Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chronic BB Gone - 1 month thus far

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Hello FBseeker,

Actually the amount of simple carbohydrates each day, from sugar, isn't very much.

I use 1 teaspoon of sucrose per cup and drink 5 cups per day. At 16 calories per teaspoon of sucrose, I'm consuming only 80 calories per day.

I used to consume 500 to 1000 calories of carbohydrate each day before modifying my diet.

halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

searching Do you consume milk and its products? How about peanuts, chocolate? How long did it took for your bb to diminish after you stop eating carbohydrates? Do you eat all kinds of veggies?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

halihope,

I do consume milk and its products, as well as peanuts and chocolate. I also eat all kinds of vegetables; however, I primarlily eat greens, i.e. peas, spinach, lettuce, lima and green beans.

I think it took several days for my BB to diminish after decreasing my carbohydrate intake. It was somewhat in relationship to noticing a slow, yet clear, reduction in body weight.

I actually decreased my carbohydrate intake to a low level, yet the variety of carbohydrates is wide (i.e., different types of carbohydrates eaten in small amounts). I'm trying to provide what my body needs - while attempting to minimize any excess.

I'm still getting good results.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

searching where did you find a list of the no no foods (carbohydrates) or how do you exactly know what to avoid?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Hello halihope,

I eat all types of carbohydrates; however, my diet lately, aims to dramatically limit the amount of carbohydrates that I eat.

The simplest and most straighforward way to observe if this food group is the cause of one's BB, is to temporarily eliminate carbohydrates (sugar and starch-based foods) from the diet for several days and observe the effect. If a good result is observed, then, at least the fundamental component of the BB condition is identified.

I realize that this is easier said than done, since excess carbohydrates are often the cause of excess body weight - and losing weight is difficult for many to do.
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

If this diet is working for you then don't stop, but from what i've read, VSC's are mostly the waste products of anaerobic bacteria digesting proteins.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

TeamZissou,

You are correct and that is what I first found so puzzling.

I think it is important to remember that the bacteria, producing the foul VSC's from protein, chiefly need a carbohydrate carbon source to live and multiply on. It is their energy souce.

If we deny the bacteria a carbohydrate carbon source, the secondarily-produced VSC's from protein may never get generated in substantial concentration, as the bacteria population remains at a low level - due to an incomplete microbial diet.

Below is a typical growth medium for bacteria (seen at: http://textbookofbacteriology.net/nutgro.html. A carbon source, supplied as saccharide (i.e. sugar, starch, etc.), is needed in the greatest proportion. Without it, the cells do not rapidly multiply:

Element % of dry weight

Carbon 50
Nitrogen 14
Hydrogen 8
Phosphorus 3
Sulfur 1
Potassium 1
Magnesium 0.5
Calcium 0.5
Iron 0.2
Last edited by searching on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

I am taking
phosphorus 1000mg a day
magnesium 168mg a day
Iron 130mg a day
Does it mean I am feeding my bb big time?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

halihope,

The bacteria cannot live on the vitamin-supplied elements alone.

If there is little, or no, excess carbohydrate available, the bacteria should not thrive.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

I have noticed the white coating on my tongue is less since I been eating vegies for breakfast along with eggs, I have dropped or lower the corn or flour tortillas, beans, cheese and coffee. I will give this low or no carbohydrate diet a chance and see if this will help me and hopefully can enjoy coffee again, specially now that it is beginning to get cold at night. I live in southern California and right now the weather is so beautiful it feels like spring!!
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

Very interesting point Searching.

It would be interesting if someone on this diet were to measure their blood sugar. Say maybe, for a week before the diet, and a week or two on it. That might give us some idea if the diet is actually changing the sugar situation in the body.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@Searching

Can you give us an update, is that diet still working for you? What's your typical breakfast and diner like?
phineas

Post by phineas »

Hi guys. I've been lurking here for a while (maybe a year or so), but I've had little to say because I've had little progress. However, I feel i should comment on this particular thread.

I have recently started a no carb/very low carb diet, and the results are good thus far. Most notably, my mouth feels SO much fresher and my saliva flow is better than i can ever remember.

This has only been going on for a few days, but today i ate some valentines candy and doughnuts (only because the a sweet old lady offered them to me) and the lump in my throat returned, and the candy made my mouth taste like onions/sour, which wasn't uncommon before. So i know it's the carbs that are the culprit!

Here's what my diet looks like on any given day (I lift weights so the protein intake is high, and i eat a lot in general):

Breakfast: 5-8 eggs, 1 piece of wheat bread w/ peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 glass of milk

afternoon snack: protein

Lunch: tuna, chicken, or fish (basically any lean meat, and veggies, and cheese

late afternoon snack: protein

dinner: chicken, fish, or turkey, and veggies and milk

late evening snack: protein

Basically, i have been on a strict diet for a long time, but i have never purposefully avoided carbs. If I do eat any, it will be in the morning, as i do need some energy to get me through the day.

This is what i have also observed while avoiding carbs:
-harder to get full
-less energy (minimal)
-light headed/headaches
however, i will gladly take any of these side effects if it means an improvement in breath/saliva flow/confidence.

I only brushed my teeth in the morning yesterday, and went out to dinner and then went to a few stores and felt very comfortable talking to people even right after eating chicken and salad. I did not have a feeling like there was something in the back of my throat.

I should also note that overall, I simply feel better, physically. I barely have any gas and i am much more regular (bathroom) and i don't feel bloated or weighed down.

Also, I am still taking a number of supplements, including:
colostrum, multivitamin, milk thistle, grape seed extract, digestive enzyme at breakfast, calcium, and other weight lifting supplements.

I also noticed a tremendous saliva flow last week from pineapple, which i attributed to one of the properties of pineapples; either vitamin C, thiamine, or manganese.

I know this is a lot to digest (ha!), but i hope it helps and i really encourage all of you to at least try it out. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

That's awesome phineas, thanks for sharing. More people need to go on a low carb diet, so far everyone who's been on such a diet noticed real improvement.
fthis

Post by fthis »

I'm on a low carb diet since yesterday.

I've actually noticed some improvement allready, the 'lump in my throat' seems to be almost gone, could be some placebo effect though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic