Your Email Address:

First Name:

Visited Oral Surgeon today re wisdom teeth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

No such luck for me. My top wisdoms did not even show up on the X-ray. Bottoms were out at age 18. The dentist said I either had them out then or they don't exist.
I was crushed. My onset of bb started when I had the bottoms out.
She did however find 4 cavities and gums bleeding. Got a rx for amoxicillian. That I know is not my problem. Maybe the gums, but my teeth are so clean!!!!!
Maybe my first dentist really botched the bottom removal.
I am crushed. I was so excited about this possibly being "it", that I couldn't sleep last night.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi mindyb,
Well at least you know its not your wisdom teeth. Very strange how you remember having your bottoms out but not your top though, is it possible that wisdom teeth sometimes dont grow at all? its not something i was aware of.
Anyway, 4 cavities and some gum problems - you just never know.
I dont know much about your history, have you been seen by an ENT? is there anything else you suspect might be causing your BB? what other things have you managed to rule out?
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

I'm trying not to be upset, but I am. I really thought it was the link to my problem. Back to the drawing board.
Halitosisux, I am happy for you though, someone here deserves a break in misery!
I've seen numerous ENTs, Gastro docs, dentists, regular doctors, everything anatomically and physically is normal, or they can't find anything. I've had my tonsils out at age 21 to rid those stones which I thought back then was my problem. No stones, but still bb and a hell of a recovery from the tonsilectomy.
Back to the other thing, Acutane drug for acne. I also started this around my bb development. There is some info out there that it does cause bb. And IGA deficiency.
WHO KNOWS, but I am crushed! ](*,)
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

HI Mindy,

I am sorry for the problems.

I really hope you find your cure. Could the cavities be a possible cause?

Anyways, hopefuland blessed please come back and give us and update.

Drastic
hopefulnblessed

Post by hopefulnblessed »

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give an update. My gums are healing nicely and my mouth is still so much fresher. The fecal smell has not come back since the surgery. I don't feel 100% fresh all the time, but I know it is because I eat onions and spicy foods. I think I just get the regular breath that everyone would get from eating that stuff.

Even at night when I do brushing and flossing after eating all day, the floss doesn't have the awful smell it used to have when I would floss my upper left!!

I am so happy that I had my wisdom teeth removed!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

thx for the update Hopeful, grats on your success.

Jimi, how is it going?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Dont know how much better it is, if it is any better, the taste is better but I still get reactions, so this is not a cure for me at all.

I can still see deep pockets so I wil lhave to fix this somehow, with another visit to laser I think
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

FindAnswer wrote:After reading several posts, I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed last week. The bottom two were stitched closed and the top two are healing with the blood clots (I hope). My follow-up appt is later this week. I really hope that this works. I have had this problem since my early teens but I also failed to brush my teeth everyday and I don't remember actually brushing them properly when I did brush them. I do have one tooth left that is chipped down to the gumline on the outside of the tooth. I have been advised to get a root canal for it. I have another tooth that had a huge hole from most of the filling falling out.

I forgot to add that I had some gum tissue over one of the bottom teeth and that it grew slanted.

I can't wait until I can enjoy eating again after healing more from the extractions. Applesauce has been a friend of mine.
Any news?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Jimi wrote:Now I see the gums are not close to the teeth, so there is still deep pocket that I can go in with a toothpick.

Maybe it is healing and the pocket will close. I am not sure, but it that does not happen in 1 month I am pulling it out.

But I dont think this will be my cure, my cure will never happen. It felt so good for few days, I really was dreaming how my life will change and shit, but it is still the same shit.
jimi is this the only area where you suspect you have pockets or are there others too?
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

I had both my bottom wisdom teeth removed, it did nada for my breath
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi

Snoopsister,

when did you take out these 2 bottom wisdoms?

Recently or long ago?

Drastic
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

have you guys try deep cleaning?
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Got all of my wisdom teeth out this morning. I'll keep you updated.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi ithurts,

I got my top two wisdom teeth out last Wednesday, so I'd be interested to know how your healing compares to mine. Have you noticed any instant improvements or are you still tasting the blood clots? Apparently this taste/smell can last a few weeks, so that's pretty much all I can detect at the moment. I'd really like to know how you get on :)
Harry_2K
Junior

Extracted my upper wisdom tooth

Post by Harry_2K »

Hi,

I had my lower right wisdom tooth removed, 3 months back. No changes whatsoever.

After seeing all your posts, I decided to have my upper wisdom tooth removed, last week. Upper right was removed on Friday (13th of March) and my upper left was removed on Monday (16th of March).

I could see no change whatsoever. Terrible BB still exists. I have been put on antibiotics, pain killer and ranitidine. The antibiotic is preventing the white coating to form over my tongue. Otherwise, it's all the same with the smell that is coming out from my mouth.

The nose smells cheese at times and other times, looks normal. Not sure why.

Also, am not not sure on how to react (positive or negative). As far as I am concerned, it looks negative to me? or is that too early, I don't know.

Harry

[email protected]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic