Your Email Address:

First Name:

Ever Asked Any 1?ok Im not saying Halitophobia is true but..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......

bb feedback

Poll ended at Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:59 pm

People have told me on my face many times Recently and Alwayz
No votes
People told me long time ago after i shutup and never dared to be on person's face
40%
I just know through their reactions
60%

Total votes: 10

azishazi
Junior

Ever Asked Any 1?ok Im not saying Halitophobia is true but..

Post by azishazi »

Okay I really have to tell you guys this story.

Okay it was 8th grade when people told me my b stinked as soon as when i opened my mouth. So I started brushing.. bla bla bla... ...>>>{Fast Forward}....>> highschool days were tough off course although I did not ever talk on anyone's face directly, no one knew I had any such problem, I was just extremely clever about it, and had to tweak my personality, and be reserved....... Tried TheraBreath, learnt about nasal irrigation........

As spent my 20's I realized that it was getting really hard for me stay in competition with friends, with work life and with relationships. I saw myself with a lot less attractive girls than myself, and everything seemed extremely hard. I remember daring to open my mouth at family convention only to have a little cousin tell me that my b stinked.

So i turn 25 and I see myself getting lazy. Quit my job, going full time school, and not doing good in school. ... by the way i have one year to graduate now.

And then October this year.. still 25, I find this forum after out of frustration i start looking for answers on the web.

So i meet this girl, here on the forumz (i'm not going to name her), i drive to this place to meet her and she gets out of her car and approaches my car extremely worried about her breath, similarly, I was very paranoid about mine.

But as we got closer and closer and even after she got in my car, we could not smell anything off of each other. She asked me to just test it on her on full blast and I did and she said she did not smell anything.

Later i meet her for dinner and this time she tests on me and blew on my face too and all i smelled was chewing gum lolll.

On my way back home i stop by three different shopping arcades, and no reaction.

At this time I am happy but at the same time I am tripping out of my mind thinking about the past and wondering, if I had cured my bb several years ago and if i had wasted any of my life due to halitophobia.

The Next day...I go all confident into school offcourse, telling myself that I am not gonna care for any one touching their nose because thats just a habbit people have.

Another thing i want to point out that when i believe i have bb, and i go and talk close on someone's face, my eyes naturally drawback and my facial expression is not very inviting, and naturally, its human instinct that when a person looks at you making a bad face and see your eyes draw back, he would also have a similar reaction.

So the very next day my friend calls me and asks me if i want to eat at subway, so i go there and i get bold and i bring it up. I tell him that I have a sinus infection bla bla......ask him to tell me the truth because if i truly did not have this problem l could cancel my appointment with the doctor. First of all he was like NO, I DONT SMELL ANYTHING", i was like nothing at all? and he was like nada, and it came to a point where he was like stoppp asking mee, dude u are fine, and i dont smell anything. But since i been telling him for a while that i had sinus and nasal bleeding (nasal bleeding was a lie), he told me to go to the doctor and tell him that i feel like I felt like I had bb but other people could not dectect it but right before we parted ways he reminded me again not to cancel my appointment. So That put me in doubt again.

So i started thinking of all the things that happened in the past, and i start to ponder.

This girl who i met through the forums was told by his mom, sister and a friend that she did not have bb either, and i swear when she blew on me it was like the freshest breath (smelled like winterfresh gum).

Ok so anyhow, i go all confident to school. I realize that when i was talking in class, this girl sitting infront of me starts checking her breath by spitting on the back of her hand and smelling.

Then at another occassion, when i was talking another girl who was sitting 2 rows infront of me started to put her jacket on her mouth. Not sure if she was trying to smell if her own breath or it could be that she was just bored.

Other bad reactions is that another girl that I am hanging out with was holding her nose while she was talking to me for few seconds. But that could be because we were hanging out for a long ass time and she realized that i was not talking to her on her face, and when i was i would cover my entire mouth. So maybe out of courtesy she held her nose so i can comfortably talk lol. It is possible that she might have assumed that i dont feel comfortable with my breath and done that.

Amoung the good reactions, I talked on my teacher's face and he was smiling and talking to me the whole time. And yes I literally talked right on his face.

But After I got all confident and started talking on people's face, the girls that were initially trying to start conversations with me in class, started to ignore me like I wasnt even there. Now there could be 2 reason for this too. One, because i have bb, Second -it could just be the fact that girls like mysterious guys and love talking to guys who stay within themselfves. And girls usually have an attitude towards guys who talk alot and try to pursue , because they think they are either looserz or Playerz.

lol. So now I am totally confused.

If I really do have halitophobia then jeezes christtt, that is just crazyyy, I would feel extremely dumb if i did.

Although I am pretty sure that i have bb. I really feel the need for someone to tell me that I do have it for sure and tell me how bad it is.

I might not have halitophobia, but it might be true that my breath is not as badd as i think it is

Quiet honestly, if this really does exist in my mind then I am pretty sure alot of you are also going through the same.

Specially if you know that you have bb, and you talk to someone, your facial expressions are going to be shitty, making the facial expression on the person you are talking to shitty as well.

By the way i went to the dentist and he told me i need deep cleaning ( one of their money making strategy) and he advised me to take my lower 2 wisdom teeth out because its half way in the gums and have deep pockets, so i will just get the lower 2 wisdom teeth removed and skip the cleaning because i cannot afford it rite now.

so try answering the following

1) state if anyone has ever told u have bb? (if yes, than keep in mind that it could be occasional).

2) Have you ever asked someone if you really do have it and what did they tell you? ( please elaborate everything they said, and tell relation you have with the person)

3) Tell me about your tests and how people reacted after you did a test on a random stranger?

4) Tell history about who and how many people have told you on your face directly or indirectly that your b stinks.

O AND I JUST WANT TO ADD THAT COUGHING IS NOT A B B REACTION.

IF A PERSON HAD BB, I WOULD JUST , WOULD PROBABLY JUST put MY FINGER COVERING BOTH MY NOSTRILS. SCRATCHING THE NOSE WOULD'NT HELP AND IS NOT A SIGN OF REACITON EITHER.

BY THE WAY PEOPLE FIDDLE WITH THEIR NOSE ALL THE TIME SPECIALLY WITH THE POLLENS, AND EVERY OTHER PERSON HERE IN VA HAS SOME SORT OF SINUS PROBLEM.
Last edited by azishazi on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Azishazi,
Very interesting reading there, thanx for sharing that.
Sounds to me like you might well have intermittent BB. I knew a guy once who sufferered with repeated sinus infections. He'd get really blocked-up. Some days his breath was completely fresh and other days he would have stomach churning breath. In this situation it can really mess with your mind.
You painted the picture of your situations very well. It's easy to confuse paranoia with reality. You did very well in confiding with others, and my advice to you is to continue this with as many people as you can.
Glad you finally got an opinion on the wisdom teeth, and it sounds very promising as a potential cause for you. Good luck with that.
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

Well, I have a 24 hour bad taste in the mouth,

I think i either still have it or I am cured. Its either of these 2. Its just hard to ask people, but right now it is my only way out. I wish more people from this forum lived around my area. I just feel alone in doing these ventures. I dont even know who to ask anymore.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi,

You can do all the research in the world. And live in denial. these wont get you any closer to the truth.

dont waste your time on these. Seek the truth. I know about living in denial until i woke up January 2008 and finally admit it to myself.

Go talk to a child. An 8 year old or 12 or 13 year old child. Do you have any younger relatives. Then go talk to them loud and clear. Children will tell you the truth that adults hide from us.

I asked my really good friend the same questions about my breath. And she said no it didnt smell. I later went into a room and overheard her talking behind my back to other people. I went up to the door and heard.......'' Can't she smell it.....that is disgusting..... I feel sorry for her''

The kids I used to work with would just say it to my face like 5 minutes after I asked my very good friend who i worked with at the time.

Dont be fooled by others when they tell you they smell nothing. people you are around 24/7 maybe accustomed to the smell and after a while smell nothing for sure that i believe but others do.

My friend gave me the bullshit about stop asking about my breath because it does not smell bad. Then 2 minutes later in a conversation she she twisted it and said that ........maybe its because of diet etc. then she said forget about it dont ask anymore.

Clearly, I do smell and it did put her in an uncomfortable position to talk about it. My ENT doctor acknowledged my halitosis.

IT MIGHT HURT AT FIRST BUT GO TALK TO A CHILD. ASK THEM IF YOU KNOW THEM LIKE COUSIN ETC. OR JUST GO TALK IN THEIR FACE OR BLOW. IF THEY REACt THEN YOU HAVE IT.

IT DOESNOT HELP EMOTIONALLY TO LIVE IN DENIAL AND THEN QUESTION EVERYDAY BACK AND FORTH.

I LIVED IN DENIAL FOR 3 YEARS UNTIL THE FINAL YEAR I ADMITTED IT TO MYSELF.

STOP ASKING ADULTS ASK A CHILD. MY 14 YEAR OLD COUSIN TOLD HER FATHER THAT HIS BREATH STINKS. KIDS WILL TELL YOU.

DRASTIC
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

I would have to find random kids because the only 3 little kids in my family are extremely mean. One other things with kids is that if you ask them if you have bb they might just say yes.

but u are right about just testing it without asking them.

Secondly, the human brain is a bit crazy, In sense, we are our brain. But it is amazing how your own brain can play tricks on you. You will be amazed to find out.

Specially if you are paranoid and you are trying to hear a conversation, you would hear the world smell, and hear other words like breath in the convo and start worrying yourself.

My previous roomate was gay and he contineously thought that we were making fun of him, and would say he overheard stuff.

Beware of your own mind.

For now I am trying to forget about everything else (cure etc etc...) and focusing on knowing the truth and someone admitting to my face.

Thats the first step for me right now.

By the way guys i havent taken probiotics in a while, i had kinda quit after taking for a month.

But last nite i overdosed it, took 4 times the amount and my mouth felt really watery following few hours, but i have an upset stomach now lol.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi azishazi,

You are right about the mind playing tricks on us and we hearingwhat we want to hear in our heads. BUT believe me, the person who my friend was talking to was a woman who used to work with me in close proximity and then she stopped after a few weeks. She always made up excuse why she couldnot be there to assist me at work and went off to help someone else. I saw her in the bathroom at work and she kept saying out loud...''you dont look well to me something is wrong with you.....you dont look right.'' out loud so everyone could hear.

I did not imagine that. And I did not imagine the kids teasing me when I went out on a train back in July. They said out loud so all the passengers getting off the train could hear....''you have bad breath.....you need a mint''.
i wanted to push them onto the train tracks but there were too many witnesses getting off the train. LOL. :D

Its amazing when we live in denial with ourselves we tend to ignore our gut instinct. Our gut instincts are usually right. But, i truly hope you find some peace or atleast come to realise what is causing all of this. I truly hope yu do.

Like halitosisux said it could be just sometimes your breath smelled. In that case you would be more lucky than some people.

Drastic
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

Hey Drastic. In your case i prolly think you do have it because of the kids screaming.

But the woman who was screaming "something is wrong with you" could just be indicating to something else, because in many cases specially when due to my bb, whether its in my head or real, i act a bit wierd which i'm sure you did too and maybe she was mentioning that.

But the kids on the train definitely did not lie.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi azishazi,

You are correct about the kids they dont lie. My ENT doctor confirmed it so I am not in denial about my situation. I know the truth and have peace.

Adults will find a way to hide it from you because they dont want to hurt your feelings.

Before I had Bad breath many years ago a friend of mine asked me. I denied that my friend had bad breath I lied to them not to hurt their feeling.

So, If I did it then countless others will lie straight to your face.

Find a child to experiment on, go out ask them the time they have a watch they will tell you make sure to talk up to them and see what happens.

I hope to God you dont have it because it is a soul, mind, heart and body destroyer. Something noone should have to endure.

Drastic
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

Hi Azishazi and Drastic both of you are correct, people will deny you have bb and then turn around and mention it to someone else or let you know in a way that is embarrasing . Also children are the best people to test your breath on.
Azishazi if you dentist told you you need deep cleaning then please consider doing it or the very least get a second opinion. Years ago my dentist told me I had this same thing and my hubby started asking me if I had brushed my teeth I also was ready to start a family so I did the deep cleaning and the bb was gone!
This time the bb started when I lost my transplanted kidney and even though I have another transplanted kidney the bb is still with me and oddly my hubby does not smell it this time!
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

yes thanks for the advise halihope, im going to get deep cleaning as soon as I have money, within a month.

But I am also implying that since I have had this problem for such a long time, and for certain i did have a problem at one point because in 8th grade kids did let me know on my face lol. I think that halititophobia can exist in many people's head. Specially if i really am cured that I would def want to alert people of halitiphobia. Specially if you have occasional bb, and the moment you get a real reaction, you think you have a bigger problem than you really do. All I am saying is that it is possible. Everything is debatable and its good to question everything.

But Im not sure if i cured my breath doing stuff people advised on this forum or if i had cured it a while ago and just had halitophobia.

lol, i know it seems crazy but i was talking on people's face all day last nite and there was no reaction but i had a really bad taste in my mouth and i felt like my breath totally stinked ass. I actually smelled other people's bb. l0l, like this girl i was talking to at the bar she definitely had it, but the music was loud and she was talking on my face.

I still dont feel comfortable talking to people on their faces tho.

At this point Im so confused. Most probably i cured it with past few months trying stuff what people advised on these forums. I would'nt be able to tell you what worked because I myself do not know if thats the case.

Although I'm pretty sure that my b did stink for sure till last year because the only time i dared to open my mouth at a get together, i was told by a kid that my breath reaked. It would have to be highly coincidental for it to stink only that one time when i decide to open my mouth and talk without putting hand on my mouth or facing away.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

:shock:
i'm actually dealing with me suffering from halitophobia instead of halitosis.

now reading that people lie to me, that the doctors in the breath clinics are liars (was another thread), really bothers me. makes me thinking and wondering and worrying again. :(

i just started to gain confidence, talking to people, talking to friends again (also about my breath issue)...

i know, it's not very clever still reading about the topic all the time, although i want to get rid of it. but i wanted to find out, whats up with the relationship halitosis/-phobia. how such a thing could start, what could be the reasons for it.

i wanted to know if somebody here is halitophobic (without having actually always bb, when feeling so). academic papers do not reveal very much, only that lots of people, who go to breath clinics, halitose appointments, etc. actually don't have bb.

i felt really bad, thought i would smell from afar. but i was told i didn't. halimeter showed an average of about 50. thats not much. the taste in my mouth doesn't correlate with my smell.

i was told that my bad taste could indicate that i'm not used to tasting my natural mouth-taste anymore. just feeling good if i'm tasting something artificial. and i have a dry mouth. maybe i had halitosis many years ago and i worked against it with brushing, chewing, rinsing - so that is associated with a fresh mouth.

i asked my best friends and they said no. i tried to believe them. but no i'm not really convinced anymore. :?
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

I just had another halimeter test...after no food/drink/brushing etc for 12 hours I had a score of 80....is this bad???
trouble
Junior

Post by trouble »

not at all.

after 12 hours not eating, drinking (!) and brushing it's surprisingly good!

as far as i'm informed:
> 75 ppb - can be detected with human nose
< 100 ppb - normal
> 150 to 5300 ppb - bad breath
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

Thanks trouble...I feel better now :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic