First Name:

Greeting and questions from new member

Tell us your story with bad breath
Hank
Junior

Post by Hank »

Hello All,

As a fellow bb sufferer, I can identify with much of what people are saying in their posts. I hope to share more about my experiences with this problem but first I have just a couple of items that I haven't seen discussed. First, as far as I can tell, my problem began about 2 years after moving to Florida from the midwest after college. This leads me to believe the problem has something to do with allergies/geographic location (because of the delay of the onset). Then about 2 years later, I moved from Florida to Texas, and like a miracle, the problem completely disappeared for about 1.5 years. And then, like a curse, it came back with a vengence. I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience. Regardless, it sounds like bb sufferers are everywhere so location likely isn't a factor. But it's always been strange to me how the problem disappeared and then came back with a change in location. Second, I've read in many places that alcohol can worsen the problem because it causes dehydration. Is there anyone here that drinks zero alcohol and still suffers bb? I just need to know if I need to quit beer, as an avid beer drinker. I hope that will not be the case. :) Thanks in advance for any posts on these subjects.[/code]

Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

You could potentially be offering us some very valuable information.
Can you please be more specific about how long it took for your BB to resolve after moving (in terms of days/weeks/ or months) and if there was any onset of allergies that brought on your BB after the 1.5 year period?
Also how were the locations geographically different? (like open fields and types of plants)
I personally believe this is somehow linked to allergies. Many people on this forum are highly allergic and have constant PND (post nasal drip).
And yes, alcohol always magnifies BB. Something about the way it dries out the mouth/throat...
Daniel
Total Newbie

Post by Daniel »

I don't drink and I have bb. I knew of some others that didn't drink and had bb also.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I don`t drink & smoke but have terrible breath. I know people who drank themselves to death & yet their breath doesn`t smell rotten. What kind of a world do we live in?
Hank
Junior

Post by Hank »

Thanks to others who replied to my questions.

Eric,

It look approximately 3 years for my first onset of bb once I moved to Florida from the midwest. Then when I moved to Texas, the bb was gone almost instantaneously (within a week I'd say), which was a shock. Then as I said, about 1.5 years later, the bb came back. The climates are similar (Tropical, humid). Both urban environments (San Antonio, TX and Tampa, FL). Otherwise, I don't recall any allergic reactions with the re-onset. It just "came back". I do have bad PND, lump in the throat, constant swallowing/clearing of throat. But I dont' remember those symptoms being there with the re-onset. Maybe things are getting worse. Anyway, this dynamic reminds me of a friend of mine who had terrible asthsma in the midwest. Then he moved to Arizona, and poof, the asthsma was gone (once again, almost instantly), then came back a couple years later. Not sure what to make of this.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Hank,

Thanks for the extra info. I find it to be very intriguing. Maybe the climate change messed with your homeostasis enough to throw the BB bacteria off for a while until they could adapt to it.

How did you know that you know longer had bad breath?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic