Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hi,guys,I tried NEILMED

Tell us your story with bad breath
sophia

Post by sophia »

halitosisux wrote:Hi Sophia,
Thanks for that detailed reply,
I wish i could help you more with this issue relating to nasal odours, but as i said, i never had any nasal odours.
The only connection i can make is the fact that if the tongue odours become REALLY bad, then you would expect that odour to be expelled through the nose too. And the way you described the progression of your BB from your mouth to your nose, this sounds quite plausible.
Its really difficult to know whether or not to trust the conclusions your ENT gave you. But for now i dont think you have any other choice, your attention has to focus elsewhere.
I read all your posts and you say you have no dental issues.
Could your ENT detect any odours from your nose? or from your mouth?
Im curious.. this month of physical activity.. what came to an end first, was it your BB or your aerobics?
Have you been tested for stomach/esophegal abnormalities? Helicobacter?
Parasites??
Systemic illnesses - kidneys/liver/enzyme/thyroid??
Could you have some kind of lung problem?
What does your doctor think?
Hi,halitosisux,

I just finished my today's classes. I want to tell you that today is Ok. I used Neilmed yesterday evening and Crest mouthwash. No therabreath. On the metro,no reation. In the class, it's ok. During the break, I ate an apple in order to fresh my breath. So, I want to say today is not a bad day, but not as good as those three days. Maybe the nose ordor go (I am not sure 100%), maybe still some mouth ordor.

I always aked my husband to smell my breath. I even told him that I am very serious about it and need an serious answer. Unfortunately, he always said that I don't have any smell. And I always yawn and talk to him very very close, no reaction. I don't know why. Anyway, I don't trust his opinion.

For your questions:

1.Yes, I don't have any dental problem. Everytime when I went to dentist and had teeth clean, the dentists always said that my teeth were much more healthier than the others.

2.My ENT hasn't say anything about whether he can detect my ordor or not. At first, he just takes a look of my nose by himself and tell me that I have nothing wrong with my nose. Then, I require him to do more about my situation,then he said if you really insist about your opinion. You can take an X-ray of your sinus. Then I take and....just as I mentioned.

And one more thing. Because I know that some people use inhalation therapy and cured, so I required my ENT to prescribe some times of inhalation therapy. The ENT didn't agree at first. But, I tried to persuade him and at last I got one week inhalation therapy. A device used to vaporize antibiotics for inhalation..I tried one week, but not cured. maybe temporarily. So, after I tried inhalating and eating antibiotics, I believe that antibiotics will not cure chronic bad breath. It may cure temporarily, but the bacterias will be more crazy.

3. one month physical activities.

I do the aerobics not on the purpose of curing my BB, just want to exercise my body. Every afternoon, I did two hours aerobics and sweat a lot. Several days passed, I found that my taste was good, and when I talk with others, no reation. At that time, I realized that maybe my BB went away? Then, I tried to check. I took part in many activities, talked a lot. No matter how crowded, no matter how close, no reation. I met my husband at that time. :D

One month passed, I don't have time to have aerobics everyday. The problem came back.

4.Have you been tested for stomach/esophegal abnormalities?Helicobacter?Parasites??

No, I haven't. But, I have ever heard a saying that HP will not lead to serious BB. Some people have HP, but they don't have BB. Some have HP, they have BB, but the situation not serious. The ordor is always acceptable,not that offensive.

5.Systemic illnesses - kidneys/liver/enzyme/thyroid??

No, I don't have. I took annual medical examination, the results are always good. And, it's true that people who have illnesses with kidneys and livers are easily to have BB.

6,Could you have some kind of lung problem?

No, I don't have. But when I was a little girl,I got a cold and fevered, and developed to pneumonia. But Cured at last.

Hi,halitosisux, thanks for your analysis.
O:)

sophia

Post by sophia »

Another thing.

What does nose ordor smell like?I can't smell my nose ordor when i have nose ordor

Today, I smelled a girl's bad breath, and she also has another kind of ordor which is different from her mouth ordor. I don't know whether it is nose ordor or body ordor. It really makes people cough.

So, I just want to know, is it mouth ordor the same thing with the nose ordor?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

arrrghhhhhh im so confused now lol,
how can you be sure you have nasal odours if no one has actually confirmed it, and you cant even smell it yourself?
Or maybe you do smell something, but its undetectable to others because its so weak?
Does your tongue smell badly? If its really bad then the odours can come out though your nose.
One thing you said you havent thoroughly investigated is your stomach/esophagus. Do a wikipedia search for Laryngopharyngeal reflux, and see whether there are any connections to your symptoms, if so discuss it with your doctor, he can give you medications to rule this out.
Try asking your doctor for something called BACTORBAN nasal cream, and apply it to your nostril to see what effect this has, incase its something more minor than you realise happening.
There are also disorders of the oflactory system which can cause you to perceive certain smells as foul odours when they arent. Another similar disorder is phantom smells where your senses perceive certain foul odours that dont exist at all. Investigate them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic