Your Email Address:

First Name:

How I Cured Myself of HT and Body Odor... (No ads)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
YippieImCured

How I Cured Myself of HT and Body Odor... (No ads)

Post by YippieImCured »

I'm pretty much cured of both of these conditions. I have my sad stories just like all of you. I discovered this site 6 months ago and swore when I was cured I would tell y'all how I did it... In my case, I had leaky gut syndrome, a little understood and absolutely devastating disease. I honestly considered doing myself in so I know how you all feel.
EDIT: While I had leaky gut syndrome, the methods I use can be applied by many people without the syndrome, also- I would be surprised if many of you didn't have some sort of digestive disorder.

I am not advertising any product, 90 per cent of what I advise can be bought from any local store. there is ONE product which is kinda cool, but I will not give any brand names, as it is important to me that you guys believe me. \:D/

I will divide my post into Foods to Eliminate/Mouthwashes/Oral Hygene/Fasting/Healing the Gut/Other--- Some of the info will be old news but others will be new.

Here we go...

Foods To Eliminate
O.K. Most of you know this through trial and error, but aside from Garlic Onions Pork etc, it's also important to eliminate choline... Also, beer and other alchohol doesn't help. I guess you all know this. A very important point is that if we are all so sensitive to these foods then it probably means we have an underlying condition. Check out Leaky Gut.

Mouthwashes/Topicals
Maake up your own combos, consider 2/3 phases mouthwashes. Be a mad scientist.

O.K. Limes rule. I used to eat about 15 a day! They help for about an hour.
Be careful though, they ultimately deplete you of zinc, so a supplement is needed.
Sea Salt is also great and long lasting.
Bicarb of soda works well as many of you know.
Wheatgrass and other Dark Leafy Greens such as juiced spinach and Kale are also full of chlorophyll and magnesium, and can be very helpful.
Ginger juice is a great great healer.
You also may want to check out Oil Pulling, but I would use very small amounts diluted in water, it can backfire on you.
And now a couple you may not have considered:
CAYENNE PEPPER. Oh yeah, it needs to be mixed with other herbs, maybe salt BofSoda, Salt, and it can be rubbed straight onto you gums, and ade into a mouthwash. Use it in the first phase, after use limes to clean out the taste.
AND NOW THE BIG ONE...drum roll... MACA ROOT. A great powder that can be bought from your local health store. Buy the pure powder, not capsules... Full of zinc and amino acids, it really put me well on the road to recovery.
Also, MSM powder and activated charcoal are great detoxifiers for both gums and bowels.
----
I will post more things in 20 minutes or so..., the above will help you but I have not even started yet. Do me a favour and wait until I've posted the second part before replying
A great powder is 5 parts Maca, 2 parts Cayenne, 2 parts salt, 1 part mint.
Last edited by YippieImCured on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YippieImCured

Post by YippieImCured »

Oral Hygiene
Toothbrush reinfection can be a BIG DEAL. I used to keep mine in dilute bleach! H2O2 would probably be a lot better. I reckon you should properly clean your brush out every day. Also, flossing etc...
But you guys know this, so...

Now we get to the crux of the issue, fasting and healing the gut.

FASTING
I recently did a 5 day fast which really helped me, even 1-2 days is good. This is not medical advice though, you should do your own research on the issue.
I am a pretty skinny looking guy, but the point is, we ALL have a backlog of toxins in our body. BB and BO are simply the body trying to rid itself of these toxins though its eliminative organs. So while the above topical solutions are good in the short term, they will only really be putting a quick fix on the issue. It's important to really clear out... Fasting is a good way to do it. On day 3 my tongue coating was absolutely nauseating, on day 5 I had a nice taste back in my mouth for the first time in years.
Enemas might also be a good ideam I'd like to do one when I get the chance.

DIGESTIVE HEALTH
You all need to become experts on digestive health if you are to cure yrselves. Many substances good for gums are good for digestive health as well...
- Raw Food is very helpful as well. Check out David Wolfe, Matt Monarch, Gabriel Cousens and Shazzie. I got all my info from them for free by watching youtube lectures. It made a big difference to me, sort of took me from awful to not too bad. Dark green Leafy vegetables are good.
-Superfoods: Wheatgrass is a great gut detoxifier, and can probably be rubbed on gums. check out Ann Wigmore and a few cool testimonials on the web. Raw Chocolate is good, but use it in moderation.
Again MACA ROOT is a fantastic, adaptogenic herb. I highly recommend checking it out. You can buy it from anywhere, and unless you are stoned and paranoid enough to think that I am taking kickbacks from the Peruvian Agricultural Council there's no way I could be advertising anything. You can trust-a me gringos.
HEMP SEED is great for the colon, I have a feeling these conditions could be linked to Amino Acid imbalances.
Probiotics, and apple cider vinegar are also important.
Activated Charcoal and MSM are good for the gut as well.
Bascially, include lots of green herbs in your diet. www. herbs2000.com is a good site...
Big One coming up...
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
JUICED GINGER and JUICED DARK LEAFY GREENS are underated and very very powerful. Really good for both conditions, check it out, it's one of the best herbs on the planet. You don't need a juicer, just blend it and scrape the gunk out. Try these first, along with the limes!!!!
+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*++*+*+*+++*++*+*+
---------High Fibre Diet------------
This is SO IMPORTANT. Check it out. Apart from the last 4 superfood this has really helped me.
You know what helped me a lot? OATS OATS OATS- Yessir. Just regular oats from the supermarket, gives me hours of relief and is curing me long term. I eat them DRY with no milk or sugar.
Here are some great articles on the power of oats. They are a virtual superfood, and are great for far more reasons than simple fiber. They are full of amino acids, selenium, zinc...
Oats and Leaky Gut in general
http://www.rainbowminerals.net/Leaky_gut.htm
http://www.tasteforlife.com/content/def ... wel_Health
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/diet- ... althy.html
THE BEST LINK: http://www.enzymestuff.com/conditionleakygut.htm

Note:
Fluoride is a dangerous toxin, try a non-fluoride toothpaste, try and get supplements without magnesium stearate, it's also a toxin. Be careful with your Zinc/Copper/Vit C balance. Many of you could be defiecient in Zinc. Cinnamon is also fairly good for the gut and gums.

My heart goes out to all of you. I would love to see you all free of this debilitating condition. I know phrases such as 'living nightmare' and 'destroying my life' are no exaggeration. I am busy but I will come back periodically for a few weeks to answer any questions you may have.

I've been free for a while now, good luck people. Visualise yourself free and
you will be.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Hi there, thank you for your story. I will try your protocol, i do believe you as i've read other similar stories on curezone. Tho i'm scared of grains so i'll skip oat at 1st.

Can you describe what your breath odor was like, was it fecal? Besides odor problems, what other symptoms did you have?

I really need to know if you had post nasal drip and partially blocked nostrils, those 2 symptoms are very common on BB forums so if you didn't have them, it's possible you didn't suffer from the same condition as us so your protocol might not work for us.
Vivian

Post by Vivian »

Hi Yippie:

Congradulations on defeating your deamon!!!

I was on a similar diet just a week ago, and took myself off completly after I came to the realization my issue is more of the bacteria in the mouth vs. a leaking gut.

The enzymestuff.com is an excellent web page, and that was what I was following, but my question is....have you re-introduced some of the foods that you removed from diet (ie. sugar).

I've tried contacting other ppl who have found success through a diet to see if they are still bb free, but most do not respond. I think a lot of us here would be most appreiciative if you kept us abreast of your health down the road.

Many thanks, V
YippieImCured

Post by YippieImCured »

Hi Archimonde,
Yes I had PND, it was the main cause of my problem after I healed my gums with maca---It used to give me terrible morning breath. I have had mild but chronic sinusitus for over 10 years. Weirdly, it's gone now after the fasting. The immune system of the mouth should be strong enough to wash it away with saliva. Also- big tip, keep mouth closed all day when not talking, big help.
Odor, varied with diet/day, fecal at times, meat eggs/fish, even though I didn't eat them. Think putrifying intestines, I've been there....just horrible...
Scared of grains? Yes Rice and Bread don't help, but I'll say without reservation that Oats were a massive healer for me.
Why are you wary of grains?
YippieImCured

Post by YippieImCured »

Vivian,
The bacteria in the mouth that I had for years dissapeared 90 per cent after fasting.
If you are looking to heal your mouth then MSM, activated charcoal and the big one is Maca root, close to a miracle. Ginger, wheatgrass and chamomile tea are good.
Acidophilus powder can also be used topically, in the mouth itself.
I encourage people to experiment and come up with their own protocol.
Are you 100 per cent sure you don't have bowel weakness? I would seek a second opinion if I were you.
If your problem really is mouth based then I would focus on healing the gums...
Have you tried eating large amounts of dried oats as a staple?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

All grains worsen my breath with no exceptions. Tho grains are almost always cooked or processed when we eat em, it's possible raw oats might be good. You don't cook it in water right?
YippieImCured

Post by YippieImCured »

Nope,
I have had porridge many times with little positive effect, grains also worsen my breath. Oats in hot water/milk will putrefy in the intestine and make the condition worse, as you know.
I think the difference is that I ate them raw, maybe they absorbed the toxic fluids in my gut. I dnt know. Plus, I would have killed none of the nutrients.
Signing off now, back another time
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

You mentionned fluoride as being toxic. My elementary school had a fluoride mouthrinse program, i used to rinse with that stuff everyday, i wonder if that didn't ***k me up in some ways and caused my bb. Anyone else took fluoride?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi YippieImCured,

Congratulations the discovery and thanks for sharing your information.
Personally, if i had BB and sinusitis, i'd bet my life on it that this was the cause. You say your diet got rid of your 10 year case of sinusitis - food intolerances can wreak havoc around the body, including swelling inside the nose which, just like a cold, can cause sinus blockage and consequent bacterial sinusitis involving the putrid release of substances into the nose and throat.
You also dealt with your gum problems too, which is the commonest cause of chronic halitosis.
This is not to say food intolerance alone has been responsible, but something appeared to work for you digestively or topically with the gums, and i'll certainly be making a note of your successful protocols. WELL DONE!

Archimonde, sorry if this is a silly question, but what happens when you try a gluten-free diet? (assuming you must have)
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I haven't had any gluten whatsoever in 4 months since i'm on raw food diet. It helps but i'm not cured, just ~50% improvement but i've hit a plateau in the last month or so, it seems my breath is no longer improving.

I'm gonna follow some of Yippie's suggestions such as juicing greens and ginger, i already have a good juicer anyway, might as well use it. Also adding cayenne and oat to my diet.

I've never thought about eating raw grains, who does that? Grains is always cooked when we eat it so it's possible raw grains, even ones with gluten are fine for us. More experiments to do :/
Last edited by Archimonde on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivian

Post by Vivian »

Yippie:

No, I did not have any oats while I was on the candida diet. In looking at various websites, primarily enzymesstuff.com, leaky guts are usually caused by another underlying problem. In this case I was leading to candida since my of the symptoms seem to fit what I was going through.

From my understanding, leaky gut can be repaired, but you still have to treach the underlying cause of the leaky gut (ie. candida). With the candida diet, you pretty much cannot eat anything, so I did not have any oats since that was not allowed on the diet.

I do recall seeing oats as being helpful in treating the leaky gut, but at the same time I would have been feeding this so called fungus.

I do have a twisted colon, which is why I thought that digestive issue may play a part in my bb. But with the slip up that I had in eating grains while on the diet, and not exhibiting any symptoms from that, it lead me to believe it's more of a baterial issue in the mouth, rather then an issue with the gut.

The true test will come when you re-introduce many of the foods back into your diet. Please let us know what happens. ~V
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ok Archimonde, good luck with those additional experiments..

Fluoride, i still use fluoride toothpaste.. its in water too, so no point in stopping that, or is there? it helps against tooth decay and rotting teeth is all we need.
I used to have "fluoride treatment" as a kid, used to crush this gum mould filled with some very sour tasting gel between the teeth.. and then sit there for a few mins (felt like a few hours) with strings of dribbling saliva hanging from my chin - i'd always end up with the giggles, but looking back i quite enjoyed it - had NO IDEA what it was for at the time, just blissfully went along with it.
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

you know this fasting thing is a lot of bowl sheet as far as bad breath goes. im a muslim i fast every year for one whole month my breath is the worse on that month .
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

:oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic