Your Email Address:

First Name:

How many people here make other people cough?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Archimonde
Super Angel

How many people here make other people cough?

Post by Archimonde »

I'm really puzzled about this reaction because bad odors don't make people cough. If something smells *really* bad for whatever reason, people cover their mouth, pinch their nose or even gag in the worst case scenario but they don't cough!

"cough is usually a reflex triggered when an irritant stimulates one or more of the cough receptors found at different points in the respiratory system"

"a cough is a sudden and often repetitively occurring defence reflex which helps to clear the large breathing passages from excess secretions, irritants, foreign particles and microbes."

I couldn't find anything on google that mentions bad odors can cause coughing. So why do some of us make others cough? I'd say about 1 in 20 people cough in my presense, it breaks my heart when i make a baby cough :( :( :(

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

There is one girl I know who coughs when she speaks to me. I think it has to do with certain people's immune systems. They are sensitive and our breath (or maybe just the germs/bacteria) is an irritant.
rmb

Post by rmb »

hope my english is good enough to understand me.
its better for us to write a letter,a common letter to inform our problems.not just to CNN,BBC,Medical Associations but to many people as many as we could.ask our friends,relatives as well to send the right groups concerning our problems.through this we could get the attention that we want.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

HI,

I personally think that people cough because they want to make it obvious to other people that someone here stinks.

My personal view. It has nothing to do with other people being allergic. Just other people being rude and wanting to show us up.

Its like this. I went to a shop and there was a man who had an odour. Did I cough. NO. But there was a youth in the queue who as soon as he got there he started coughing, coughing, coughing. YOU COULD TELL IT WAS FAKE. THE CASHIER SERVING THE MAN DID NOT COUGH AND SHE HAD DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE MAN.

SOME PEOPLE ARE GOOD ACTORS>

SOME PEOPLE ARE RUDE>

SOME PEOPLE SMELL US AND RUB THEIR NOSE>

SOME SMELL US AND WANT TO SHOW US UP AND MAKE IT OBVIOUS THEN THEY COUGH NON_STOP.

DONT BE FOOLED BY ALLERGIES.

DRASTIC
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

The gas that comes out from my nose & mouth makes some people with weaker immune system cough & sometimes sneeze.My mom always cough when I`m around but she swears that she had never smelled my breath.This had caused a lot of arguments between us so I think she`s telling the truth.I`ve explained to her how important it is to monitor my breath since I never stop on experimenting on my bb.Could be a bacterial mutation since the pollution had tremendously increased during our time or scientists accidentally released a bacteria that can cause different diseases.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

jc wrote:My mom always cough when I`m around but she swears that she had never smelled my breath
Hi JC, thanks for replying. I also have had people cough but didn't seem offended by my breath, but the opposite too (no coughing but other reactions). That and what you said confirm that the coughing isn't a result of the offensive odor but rather something else, probably a bacteria in our breath that is an allergen/irritant for certain people.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hi Archimonde. Unfortunately, I also had some nasty comments from people that coughed from my breath so it`s really puzzling. Sometimes I`m really tempted to ask those people who coughs & sneezed but don`t seem to smell anything but we all know that isn`t easy.Maybe you have something in your immune system that makes it odorless?
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

DRASTIC wrote:
SOME PEOPLE ARE GOOD ACTORS>

DONT BE FOOLED BY ALLERGIES.

DRASTIC
The girl I refer to... she coughs after she leaves my office, in the hallway where I can barely hear her. Or if I have to walk to her office to bring her something, she'll cough after I leave. So, I can sort of tell that it's not a deliberate reaction.

I presume she has allergies, because she's always sniffling. Not around me, but in general she's one of those runny nose type people.
zackmack
Total Newbie

Post by zackmack »

Guys I am sufferings from same problem as well as body body odor.people around me cough because of my bad breath even people start coughing 2 Meyer of gap I know people are not wrong something is wrong with me.my sugar level is OK, kidney is fine,what about you guys are you recover from this problem? Please help me and post something which help you to fix this problem because doctors are not helpful in this case.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

First of all visit your dentist to see your teeth and gums.Bacteria between teeth and gum produce very bad smell,then visit ENT -if you have problems with nose,throat,tonsils and if all is ok,then visit gastroenterologist-to see if there's problem with stomach,gut or liver.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

It's important to see if there's patogenic bacteria in your body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic