Your Email Address:

First Name:

Stomach acid -- seems to be the cure for some!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
chomp

Stomach acid -- seems to be the cure for some!

Post by chomp »

Hey people, without going into much detail I want to say that I have found the cure for my problem. Adequate amount of Stomach acid = proper digestion! This I was lacking thanks to the zillions of doctors who kept putting me on acid blockers for most part of my life. Stop taking antacids, baking soda and all that crap if you are 100% sure that you do not have acid reflux. It's weird that with low stomach acid people will experience the same kind of problems that the people with excess acid do. I finally put the pieces of the puzzle together when recently I was put on nexium and in addition I started swallowing baking soda. Even people who could tolerate my stinky breath before were beginning to cover up their nose even when they were 7 or 8 feet away from me while I was talking. I began getting heart burn too. I would even gargle my mouth with bs since the last 2 years (bad idea). Digestion starts in the mouth. bs neutralizes whatever there is in the saliva. Other chemicals that are put in the mouth, they destroy all the tissues and salivary glands and you are no longer able to digest food properly. Food sits around making it available for the bacteria. Forget about using all kinds of crap products to kill bacteria because that is not the solution unless it is gum disease that you have. You cannot kill off all bacteria 100%, never!!

I started researching online and found a lot of interesting articles. here are links to a few - http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.asp?Id=1863&xcntr=1
http://www.drdebe.com/stomachacidtest.html

do the stomach acid assessment before you take hcl supplements or do anything else to increase the stomach acid. I did the test and nothing happened. So, I have started taking hcl supplements to increase my stomach acid. I started couple of days back and my digestion has improved a lot. The same people who would cover up their face while I was talking to are not doing it any more. For the bb to clear up completely it will take a little time because all the toxins and bacteria that have built up will not go away immediately. But you won't be stinking to high heavens after eating protein for sure.

I am pretty sure people who have had success by chewing vit C is because their acid levels were brought back to normal levels. Even chewing on fresh ginger with a little salt and few drops of lemon juice is supposed to aid digestion and help with increasing stomach acid.

But people with ulcers please do not even think of trying this.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

there were many people tryng this in the past, I ve read posts on other forums. But I will definately try this stuff.

It is natural thing so it can nnto hurt us.

I already ordered tablets.

thanks for the info
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Chomp,

How many mgs of HCL are you taking? Are you taking it before meals? Have you stopped using all antibacterial mouthwashes and toothpastes? What do you now use for cleaning your teeth and tongue? :?:
VICKSTER
Advanced

HCL

Post by VICKSTER »

Snobuni,
I take 650mg of HCL , before meals. I take 3. It is not a cure , but seems to be a whole lot better. I use Arm& Hammer baking soda and peroxide toothpaste. I then rinse with peroxide and water. Scrap the tongue alotand chew the new gum with MTB in it. Not perfect but better. VICKSTER
chomp

Post by chomp »

Before you all start taking hcl please read this article - http://www.diagnose-me.com/treat/T156353.html
it tells you how to take the hcl. I started with 1000mg on the first day and I did not feel anything. So, the next day I started following the instructions from the above article. Yesterday I took 1000 at breakfast, 2000 at lunch and 3000mg with dinner and I am still not getting any heartburn. Today I will increase it by another 1000mg. I am taking a plant based one because I have temporarily stopped meat eating. For those of you who are going to eat meat it's best to use animal based hcl because it contains a enzyme to digest the protein.

You can increase stomach acid naturally too by taking lemon juice if you don't want to do hcl. But for worse cases like mine I think the hcl will be more potent.

Stop using baking soda to gargle your mouth and don't use it for brushing your teeth either. Even some of the normal people who use baking soda to clean the mouth end up with shit smelling breath. I have done my research. I use a toothpaste that I got from a oragnic food store. It does not have any bs in it. It is all natural. I don't use any mouthwash. I just brush my tongue. It's amazing that all the build up I would have in my mouth has gone to just being a very fine layer. When I brush that off I can see a nice pink tongue which used to be impossible before.

Chew some fresh ginger (just a thin slice, about 1 inch wide sprinkled with lemon juice and some salt) it is hard to eat this thing but it will help with the saliva. Do this right before you eat your meal. For those of you who can tolerate the taste try and experiment by chewing it whenever you feel like and let's check to see what it does. It is supposed to help with digestion and help with the saliva too. It's not going to cause any side effects.

Once the acid level comes back to normal try some liver detox. I plan on doing this by using turmeric. Google turmeric and liver detox. Turmeric is very cheap and it is all natural. The color of my blood is very dark, almost black. It's full of toxins. yuck!
chomp

Post by chomp »

Sno, I take the hcl as soon as I sit at the table to start the meal. Do not take it long before you start eating because the acid with no food will be bad for your stomach lining.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Nice work Chomp :)
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I think I could have this problem too. I'm going to try the hcl and see what happens.

Thanks for the information.
chomp wrote:But people with ulcers please do not even think of trying this.
Btw which part are you referring to?
chomp

Post by chomp »

Busted, I was talking about stomach ulcers. If you have stomach ulcers it will be bad idea to increase the stomach acid.
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Chomp - thanks so much for posting this info - I'm waiting for confirmation from my Aunt who I'll see this afternoon but my sense is this is helping a great deal.

I started this on Saturday, first with doing the stomach acid test. And after drinking the water/baking soda mix, there was nothing for about a good 10 minutes. No belch, no stomach rumble, nothing.

(When someone posted this long ago, I remember taking one capsule and my having this bad burning sensation so I was very hesitant to try this again. But if I remember correctly, I did not have any food with that, only water.)

Also I'm also taking Vit C 1000-2000 mg per day (effervescent), Vit D, and magnesium chloride.

Will post an update...

Also Chomp, what was your odor like? Fecal, smelly feet, sewage or what?
Last edited by Bloorain on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
chomp

Post by chomp »

Bloo, I hope this is the cure for your bb problem too. Don't expect to be bb free immediately because when food has not been digesting for years or months the body will be full of toxins and bacteria that has to be cleaned up first. First try and get the acid level to normal and then probably de-tox your body. I am still not getting a burning sensation. I am planning on getting the hcl that is not plant based (this is suggested in one of the articles I read online) and hopefully that will help get my acid level up.

My tongue is now a nice pink color which I had not seen in many , many years. There is just a very fine coating which is only on some parts of the tongue now. How does your tongue look now?
dragonbreath

Post by dragonbreath »

So I just went to see an ENT today. A resident ENT was assigned to me. just Great #-o
I went to check out my PND, and constantly clearing throat / hoarse voice, and choking on little things like water and bits of food. Told him my tonsils are huge.

All he did was prescribed:
- nasal spray (Fluticasone). I hope this helps with PND (which I think is the major source of my BB.
- Antibiotics. not sure what for.
- and ACID blockers. He thinks my hoarse voice is due to acid reflux, which I told him I have not experienced any heartburns when asked. If anything, I sometime experience constipation and indegestion. I asked if that would affect it. He says the med he prescribed is really gentle. I really dont know about taking ACID blockers. What do you guys think? I'm more inclined to take HCL as mentioned in this thread because of the constipation and indegestion.
Hal_1t0515

Post by Hal_1t0515 »

I'm going to try Betaine HCL to see if it helps. My symptoms seem to originate in the lower throat. Some bad smelling mucus collects there that I can't swallow or cough up easily. I thought it was PND at first, but I've tried nasal irrigation with no noticeable improvement. I also have a dry cracked skin condition on my fingers which started the same year the bb started. Both symptoms can be a sign of poor digestion so it's worth a try.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Just wondering, how can you tell that your breath got better? Do you get less obvious reactions when you speak or is it soemthin else different you noticed?
gulfro
Total Newbie

Post by gulfro »

Hi chomp !

Can you please write the commercial names of the tablets/capsules you are taking?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic