Your Email Address:

First Name:

BB on TV

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
bb_girl

BB on TV

Post by bb_girl »

I was watching Family Feud (those who don't live in US, this is a game show) and the question was:

"Name something you would do when someone has really bad breath."

OMG, this question probably doesn't mean anything to all these people without BB, but I felt like I was just stabbed! I'm glad I wasn't watching this with my friends because I'm sure all eyes would have been on me!

Anyway, the answers given were (not in order)

1) Tell them
2) Offer a mint
3) Bear with it
4) Cover nose
5) Breathe out

I was kind of sad watching this... *SIGH*

Speak_no_evil

Post by Speak_no_evil »

BB-girl, that had to be awful! I happen to like Family Feud a lot, and I am so glad I missed that episode. It's good you didn't have company at the time.

I'll admit to being a "Reality-TV" addict and these shows seem to always put people with BB on blast. They do the whole animated fume thing coming from their mouths. It really makes me cringe to see it. I have to mentally prepare myself when I know something like this is coming up. Thank god for Tivo. [-o<
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I still vividly remember the 2 times i was watching TV with friends and a mouthwash commercial came on. I remember where it happened, who i was with and where i was sitting, eventho this was 15 years ago. I felt so small.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Reading these stories, I recall the day I watched the episode of Sex and the City which has a guy with bad breath. I felt so sad that day because of the way a bad breath person was showed in this series I like so much. Samantha was the one who decided to date the guy despite of his bad breath. However, one day when she was not supporting to date him anymore because of his breath, she told him he had a strong bad breath. It is really sad that episode for us who suffer of BB. Carrie, in turn, cover her nose with a flower, pretending smelling it, when he talks to her. Have you guys seen that episode?
Speak_no_evil

Post by Speak_no_evil »

Archimonde wrote:I still vividly remember the 2 times i was watching TV with friends and a mouthwash commercial came on. I remember where it happened, who i was with and where i was sitting, eventho this was 15 years ago. I felt so small.
While this might seem counter-intuitive when I'm with someone and a mouthwash or toothpaste commercial comes on, I immediately began to talk about something in order to divert their attention.

I've never gotten into Sex in the City so I haven't seen that episode. But there are a slew of other shows that I've seen where the plot was centered around someone's breath.

I really think it's because most people still seem to think that the only reason someone's breath would smell bad is because they don't brush. Kind of like, it's an easy problem to get rid of and since we don't just get rid of it, we're open targets for ridicule. Like we deserve to be humiliated.
bb_girl

Post by bb_girl »

Speak_no_evil wrote: I really think it's because most people still seem to think that the only reason someone's breath would smell bad is because they don't brush.
I know! I don't want people to think that I don't brush my teeth!! But at the same time I don't want to talk about my BB and explain that I have tonsil stones, and smelly crypts, and a hairy tongue. In fact that might scare people even more! So sad...everyday...
ricka
Total Newbie

Post by ricka »

I went to photo shop today, and lady asked me a ?, after i did answer she turned aroun and told her coleauge that i am disgusting.... i heard this so many times...............................i want to live...but this life in shadow gonna kill me soon
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi ricka,

mean people have a way of treating us like garbage. They are just mean people. Forget about them. Dont let them get you down.
tiredofcrying
Junior

Post by tiredofcrying »

I love reality tv and I was watching that Flav of Love show on VH1 and there was a gril on there and her nickname was Shy, well she had BB and all the other girls were making fun of her and the Flav told her that her breath stinks and she must have a bad tooth or something, Why does everyone think if your breath smells it must be cuz u don't brush or your teeth are rotten. But when the show was over Shy came back to the reunion show and she told everyone how it has impacted her life that now when she goes to a job interview people are like I seen you on that show but I don't smell your breath right now but they still didn't give her the job and she thinks it cuz of fear that it will smell eventually down the road cuz thats all they ever said about her on the show. They even had that green gas coming from her mouth when she would talk. But she talked about it and how it has effected her and she was crying and I just cried right along with her cuz I know the pain she is feeling. I hate reality tv and radio show seem to want to always talk about people with bb like all it takes is to simply go brush your teeth andif they reallly knew its more complicated than that and how depressed it makes people maybe they would stop.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic