Your Email Address:

First Name:

What more can I do...lol omg

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
daveparker
Advanced

What more can I do...lol omg

Post by daveparker »

I just brushed for one hour straight with several different toothpastes included a peroxide/baking soda/salt mixture, flossed twice, did sinus rinse twice, salt/baking soda/peroxide rinse, waterpiked my tonsils, still got the bad taste in my mouth which still means i got dragon breath....life's great isn't it.](*,)

Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

There's something physically wrong with our oral flora/ metabolic processes. We will not be helped until this condition is recognized as the disease that it is. If this just had a name and a little public exposure, like maybe being featured in Time magazine, we would be on the right track. If I ever do the unthinkable I'm going to make damns sure that my friends, family, professional medical community, and local newspapers know why.
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

u kno what they are going to think? they r going to think u had a mental condition, doesnt matter if they think u hav bb or not or knew how much it affected you, i mean honestly if you would of heard of someone doing the unthinkable because of bb back when u were bb free, u would think the same thing...i kno i wud. People assume it is a simple problem, which can be solved by a trip to the dentist. Even dentists and doctors think the same.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Not much lol, all you can do is have bb.
Cured
Junior

Re: What more can I do...lol omg

Post by Cured »

daveparker wrote:waterpiked my tonsils
This isn't going to do anything for you...especially not if your tonsils have deep crypts like mine did.

Not to be mean or beat up on you when you're already down, Dave, but I do have to say I am amazed at the number of people who (it's far from just you, Dave, so don't take it personally) come on this forum complaining of chronic halitosis and asking what else they can possibly do to cure it but who still have their tonsils/adenoids in.

I feel so strongly about this that I believe people shouldn't be allowed to register on this forum who still have them in. Until people have their tonsils out they don't have an incurable bad breath problem in my book, and so shouldn't complain that they are doing everything they can be doing. I just shake my head sometimes at some of these posts complaining about how miserable life is and think "where do people get off...?" considering tonsillectomy is such a common and well-known cure.

dave: come back and complain after you've had your tonsils out. At the very least you should have them looked at by an ENT for Christ's sake...
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Cured,

I still have my tonsils but not by choice. I have no job and cannot afford private surgery so I have to depend on public hostpital. I went to my ENT to have a follow up exam for my tonsils but they cancelled my appointment.

I felt like I was getting closer to a cure especially since my ENT confirmed/said that my halitosis was because of my tonsil crypts. He said he could do the surgery.

I really want the surgery so badly, I wish I had money. I cant even get a job because of the smell coming from my tonsils in interviews. I always get turned down. I know its because of my halitosis even though I am more qualified.

I have a new appointment to see my ENT next week but I have lost all hope. If they cancel the appointment again or say they will not do the surgery then I dont think I will be able to hold on anymore.

I really am hoping my ENT appointment goes OK and my doctor will OK the surgery.

D

I know that I asked you this a thousand timesbut please reassure me. but do friends comment on any changes in your breath since the tonsillectomy. Any reactions in public?
daveparker
Advanced

Re: What more can I do...lol omg

Post by daveparker »

Cured wrote:
daveparker wrote:waterpiked my tonsils
This isn't going to do anything for you...especially not if your tonsils have deep crypts like mine did.

Not to be mean or beat up on you when you're already down, Dave, but I do have to say I am amazed at the number of people who (it's far from just you, Dave, so don't take it personally) come on this forum complaining of chronic halitosis and asking what else they can possibly do to cure it but who still have their tonsils/adenoids in.

I feel so strongly about this that I believe people shouldn't be allowed to register on this forum who still have them in. Until people have their tonsils out they don't have an incurable bad breath problem in my book, and so shouldn't complain that they are doing everything they can be doing. I just shake my head sometimes at some of these posts complaining about how miserable life is and think "where do people get off...?" considering tonsillectomy is such a common and well-known cure.

dave: come back and complain after you've had your tonsils out. At the very least you should have them looked at by an ENT for Christ's sake...
i need some money first, not easy to get surgeries when u have no insurance to cover it, and have to pay bills as well. I have to wait a few months to save sum money. how much does it cost? A couple thousand im guessing?
Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

Just to say that having your tonsils out might not be the answer. I'm just worried that people are going to make a big pay out and still have bb but less money in the bank.

Of course, it has helped some people but for others it hasn't - I had mine taken out 15 years ago and there is no difference at all.
Cured
Junior

Post by Cured »

DRASTIC wrote:I know that I asked you this a thousand timesbut please reassure me. but do friends comment on any changes in your breath since the tonsillectomy. Any reactions in public?
My tonsillectomy made no noticeable change in my breath odor, unfortunately. It kind of had a placebo effect on me for about three or so months, but then I slowly realized it hadn't made a dent. My wisdom teeth extraction made a huge difference, though.
Cured
Junior

Post by Cured »

Charley wrote:Just to say that having your tonsils out might not be the answer. I'm just worried that people are going to make a big pay out and still have bb but less money in the bank.
Agreed, especially as that was not the answer for me. But if life is really as bad as these people make it sound, it will be worth going the extra mile IMHO to rule tonsils out as the cause given that they are so frequently to blame.

I can understand money/insurance issues, but without being able to rule the tonsils out as the cause I don't know how healthy it is to beat one's head against a wall.
I had mine taken out 15 years ago and there is no difference at all.
They didn't make a dent for me either, but as I said I could have never continued in the misery that my life became wondering the whole time if they were what was going to drive me off a cliff at a moment's notice. I mean, could you imagine not at least giving it a shot in that kind of situation? I certainly can't.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic