Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hi,guys,I tried NEILMED

Tell us your story with bad breath
sophia

Hi,guys,I tried NEILMED

Post by sophia »

I bought the Neilmed product---a bottle,50 packets.

I have tried for three days.

I don't have post nasal drip anymore, but I don't know why after I used it, the water would drop from my nose suddenly? and I have headache.

Just now, I ask my husband to smell my breath. He said "great".

I am not sure about it. I need to go outside and check.

Anyway, VERY HAPPY! NOW

Green
Junior

Post by Green »

Hey Sophia. Nice to know that you tried the nasal irrigation. What do you mean when you said the water would from your nose suddenly? If you mean that the water came out of the other side of your nostril--that's just how nasal irrigation works. Anyway, congratulations if you are cured!! =D>
bb_girl

Post by bb_girl »

I can relate to the 'water coming out all of a sudden!' That happened to me all the time, even when I sleep on my side! So sometimes I lost some sleep because I would wake up in the middle of the night just to soak up all the water! Haha.

I saw either a video on Youtube or a website (sorry, I forgot!) on how to get rid of all the water right after you do a nasal rinse.

Bend your body forward, and slowly turn your head to the side. Water should come out. And repeat for the other side. Hope this helps! :D
sophia

Post by sophia »

ha ha..

Thanks Green and bb_girl.

I will try bb_girl's method to get rid of "sudden running water"

This morning, I had a three hours class, and I am sure that I don't have ordor come from my nose anymore, and my bad breath has improved greatly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sneezeeffect

Post by sneezeeffect »

hey sophia im very happy for u!

is neilmed still workign for u? can u keep us updated? do people still cough or rub their noses around you?

thanks
sophia

Post by sophia »

sneezeeffect wrote:hey sophia im very happy for u!

is neilmed still workign for u? can u keep us updated? do people still cough or rub their noses around you?

thanks
Hi,sneezeeffect

neilmed do work for me.

I am sure that I don't have nose odor anymore, so my problem mainly comes from post nasal drop.

After I used neilmed, I feel that my throat is clear and I don't have to continuously swallow...

It's first time that I feel that my problem is manageable.

People don't cough around me(actually we sit very close, a row---four desks, three people). Only the girl on my left some times rub her nose(not very often,and only two or three seconds,so I am not sure it's about me or not). when we talk together,she never rub her nose....And, I always ask my husband to smell. He always say that it's good. it's Ok. :D

This is my situation.I don't want to make a conlusion too early. so Monday I will have three hours class too.I will report my situation again.

My situation improved greatly, I am sure. but whether it is totally killed or not needs my furthur observation.
sneezeeffect

Post by sneezeeffect »

that's great to hear sophia. i just started it for 2 days already and it really clears my nose. i havent really tested it out my breath on people yet but will do when i go back to school.
sophia

Post by sophia »

Hi, guys.

I had three days good experience before. But today, I want to cry again.

People aroud me all rub their nose,and eat gum.

The only difference is that today I used mouthwash of therabreath and did nasal irrigation with Neilmed before I went school while three days before,I only use Neilmed on the former evening.

I don't know the differences.I really had a bad day today. wanna cry
sophia

Post by sophia »

I don't know whether it is because the therabreath mouthwash...

Or, because I used Neilmed before I go to school.

Anyone who can analyze it for me ?

Thanks, waiting online
sophia

Post by sophia »

Hi, guys ,please say something.

Don't be silent here.

We are friends and we understand each other,so don't be conservative and hesitate. Say what you want to say. You will feel better if you pour all the things out .
phineas

Post by phineas »

Hi sophia,

what did you do for your brushing on the days that were good? If i were you, i would try to do the exact same things as on the days that your breath was good. Also, i would stay away from therabreath. it did absolutely nothing for me. I don't use any mouthwash. I only use a very small amount of mint toothpaste and then scrape tongue and then brush tongue with water, no paste.

And then let me know how that turns out! I am considering ordering the nielmed, because i can tell that my PND has an affect on my bb.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi sophia,
I agree with all the advice given to you so far.
You mention that nasal irrigation tends to make your problem worse - fortunately i never had odours from my nose, but if i did and nasal irrigation caused my nasal odours to worsen, then this would lead me to further investigate the nose to determine WHY.
And if you are serious about getting to the root of your problem, as opposed to desperately trying to find some relief, you need to be more methodical and more constant, like NOT suddenly start using therabreath on your tongue in the middle of trying out a new nasal irrigation.
I know it's difficult, but over time the difference between ONLY scraping your tongue with a proper tongue scraper and using the most expensive and "effective" BB products on the market are practically ZERO. The less you mess about with the natural bacterial breeding ground of the tongue, the better. Its not the root of your problem, its merely a symptom. You'll want to reduce the anaerobic area as much as possible, but that's all. Anything else just forms a vicious circle, allowing BB mafia to get rich in the process.
Focus on finding out why you are getting odours from your nose, make an appointment to see an new ENT. Eventually you'll find one experienced enough who can at least offer an explanation where this nasal odour is coming from and hopefully deal with it.
In some cases (where there are dental causes for instance) the odours on the tongue alone are bad enough that they exit through the nose, but an ENT will be able to distinguish this from true nasal sources.
Forget diets for now and stick to the priority of most likely causes, as these probably do nothing more than increase hydration/salivation or thin the mucus of an already existing problem in the nose or sinuses. What we eat has a direct (and lingering) effect on oral bacteria (sugar/protein etc) and diet probably has nothing more to do with BB than this.
IM NOT DISMISSING THAT THERE MAY BE FAR MORE TO THIS PROBLEM FOR SOME, AND THAT BB MAY BE DUE TO FAR MORE COMPLEX REASONS, AFFECTED BY METABOLISM AND DIET etc - but just highlighting that its too easy to get depressed and lose sight of the fact that BB, even lifelong cases, are usually due to very basic and simple reasons, and until anyone discovers their own reason, its very hard to believe it.
sophia

Post by sophia »

phineas wrote:Hi sophia,

what did you do for your brushing on the days that were good? If i were you, i would try to do the exact same things as on the days that your breath was good. Also, i would stay away from therabreath. it did absolutely nothing for me. I don't use any mouthwash. I only use a very small amount of mint toothpaste and then scrape tongue and then brush tongue with water, no paste.

And then let me know how that turns out! I am considering ordering the nielmed, because i can tell that my PND has an affect on my bb.
Hi,phineas,

On the days that were good, I used Neilmed every evening and Crest mouth wash ( no alchohol). On the next day morning ,I only brush teeth and rinse with mouth wash. In the class,it is so good, and I feel good taste,no post nasal drip.

But the day before yesterday, I used Neilmed in the last night and then on the next day morning, I used again. This is to say that compared with the good days, I used one more time of Neilmed, and before I go to school. And,I used the therabreath toothpaste and mouthwash. I don't know why I use them. I just saw them and think use them and don't waste them. So, on my way to school, on the metro, I found that a girl rub her nose. Although I am not sure it is about me, I had bad feeling and intuition that maybe there are something wrong with me.

Then, in the class, the boy sitting in front of me rub his nose. Then two people sitting on my left rub their nose. The girl on my right didn't rub nose but eat gums one by one.

I want cry. Only three good days....God, only gives me three good days.
Do you know, how positive and happy am I in these three days?I made a future plan,and was so positive about my future. I felt greatly strengthened.
But,only three days, now, I need to kill my time just like kill myself.

Maybe these three days is illusion and wrong feeling.

I will never use therabreath. I think it must have some relation with the therabreath. It destroyed the right environment of bacteria.

Hope you can understand me, I am not native English speaker,and trying my best to make myself understandable.
sophia

Post by sophia »

halitosisux wrote:Hi sophia,
I agree with all the advice given to you so far.
You mention that nasal irrigation tends to make your problem worse - fortunately i never had odours from my nose, but if i did and nasal irrigation caused my nasal odours to worsen, then this would lead me to further investigate the nose to determine WHY.
And if you are serious about getting to the root of your problem, as opposed to desperately trying to find some relief, you need to be more methodical and more constant, like NOT suddenly start using therabreath on your tongue in the middle of trying out a new nasal irrigation.
I know it's difficult, but over time the difference between ONLY scraping your tongue with a proper tongue scraper and using the most expensive and "effective" BB products on the market are practically ZERO. The less you mess about with the natural bacterial breeding ground of the tongue, the better. Its not the root of your problem, its merely a symptom. You'll want to reduce the anaerobic area as much as possible, but that's all. Anything else just forms a vicious circle, allowing BB mafia to get rich in the process.
Focus on finding out why you are getting odours from your nose, make an appointment to see an new ENT. Eventually you'll find one experienced enough who can at least offer an explanation where this nasal odour is coming from and hopefully deal with it.
In some cases (where there are dental causes for instance) the odours on the tongue alone are bad enough that they exit through the nose, but an ENT will be able to distinguish this from true nasal sources.
Forget diets for now and stick to the priority of most likely causes, as these probably do nothing more than increase hydration/salivation or thin the mucus of an already existing problem in the nose or sinuses. What we eat has a direct (and lingering) effect on oral bacteria (sugar/protein etc) and diet probably has nothing more to do with BB than this.
IM NOT DISMISSING THAT THERE MAY BE FAR MORE TO THIS PROBLEM FOR SOME, AND THAT BB MAY BE DUE TO FAR MORE COMPLEX REASONS, AFFECTED BY METABOLISM AND DIET etc - but just highlighting that its too easy to get depressed and lose sight of the fact that BB, even lifelong cases, are usually due to very basic and simple reasons, and until anyone discovers their own reason, its very hard to believe it.
Hi,halitosisux

Yes, I'd ever use nasal irrigation once 1 year ago, and at that time, my situation get worse. I only use salt water and put the salt at random, and believe that more salt the better.

This time, I read in this forum and people said Neilmed is good, so I bought it and tried it. Actually, I didn't have post nasal drip anymore. I feel a good taste, and my husband said i don't have any smell.(I won't trust him any more). I had only three good days.

I say ENT, and took X ray. The doctor said my sinus is good , nothing wrong with it. I have minor Nasal septum deviation, but it is not serious.
He said every people have minor nasal septum deviation. if it dosn't affect breathing,it's ok. And he dosen't know the reason why I have nose ordor.
He just suggested me to rinse my nose with salt water.so I tried. As I mentioned above, the situation get worse.

After I read articles in this forum, I know maybe I irrageted my nose in wrong way because I put the salt at random. So, I bought Neilmed,and tried. Only three good days.

I have mouth ordor first and then develped nose ordor. In order to cure my mouth ordor, I took antiboitics. Unfortunately, I haven't cured my mouth ordor,but caused and developed nose ordor.

"The less you mess about with the natural bacterial breeding ground of the tongue, the better. "

Agree! I think my problem maybe due to that I always destroy the natural bacterial breeding ground. Maybe, my situation improved these three days, but I used therabreath,then the ground is totally detroyed and the bacterial went crazy.

Another thing I want to mention is that. I have ever had one month cure three years before. That month. every afternoon, I went to gym and did aerobics, sweating a lot. That month was great. I am pretty sure no ordor. very very sure. because I took part in many crowded activities.

So, Why I sometimes temporarily cured?? and why it can not be kept?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Sophia,
Thanks for that detailed reply,
I wish i could help you more with this issue relating to nasal odours, but as i said, i never had any nasal odours.
The only connection i can make is the fact that if the tongue odours become REALLY bad, then you would expect that odour to be expelled through the nose too. And the way you described the progression of your BB from your mouth to your nose, this sounds quite plausible.
Its really difficult to know whether or not to trust the conclusions your ENT gave you. But for now i dont think you have any other choice, your attention has to focus elsewhere.
I read all your posts and you say you have no dental issues.
Could your ENT detect any odours from your nose? or from your mouth?
Im curious.. this month of physical activity.. what came to an end first, was it your BB or your aerobics?
Have you been tested for stomach/esophegal abnormalities? Helicobacter?
Parasites??
Systemic illnesses - kidneys/liver/enzyme/thyroid??
Could you have some kind of lung problem?
What does your doctor think?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic