. I dont think this is the case however because when i do take antibiotics, all of my body odour dissapears, including underarms, genitals, feet etc. But this time round, its just my throat and mouth that seem to be odour free. I read that diphtheria can present with halitosis and a thick coating of the tongue.

I havent had my tetanus/diphtheria immunization since childhood ( you need a booster every ten years). I am flying to indonesia this sunday (hence the reason for the shot) so i will continue to monitor the state of my mouth and try and bring back some good news for you guys then.

take care.

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

that's truly amazing! Please keep us updated as often as possible.

Diphtheria:
"Symptoms include a sore throat, cough, the formation of a membrane in the throat, a foul mouth odor, fever, and difficulty swallowing."

It's a pretty long shot but who knows.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Tetanus DP, you mean a tetanus vaccine right??

Sadly in my case i took it a lot of times, but it never did nothing for my breath

good luck thought
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Please take austusers commens with reserve, he often report he cures his bb and probably he has a very mild bb not chronic.

So dont run to your doc to take a shot, vaccines might do you more bad than good.,

Austuser you are just confusing people man, you claimed many times motuhwashes helped you 100 % so why the ***k you claim you still have bb.

I think going on another board with mild halitosis or no halitosis at all will help you more than our board.

THat is just my opinion. Hopefully you will not claim next time that drinking Therabreath like juice will cure bb 4ever
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

yes better listen to jimi, tetanus vaccination is evil.

I've never tried therabreath in my life. Only breezecare and yes, reported that it helped but that it was way overpriced and it didnt help at all if the diet wasnt drastically changed. I reported that smartmouth helped me a great deal for a while but lost its effectiveness.

But now i guess im spamming for a FREE vaccination. Lol.

keep your bad breath i dont give a shit. I'll report back in a couple of weeks if my profile hasnt been deleted again and hopefully for the people who havent tried it yet and are intelligent enough to realise that tetanus / diphtheria vaccination has saved millions of lives around the world, I'll have some not so depressing news.

Otherwise nice knowing yas.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

come on nobody is like you, you get relief from mouthwash, embrace that, spending 50 bucks per month is nothing comparing to have fresh breath.

People here dont get relief from mouthwashes so your advice will not help them, because you either imagining bad breath, eat too much onion or have a really mild bb.

Yes read about vaccines and effect they have on children specially autism smartass. YOu dont want some baby to have autism because mother took a shot because of you right, or you probably don't ****ing care.

Jeez on one hand Larc says take psych meds, and this guy take vaccines, what is next, remove tongue??
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Austuser, whatever your feelings for Jimi, please report back. If in 2 weeks your breath is still fresh, i will go get vacinated.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

Archimonde, if i am successful after my trip in keeping fresh breath without ANY special treatment (mouthwashes, tounge cleaners, diets etc) and only by using regular toothpaste and a toothbrush twice a day, i would reccomend it.

The thing you need to remember if you rush ahead and get the vaccine, which is not going to give you autism, is that the booster is given if you have already been vaccinated as a child. It is a three step process i believe, with a booster every 10 years after that, and to the best of my recolection i actually missed one when i was around 6 or 7. I really now think that this may be the triggering factor for my halitosis, as it started at around age 17 which is 10 years later (vaccine apparently lasts 10 years).

So if you have never recieved the vaccination as a child it might be a different process, but thats something you will need to discuss with your GP or research yourself. Im still a little uneducated about the whole process and immunisation in general and dont have time right now to do it, but the fact remains its been a week since my shot and my breath/taste is great, without help from any speacial treatment. HOPING IT LASTS!!!
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

well im back from my holiday and my situation has remained good. So i would encourage those who have not yet done so in the last 10 years to get a tetanus/diptheria shot. All i know is that it worked for me.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Archimonde wrote:that's truly amazing! Please keep us updated as often as possible.

Diphtheria:
"Symptoms include a sore throat, cough, the formation of a membrane in the throat, a foul mouth odor, fever, and difficulty swallowing."

It's a pretty long shot but who knows.
This bacterial infection is very dangerous and can cause you death. So if you are in fected, you would probably be in a hospital now.

Plus it is infectious so you have to be isolated from the rest of the people :roll:

I think pretty much everyone got those vaccine shots when they were young. I already got my booster a few years ago when I travelled to thailand.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

hey guys, its been a long time since ive posted, but thought i really needed to let you guys know that i am still 100% bad breath free due to the reasons discussed above. Apart from the occasioanl alcohol binge every now and then or when i have 5 coffees in the morning and havent cleaned my mouth for two days, there is nothing to worry about for me.

I must say, I'm amazed no one has tried or taked the advice i gave sersiously. I'm no doctor, but all i know is that it worked for me, and thats why i feel i gotta give one last push for this immunization thing. If it helps one person then its worth it.

maybe i'll drop by next year some time. Take care
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

The way it could make sense is that when you take a vaccine, the immune system starts working overtime for a while. And since we seem to have deficient immune responses this could help.

It was similar to when I tested a psychiatric drug (Effexor ... see another thread). This affected the norepinephrine system and probably gave the immune system a boost, and this gave results for a while (waking up with much less bad taste etc).

Same thing there though, not one single person tried it. I agree with Austuser - this amazes me :-({|=
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

so, who's gonna be the guinea pig this time?

i vote Larc.
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

Just FYI...
Definition of Booster shot
Booster shot: An additional dose of a vaccine needed periodically to "boost" the immune system. For example, a booster shot of the tetanus and diphtheria (Td) vaccine is recommended for adults every 10 years.
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art ... ekey=20418
sean1979

Post by sean1979 »

This sounds like a very optimistic shot. I recently found out I had low immunoglobulins. Would make sense if you are immunodeficient.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic