Your Email Address:

First Name:

Gum Pockets

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Snobuni
Sheriff

Gum Pockets

Post by Snobuni »

Hi,

Could anybody tell me what exactly a gum pocket is, what it looks like and how its treated?

I know it's a space between gums and teeth that can trap food and bacteria, but is it obvious when you have them?

I've asked my dentist if I have them and she said no, but I can get my floss way up into the gum for some teeth (not forced at all), almost up to the top or bottom of the tooth. The floss doesn't seem to smell when I do this and my gums aren't swollen and don't bleed.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

no these are not pockets i have the same condition as you, pockets are kind if gums receeding they have a dark line and you can see the base of the tooth below
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

JIMI
I have receding rums because they look exactly how you described them except no dark line and I can floss without any problem, no blood ect. don't hurt either. Do you think I should bring this up with dentist and what should he do?

By the way the cancer came to me after my kidney transplant about 2 years ago, I have not really suffer much since I did not need chemotherapy just taking Gleevec a miracle medicine for this type of leukemia and did not lose much hair. I am in my mid forties and don't look as sick as I am and don't like to think about it. God keeps me going, happy, and laughing!! The truth is the bb is the worst thing for me.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Thanks for the reply Jimi. Does this mean that these areas probably aren't a source of bb then? :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic