Your Email Address:

First Name:

Smell of fish after using sodium chlorite/salt/baking soda!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Smell of fish after using sodium chlorite/salt/baking soda!!

Post by DRASTIC »

HI All

I have a question and would like anyone to respond truthfully. No need to be afraid since we are all in the same position here.

Now we have bad breath which can be termed as chronic.

We have use almost evry product imaginable but still no luck.

I wonder if some of the product we are using are making this thing much worst than it already is.

Just to name a few?

Sodium chlorite: in Smartmouth, Retardex, Therabreath:
When I use it my bad breath explodes. And I end up with a fish smell to my breath and nose.

Next, baking soda and salt nasal rinse: Neilmed or your own.
The result I end up with a worst lingering fish smell to my breath.

Now it would be good if people who have had this experience share and let other know so not to make the same mistake. I recently used both and am now suffering the after effects of this.

PLEASE RESPOND AND LET OTHERS KNOW SO THEY CAN BE AWARE.

THANKS,

DRASTIC

katie
Junior

Post by katie »

I took caprylic acid on a few occasions, in an attempt to eradicate candida, and my ex-partner used to complain that I smelled of lamb!
Green
Junior

Post by Green »

Some products make bad breath even more terrible. Personally for me, without the therabreath toothpaste, my breath would smell even worse. Regarding Neilmed's nasal rinse...well...It doesn't really do that much (at first it helped...but it doesn't seem to be helping anymore).
yeagermeister
Junior

Post by yeagermeister »

Same deal here, all those products made my breath about 50 x`s worse.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Thanks for responding katie, Green and yeagermeister.

I think its good for people to speak up about rubbish products in the past which mad then worst. I think that if we could speak up and let others know then they could save themselves the time and money they spent on these products

I also think newcomers will find it helpful what helped others in the past and what made it worst.

I sometimes wonder if we would be better off with the basic toothpaste that we used to use in the past.

Thanks again for responding.

Drastic
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Fenugreek is the worst product I`ve tried so far.Not only did it make my bb smell more like shit it gave me a lot of extra pounds cuz of its steroidal property.Spirulina worked for my other health issues but it worsened my bb.Zinc gluconate cured my pnd but my bb started getting coughing reactions ever since.Other products will not be mentioned since I do not know if they made it worse or just plainly didn`t work.
anna.88

Post by anna.88 »

k focre products are crap.....i cant belive i have spend so much money on them.....if you dont know what im talking about its the there quote

"The KForce Breath Recovery Program is an ongoing treatment that fights the bacteria that cause bad breath and balances your mouth"

australian company...it gets u to make ur own mouthwosh...and it has tootpaste as well..each pack is round 80 $....it workes for 20 minutes n after that gives you this chemical smell.the worst

i also went to get tested in there office which cost me 250$
they know crap....nothing...they couldnt tell me crap...man i know more about bad brath then them ...........dont buy anything from them and spred the word around...lol...i want them to burn...
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Thanks for repsonding jc and anna.

jc. I tried the zinc gluconate products too and had been getting some coughing reactions and stares as well. I think its the zinc.

Sometime I wonder why even spend our money on these products because they make our breath 10 times worst. We neeed to save our money because some of us cant work because of this disease and money is hard to come by as a result.

Just my thought on it. I have gone back to basic cheap toothpaste because at the end of the day we are just making these people richer.

If they really wanted to help us they would come up with something better than zinc gluconate, chlorite, etc.

I hope newcomers are aware and know not to waste their money. Because times are gonna come when you look back and wished you hadnt bought that bottle of crap which made your breath smell like shit or fish.

Just my thought on things.

Drastic
daisyk
Total Newbie

Post by daisyk »

I used baking soda as a gargle for a while and it gave my breath a terribly fishy smell-I thought it was just me. I had to brush after using it to get the fish smell out, I couldn't use it last in my routine. I gave up on it though-don't think it really helped any. Zinc doesn't make mine worse, but it only helps for a few minutes.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Daisyk thanks for responding.

Its interesting you mentioned the baking soda. I used the baking soda rinse in my nose and my nose smelled like fished. I used a baking soda gargle and my mouth also smelled like fish also. When it happened I thought I was alone as well. I also thought I might have have it coming from my body but I overheard a child say your breath smells like fish. Then I realised it was just my nose and mouth after using the baking soda and sodium chlorite.

Thanks for responding and letting others know.

Sometimes we are doing more harm than good with these products.

Drastic
OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

I've always had an overpowering bad taste along with shitty breath so it's a bit difficult to get past the existing taste and smell to recognise any other smell after using a product.
What I am convinced of is that although hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash helps to reduce the bacteria, I think my overuse of it has reduced my sense of taste and smell.
I did notice a slight fishy taste/smell after using BS but it disappeared quite quickly - I think!! The same with Dioxirinse that I've just started using - a bit of an unusual smell yesterday (after my first time using it) but nothing today, that's not to say that the usual smell and taste have disappeared because they haven't, but my mouth feels a little fresher.

I wish I had someone to tell me the truth about my smelly breath instead of having to rely on the reactions of others.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Another thing I wanted people to be aware of is chewing gum.

I used to chew gum but when I do it my breath smelled worst. Almost as if i was feeding the bacteria. Well, i think I figured now why I must be feeding the bacteria.

I looked at the ingredients of hundreds of sugar free chewing gum and the main one is soybean lecithin.

You can read for yourself what it is. Here is an extract below.

[b]Lecithin is any of a group of yellow-brownish fatty substances occurring in animal and plant tissues, and in egg yolk, composed of phosphoric acid, choline, fatty acids, glycerol, glycolipids, triglycerides, and phospholipids (e.g., phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, and phosphatidylinositol). However, lecithin is sometimes used as a synonym for pure phosphatidylcholine, a phospholipid that is the major component of its phosphatide fraction. It may be isolated either from egg yolk (in Greek lekithos—ëÝêéèïò) or from soy beans, from which it is extracted chemically (using hexane) or mechanically.[/b]

Almost every gum is being made ffrom it now. So I dont chew gum anymore. Just sip water it better.
OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

Hi Drastic

I used to avoid chewing gum like the plague because it made my breath 100 times worse but since I've had my sinus infection treated and cleared out all the nasal cavities I've found that chewing gum has no adverse reaction on my breath.

My theory was that the chewing action dislodged mucos from the nasal cavities into the mouth. It could be that the mucos was already smelly or that once it hit the mouth the anaerobic bacteria got to work, but either way as long as I keep my nasal passages clear chewing gum no long bothers me.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi odourfree, Thanks for your reply.

Re: the chewing gum. Some contains soybean lecithin which people might be allergic to and not know. Soybean is a known allergen.
But you are very right it could be dislodgning mucus.

Re: Baking Soda. I think Baking Soda is bull shit. It does nothing. When I used baking soda it gives a clean taste and my mouth taste fresher.
But, When I left my room and went outside an overwhelming smell of fish came from my mouth. Even after brushing the smell was still there.

I am glad I am not the only person with this experience. It just goes to show these products are a waste of money.

DRASTIC
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

When I use baking soda, I can sense/taste/small a concentrated version of the smell at the back of my tongue for about 5 minutes after.

I'm not certain it's a bad thing. I think baking soda and salt (or sodium) has a way of bringing out odor. The odor clings to the sodium, and makes it more noticeable. If I rinse and spit very good I can rinse that away. If I swallow it, it might linger, but I don't feel like it's making anything worse, it's just a different sensation, I guess because of the reaction with sodium and bacteria. At least I can tell it does something.

Put it this way. I truly believe that while your mouth is dirty, you can't taste or smell anything. You don't notice smell until your mouth is cleaner.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic