Your Email Address:

First Name:

lick your wrist, then smell it...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
missy

lick your wrist, then smell it...

Post by missy »

When I smell the dried spit on my wrist..it smells sour...just like a faint vinegar smell...does that mean my breath smells sour....people make faces at me from about 5 feet away...could that mean it's GERD...I take prilosec sometimes when I have heart burn...took it on a regular basis last year hoping it would help my bb, but no luck...so I stopped, it's so expensive...you guys smell your wrist and tell me what your dried spit smells like.

Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Mine smells like vinegar too. I'm not sure what this means, maybe that my saliva is too acidic. I'm certain it must mean my breath is very bad though. :cry:
asd
Master

Post by asd »

mine is pure vinegar
need to get a fresh breather to do it
Artery
Total Newbie

Post by Artery »

Mine is sometimes also sour and i know it is due to my acid reflux. I cant think of any other logical cause than GERD if your tongue is not white. Take some antacids that neutralize the low pH of your stomach acid and you should get rid or lower the sour taste/breath. That works for me.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

I have done this test and it only smells like saliva, also I have scratch a bit of the white stuff in back of tongue and it smell bad but not horrible bad. Don't tell me I have minor bb or no bb cause just a day ago I open my mouth to say a very short word like "yes" and a teenager was 3 feet away from me and just stared at me with big eyes, you know the OH MAN YOUR BREATH SMELLS BAD!!
latrice2828
Total Newbie

Post by latrice2828 »

I have acid reflux as well, a few years ago it was so bad i didn't eat much.. Now I have a strong sour smell in my saliva.. I can even smell the sour vinegar when I blow my nose... I just started alkalizing my water.. [-(
MeToo
Total Newbie

Post by MeToo »

I'm the same as Halihope. I've licked my wrists and have wiped the back of my tongue with no odor present, but, when I open my mouth people respond. One of my co-workers said among a group of other co-workers that my breath smells like a sewer. I sat across from a lady at a large table at a wedding recently and she felt the need to talk to me only to say to another lady that she could not eat for smelling my breath. I try not to talk to anyone, but, people feel the need to talk to me and as some of you say, I end up giving it to them. :lol: :oops:
faith59
Junior

Licking the Wrist doesn't work

Post by faith59 »

Try taking your fingernail and scraping some of the white coating off the back of your tongue. Spread that on the top of your hand (I know sounds gross). Let it dry for a minute then smell it .It usually lingers for awhile . That's how I can tell my breath smells bad. Like garbage!!!
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

faith59 I tried the scratching the white from the back of tongue and waited at least two minutes and it smelled like sour milk but I suspect my breath really smells like poop because during my doct's appointment for the first time I smelled the air in the room and it was real bad, like farts. When ever my doct had a chance he kept rubbing his nose but he is so nice he doesn't make faces but at the end he opened the door and left it open as he left and I was given the room right next to the exit which door was also open.
faith59
Junior

Post by faith59 »

Well I hope you took the opportunity to bring up your bb to his attention. Everytime I mentioned it to my doctors they claim they never smell it. Which is just unbelievable .
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

faith
I almost know that if I did discuss my bb with my doctor he would not deny it but unfortunately he takes care of my transplanted kidney only and also my husband comes w/ me to the appt. and he denies smelling anything. My dentist, primary doctor, and ent are the ones who lied to me when I asked them. Because of my health I have to ask my kidney doctor if I can try this or that so I am limited. He did however told me it was good for me to drink probiotics so I have just started this.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

halihope wrote:faith
I almost know that if I did discuss my bb with my doctor he would not deny it but unfortunately he takes care of my transplanted kidney only and also my husband comes w/ me to the appt. and he denies smelling anything. My dentist, primary doctor, and ent are the ones who lied to me when I asked them. Because of my health I have to ask my kidney doctor if I can try this or that so I am limited. He did however told me it was good for me to drink probiotics so I have just started this.
:? :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic