Your Email Address:

First Name:

Great Improvement in my BB, I think its because...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Eric
Advanced

Great Improvement in my BB, I think its because...

Post by Eric »

Hi everybody, I would like to share a couple of ideas of what might have caused an improvement in my BB over the past few months.

To sum up my story I began suffering from this almost exactly one year ago. In the beginning I would regularly get reactions from people. I work at Best Buy on the sales floor and have plenty of test subjects so to speak #-o Reactions ranged from finger under nose, to coughing, to backing up, little kids blatantly saying "He has bb", etc.

I now believe I have seen marked improvement in my condition to the point where 80% of people I talk to show no signs of reaction whatsoever. Remaining reactions seem mild and sporadic, possibly not related to any smell at all.

3 Things that really helped: (I think)
-Eating less 'junk' food such as fast food. I have recently begun to live on my own and as such am very poor. Less crap food seems to equal less bb.
-Moving away from a place where I would have severe allergic reactions upon waking up. When I lived with my parents across town I would regularly wake up and have a 5 to 10 minute sneezing fit. I'm guessing it was because of the many open fields in close proximity to the house. At my current residence this still happens, but much less frequently and much less severely. PND seems greatly reduced.
-No more toothpaste/mouthwash/stupid-rip-off-products. For the past few months I simply brush my teeth and tungbrush my tongue with water. I don't have nearly as much white tongue coating and I believe its partly related to not waking up and feeding the bacteria toothpaste.

I also want to note one last important thing:
My tonsils were literally swollen, veiny, and red from Jan to June! I began to think they were gonna stay that way forever, but now they are fairly small and inconspicuous in the back of my throat, plus when I touch them the stink is much less shitty. They no longer form pockets of white gunk. My mom told me she suffered from terrible BB when she was my age as well as many bouts of tonsillitis until she had hers removed. I believe I inherited her propensity to get smelly germs stuck in my tonsils and hope I may have a cure in a tonsillectomy.

I apologize for this long-winded post, just wanted to stay loyal to the group and try to give some clues as to possible remedies.

P.S. I am still not sure if its contagious. I have a girlfriend who I regularly tongue-kiss and she seems completely un-affected. But in the past I have had a gf who developed a really nasty looking infection in the back of her throat not too long after we started making out. It went away with medicine and she seems fine now. My theory is that a person's individual immune-system is the main factor in determining if BB bacteria can cause chronic halitosis.

emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

I agree and my status is likely to eric´s...

Tung brush is essential, in my case I use it with the tung gel, for me is great.

Happy new year to everyone i hope 2009 will be a better year for all the fellow members

peace
Hank
Junior

Post by Hank »

I still haven't been able to find the tung brush. Where's the best place to get it from?

- Hank
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

google tung brush and you will find a website from where you could buy one
orange111
Junior

Post by orange111 »

hi, does tung gel and the brush really help?
Speak_no_evil

Re: Great Improvement in my BB, I think its because...

Post by Speak_no_evil »

Eric wrote: No more toothpaste/mouthwash/stupid-rip-off-products. For the past few months I simply brush my teeth and tungbrush my tongue with water.
Just the thought of doing that scares me! I tried at one point to use only baking soda & peroxide. My mouth would feel clean, but I still felt so uncomfortable not using toothpaste.

But I am glad you have found some relief.

Guzler, I get my tongue brush and gel from an online drug store. You shouldn't have much trouble finding it.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

Congrats on your improvement. In my case, it seems to originate from the lower throat/esophagus, so no amount of tongue brushing or mouth washing helps. My tonsils appear to be normal.

Good luck to everyone in the New year.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

hope4now wrote: In my case, it seems to originate from the lower throat/esophagus, so no amount of tongue brushing or mouth washing helps. My tonsils appear to be normal.
Hope4now,

in my case BB originates from the lower throat/esophagus as well and I have been trying to figure out how to "clean" the esofagus since no medications seem to help me noticeably. Any ideas?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic