Your Email Address:

First Name:

Constipation/Candida

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
dreamweaver

Constipation/Candida

Post by dreamweaver »

Hey guys,

I was curious about something and wanted to get people's opinion on it.

I remember when I was in school (junior high, high school), I would never go to the bathroom while at school. The reason for this was that the school bathrooms were nasty/filthy/dirty, you get the picture. Even if I had to go really bad, I would force myself to "hold" it. I probably did this every day as long as I was in school. I might even have done it in college, although not as much. As you can guess, this, as well as a poor diet, led to me being constantly constipated.

Now, fast forward to today. I've been suffering from BB for the past 15 years or so. After much research and fact finding, not to mention anger, frustration, depression, etc., I have come to the conclusion that it's candida overgrowth.

Do you guys think it might have something to do with what I did to myself in school, as mentioned above? Are constipation, ignoring the "call of nature," and yeast overgrowth related?

Also, have other people done the same thing and today suffer from BB? I hope not.

TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

I had a similar disgust for public bathrooms in hs, but i don't think avoiding them changed my habits.

I've long wondered if anxiety in general is a HUGE contributing factor. Would you say you are germaphobic in general beyond this? Do you have a lot of other anxieties?

Being constantly anxious causes the body to be constantly stressed, produce huge amounts of stress hormones, and weaken the immune system. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a main cause of BB.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hey TeamZissou,
I was just wondering.. did you get liver function tests?
Also, I remember recently you mentioned that you are underweight and have a lot of difficulty in gaining any. I've read somewhere that if a person has certain parasitic infestations they can take all the nutrients from what you eat and leave you malnutritioned. Parasites do have a connection with BB, but im not sure how.
If you ever do have liver function tests performed, its worth having thyroid function checked too, since thyroid problems can lead to weight problems and dehydration.
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

Hey Halitosisux,

I have had my thyroid hormones checked in a recent blood test, and they were normal. I've never had any liver testing done though. Have you ever had that done?

I remember you mentioning someone you knew that had liver problems and BB. You may have said they were underweight too, if i remember correctly. Were they able to fix the problem after recognizing the liver issues and treating them?

Also, thanks for sticking around to help others and give positive words as you wait out the healing of your gums. I always look foward to reading your input.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hey TeamZissou,
Thanx, i wish i could write a book on my experiences of the last 2 decades of BB just to let it all out and possibly help anyone going through some of the same hopelessness as i have done. If i am cured then eventually i'll switch off and never want to see another medical book or matter for the rest of my life, but for now its helping me to be around if anyone needs it.

Back to that liver thing... this friend of mine who had a very defined sulphurous rotten-egg smelling breath and mentioned liver problems in the past.. i just remember making a note of that in my mind. We never discussed it at all. I remember at the time thinking how can such a clean looking person have such terrible breath and u could just tell it was completely beyond his control. I remember him saying something about jaundice and his skin did have a strange tan to it. He otherwise seemed very healthy, though slightly on the thin side.
He had this BB for the whole time i knew him (3 yrs) i wish i'd been able to discuss things with him, but i was worried because he seemed oblivious to his BB and i didnt want to risk ruining his life as was happening to me.
His BB may have been nothing to do with his liver, but at the time i made this connection because it was such an unusual case.
A lot of this is coming back to me while im typing it, im not sure what else to mention, but if there's anything specific you'd like to ask, then please do and i'll try to answer.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

dtreamweaver,

I also detest going to the bathroom during highschool. I also lived on softdrinks & junkfoods so it`s not surprising if a bacterial overgrowth developed over those years.I was always constipated & sometimes I`ll have bouts of diarrhea (signs of IBS) but my breath was normal back then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic