Your Email Address:

First Name:

kidney/toxins

Tell us your story with bad breath
halihope
Master

kidney/toxins

Post by halihope »

Well some people complain of bb due to toxins. Have you had your kidneys function checked? Just the other day I noticed I got someone else lab report and this person has a creatinine of 1.00 which means her kidneys are fine but her bun is 28 and mine is 29 which means her kidneys are not extracting all the toxins out. You all should have your kidneys checked and see if toxins are being cleaned out!

angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

my late mom had "mild" BB (mild coz you can only smell it when youre up close as compared to mine that can fill an entire room) and i was 12 then and you know how very brutally honest and frank kids are right? i was "normal" back then, BB free (God how i badly miss those days!) and when she asks me to pull out her white hairs we are both lying down and talking to each other then i would smell it and i would say, "Mom, you have bad breath" and she'll say, "really? i cant smell anything" and i would say, "yes mom, you have. its better that you were made aware of it through me than by other people right?" and she would then agree. now 3 yrs later my mom died of kidney problems, and i read that the cause of BB can sometimes be indicative of kidney disease. but from my experience, the smell isnt really that strong, otherwise i have a sensitive nose so i would be irritated if it smelled bad. its pretty tolerable, and can only be smelled if youre really close, like 2-4 inches away from your face. i forgot what BB caused by kidney disease smelled like but believe me, its not much trouble at all, my mom had a very active social life and i RARELY smelled it. my dad was aware of my mom's BB too, but it really is not much of a problem. she just brushes and flosses her teeth and its gone. although my dad can smell it more often than me i think coz i talk to my mom all the time while cuddling in bed and i dont smell anything. so i think kidney breath is really manageable.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

Hi angst-ridden, I am sorry to hear your mother died of kidney problems. About her bb being mild I am not surprise, for some reason some kidneys problem patients do not have bb, others have mild bb and yet others have very cronic bb. When I begun losing my first transplanted kidney people begun making me aware of my bb and it was mild but as I begun dialysis my bb became cronic and even though I received a transplant back in 05 my bb is still cronic.
What I am saying is that even if you have normal kidney function you can still have toxins left in body and a check up can help you see if your kidneys are extracting all these toxins out or not and if not then doctor can advice as to what to do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic