Your Email Address:

First Name:

found my cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sweets07
Advanced

found my cure

Post by sweets07 »

hey everyone.

i know it's been awhile since i've posted. i found my cure by accident over the past few months. back in late june i started taking birth control pills because i have severe cramps each month with my period, and the doctors have no medicine or answers for me. i decided on birth control which meant that i would not have to have a period anyone more, as i would be on the hormone continuously.

anyway, i was taking the birth control pills (and i forget why) but i stopped taking the pill for about a week (i must of ran out or something). either way, i notice that my halitosis COMPLETELY disappeared. i had not symptoms (taste, smell, reactions). brushing my teeth was an afterthought. that lasted about two weeks, but then it came back just as bad as before. i panicked and started taking the pills again and my breath was back to manageable (not halitosis but i still had to work hard to stay fresh).

recently, i had a short break from the pills and the same thing occured where my halitosis dissappeared completely. after that i went to the doctor and started a new type of birth control pill. amazingly i have no breath problems. it's been about three weeks. i just don't have any problems anymore and i'm thankful.

to me this says i've had a hormonal imbalance that has disrupted the type of bacteria that normally can grow and colonizes the mouth. i know my story my be a bit confusing, but i just wanted u all to know that i don't have halitosis anymore.

bb_girl

Post by bb_girl »

Wow, what a great 'accident!' I don't need birth control pills (I can't seem to even get pregnant!) but maybe I should get just to try...just kidding.

I hope I find a cure by accident too! :D
Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

congratulations sweets, so pleased for you - and dead jealous!

it would make sense to be related to hormones as this is when most of us started to have trouble, i.e. puberty in early teens.

we have the same 'monthly' problems and i'm in talks with my docs about taking the pill, even having an op (wont go into detail!).

could you tell me which you are using? i'll ask them if it would be suitable for me.

thanks
April

Post by April »

Hi Sweets

I don't think your story is confusing at all maybe to the men on this board anyway. I have also thought that hormones was a cause of bb in some women and read somewhere (can't remember exactly) that just before their menstrual cycle and just after, some women experience bb.

I just recently started taking the pill again for hormonal issues and would like to know which pill you were on before and which one you have changed to. I hope this will not be too intrusive, but I am just wondering if I should change mine.

Thanx
April
mizz123
Junior

Post by mizz123 »

that doesn't make any sense? So the pill cured you after you stopped taking it? I'm a little lost with that one.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Good stuff 8)

Yeah, hormones have been suspected for long, coz loads of people get first symptoms during puberty.

Can men take birth control pills :roll: ?

I had a similar effect from a psychiatric drug (Effexor) so maybe that was affecting my hormone levels too. That effect only lasted for about 2 months though but it was very noticable ... the morning breath was almost zero.

We need more people trying this stuff. If I was a girl, I'd go and get the same pill as you str8 away 8)
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Yes larc take it, mybe you will grow tits and be a sexy lady :roll:
April

Post by April »

Larc400 wrote: Can men take birth control pills :roll: ?
I thought there was one developed, but I remembered reading this on msn recently. Seems to be the closest scientists have come to developing one.

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/sex ... =100104155
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

\:D/ OMG you guys are a hoot!

Sweets07 that's so great! I will definitely look in to this if my tonsil thing don't work out.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

What happens if a man takes female pills? :oops:
sharon
Junior

Re: found my cure

Post by sharon »

happy for you!
but I'm also lost, is it taking pills cured you, or stopping pills cured you?
sweets07 wrote:hey everyone.

i know it's been awhile since i've posted. i found my cure by accident over the past few months. back in late june i started taking birth control pills because i have severe cramps each month with my period, and the doctors have no medicine or answers for me. i decided on birth control which meant that i would not have to have a period anyone more, as i would be on the hormone continuously.

anyway, i was taking the birth control pills (and i forget why) but i stopped taking the pill for about a week (i must of ran out or something). either way, i notice that my halitosis COMPLETELY disappeared. i had not symptoms (taste, smell, reactions). brushing my teeth was an afterthought. that lasted about two weeks, but then it came back just as bad as before. i panicked and started taking the pills again and my breath was back to manageable (not halitosis but i still had to work hard to stay fresh).

recently, i had a short break from the pills and the same thing occured where my halitosis dissappeared completely. after that i went to the doctor and started a new type of birth control pill. amazingly i have no breath problems. it's been about three weeks. i just don't have any problems anymore and i'm thankful.

to me this says i've had a hormonal imbalance that has disrupted the type of bacteria that normally can grow and colonizes the mouth. i know my story my be a bit confusing, but i just wanted u all to know that i don't have halitosis anymore.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i don't have a straight answer as to when and how my bb got cured. it all happened randomly and by accident as i was on different types of pills and stopped/started at various points over the past few months. all i can say for sure right now is that i'm currently on 'yaz' and i'm not having any problems. i'm praying that this is not temporary.

i had a very severe case of halitosis (you can review my previous posts in my profile). everyone is different so there's no saying that everyone's problems can be solved by taking birth control.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Hi Sweets -- please give details on what brand of pills you're taking. The 1st time and the 2nd time. Ingredients if possible...
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Shoot, I'LL take BC pills, no problem. For the guys, the main things is to not get caught! :-$
Congrats! Hope it's permanent, and perhaps there is something in there that leads to a cure for some people.
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

That's interesting Sweet. Lucky you! I also have painful periods, which are generally late (sometimes up to a month!) particularly if I am under stress. I was on the pill years ago but did not notice it affecting my breath. Nor did preganancy so in my case I am not sure that the two are connected.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic