First Name:

my kids suffer because I cant talk to them

Tell us your story with bad breath
meowkity1
Super Angel

my kids suffer because I cant talk to them

Post by meowkity1 »

lj
Last edited by meowkity1 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

phineas

Post by phineas »

I'm sorry kitty, and I feel your pain. The holidays are the worst, when everyone else is laughing and talking and having a great time, and not EVER thinking twice about their breath. But don't give up hope, and don't ignore your kid because of your condition. You need to find a way to keep him at pace with his peers. I know it's easier said than done, but it can be achieved. There are also volunteers that read to children who are at risk of falling behind. I know it's not ideal, but it's just a suggestion...just trying to be helpful. :)
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Just so everyone knows I did get my son help. He has a teacher that comes every week, and 1 day of school to help him with speech. I talk to him more from across the roo.
Its really hard though because I stated we go to school for his speech, but there are other parents there, and they sneeze and twitch, cough and make funny looks. I want to stop taking him so bad, but I know he needs to go.My son has aloot of ear problems, so we believe this has contributed,.. He just got tubes put in to help. But I am sure, the fact that I never hold him in my lap to talk or read, has affected him.Im always holding my breath. And sometimes he taps me to talk. And of course I blow him away. I have 2 yr and 9 yr and they both twitch sneeze and rub all the time. I cant believe my life has turned to this.
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

hey kitty, just curious, how did you manage to get engaged and how did you interact with your fiance if your case is so crippling?

its really sad your situation with your child and i hope you can find a solution or overcome your fears. you may need to reevaluate the effectiveness of the products you are using as well.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

To be honest I think it was my looks, and he put up with my for as long ah he could. We've been seperated for a long time.
I hate to brag but I am blessed with good looks. I am light to tan skinned, but my enthinicity is a total mixture. Peurto rican, Mexican, Blaack, White, and Indian. I have long hair, and green eyes. I attract men everywhere I go but. Bad F K B
Also back then the smell didnt go through my nose. That started happening it seems spring of 08 maybe sooner. I was able to manage it O.K. but I really didnt kiss him too much. We probably all do that. We say we're not kissers. Or we don't open our mouth fully. Knowing deep down inside you want to suck his face off. And other things. And another thing that was in my favor was hes in the military, He works in an office, and hes there all day. So when we had dates, I think he definately thought I was a little wierd. You know the stuff we do like go to the bathroom a dozen times to use whatever product it is that we have. Try to eat and drink so you don't have to talk. But then the food f**ks you up and sticks to the back of your tongue Or decide not to even eat even though your dieibg inside to eat every morsel. Or just try to make cute faces hoping he'll kepp talking. And sleep with your back toward him every single night, wich was a pain for me. And as I stated earlier I'm sure its the reason he left me. What was I going to do stand on the alter.He says you may kiss the bride. What do I do give him the ****ing cheek. I could just imagine the whole church wondering and knowing what that ****ing smell is. I can't even comprehend that my life has turned to this. People on this site talk about job interviews all the time, and Ive been avoiding the issue for 2 years. Well we did have a son. And the support is very well. I'll always wonder how it couldve been if I didnt have this curse.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

NyCconfused. My son is 2 in march. When I met his father it wasnt horrendouse yet. I definately noticed it got really bad while I was pregnant.I had gestational diabetes (pregnancy diabetes, for youmen). And I was eating alot of meat and dairy. Back then I didnt know about these things.Also very low iron. Mouth really dry. And I started to get a metalic taste. Thats when I turned chronic. I love to eat ribs, pork, sausage, steak, ham, eggs, milk, cheese. I didnt know I was setting myself up for disaster.My son was 9 ponds 3 ounces. I think he realized he couldnt live with me forever. I really dont blame him. I'm not sure I would either
Vivian

Post by Vivian »

Meowkity:

The way you're treating your kids seems a bit extreme and selfish!!!

It's one thing for all of us to become a bit antisocial and distant from people/adults, but it's another thing to push your own kids away because your fearful of what they'll say or think. They're kids......your kids....kids aren't stupid....just be honest with them and tell them that mommies going through an issue right now with her breath and you're working hard to reslove it. Let them know that your breath is going to be offensive to them from time to time but if they can help you out and let you know so you can wash up a bit.

This is just ridiculous...your kids should not be subjected to this.

From reading this post and some of your past post, you've mentioned several times about the color of your eyes and your ethnicity....okay great....so you're cute and trapped with bad breath....what the f*ck does that have to do with raising your kids properly??

I've never heard of such absurdity in my life. I've read tons of posts where wives would turn to their spouse and kids for comfort when the rest of the world had shunned them.

You're far to shallow and self absorbed with yourself.

Grow up, throw some fruity gum in your mouth, nasal spray down your throat...and get those kids to any after school programs and activies they need.

SELFISH!!!!!
carlos_bigsby

Post by carlos_bigsby »

Meow, Your post puts in a nutshell all the problems we have in every aspect of our lives. For some people, family members can't smell the breath because they have become accustomed to it from being around us all the time. Until we solve our problems, you need to try and be with your child. I know its difficult but he loves his mommy. We all support you and are here for you.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Vivian I only mentioned my ethnicity because NYCconfused asked how culd I have a boyfriend. I just assumed if I was ugly I wouldnt get any attention. Sorry I am not ugly. And if I was selfish I never wouldve got my son help, and I wouldnt be going to play groups and speech lessons, and ear doctors, and gong throught th torment of having a teacher come evevry week to be in a fog of my breath. I'm not a total mute, but I cant have that closeness, that we should have with our kids. My son loves to sleep with me , but alot of the time he turns his head even when my mouth is closed. And when I read to him he just runs.
The only reason I would be selfish is the fact that I brought 2 kids into this mess. Things are better. Hes been recieving help since SEp 08 and hes doing so much better. Not to mention that my son has a whole lot of ear problems, vestibular problems. I just know if I didnt have bb I couldve help him along better
CarlosBigsby thanks for being understanding, Vivian must not be chronic because its clear she doesnt understand.
That was very personal stuff about my son and I posted it for suppport, not to be shot down by someone
Thank GOD this is annominouse she wouldve called Child protective services lol Its O.K. Vivian I know you feel bad for my kids I do too
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Vivian, that part that I stated I blow him away, I ment my breath blows him away. I dont push him away. Just so you know
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Vivian youve been accused of being a spammer in the past, and I still think you are. Only Chronic hali sufferers could understand my pain.
OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

meowkity
I've always been of the opinion from your posts that you love your children very much and you are doing everything you can to help your youngest.
People on this site don't always explain their history and problems on one post but rather they are revealed a little at a time on different threads and probably never in the sequence that they have occured. By doing this I think our stories can appear a little disjointed to our readers. We don't have to reveal personal details on this site but sometimes we do it to explain our situation and the pain we are suffering. I think this is exactly what you have done - you wanted to demonstrate how much this bb problem is consuming you to the point that you consider that you were neglecting your children. At one point I thought you were blaming yourself for your child's inability to speak but you later revealed that he has hearing problems. As you know if a young child has problems hearing their speech development will be delayed because they cannot hear other people's words to repeat them. You must not blame yourself for your child's speech problem, just continue with your current course of action to help him improve.
I don't think there's one chronic bb sufferer who at some point does not allow this problem to take over their lives. I am one of them, and I have to keep reminding myself that there are other more important things in my life, such as my family. (I'd say friends too but I don't have many of them. lol) There are days I don't give a f**k about the gestures and comments about where the smell is coming from but then there are days when I do.

I know it's very hard to live a normal life with this problem but I get through it by knowing that one day I will be cured and on that day I will make a point of breathing over all those b*****ds that have hurt me, with fresh, clean breath. \:D/
Vivian

Post by Vivian »

Meow:

I apologies for my comments.....they were a bit harsh, but in reading your initial post....it really projected to me someone who is selfish since you stated in the subject that your 'kids suffer b/c you can't talk to them'.

I think with your bb issue this would be a perfect opportunity to sit down with your kids and discuss the issue that you have and how your working to resolve it. I think it can help your kids - especially the younger one - to understand that they can overcome almost any issue if they work hard in continuing to resolve any problems; and to not let life bully them around. You know...lead by example!!

~V
sharon
Junior

Post by sharon »

wow, obviously your "problem" is not that serious.
I can not even let a 70 years old very polished educated world famous female science professor bear me, understand this one kind of pain of human, how can you make kids "sit down and hear"? It's not about mind, it's about instinct, chemical reaction, period.
Vivian wrote:Meow:

I apologies for my comments.....they were a bit harsh, but in reading your initial post....it really projected to me someone who is selfish since you stated in the subject that your 'kids suffer b/c you can't talk to them'.

I think with your bb issue this would be a perfect opportunity to sit down with your kids and discuss the issue that you have and how your working to resolve it. I think it can help your kids - especially the younger one - to understand that they can overcome almost any issue if they work hard in continuing to resolve any problems; and to not let life bully them around. You know...lead by example!!

~V
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Thank you Sharon. I told you shes a spammer. She cant have it that bad. Ill say it again only chronic halipeople could understand what Im going through. There was a period where I gave up. I felt doomed. And my breath got worse and coating thick. But I found this site and its a new day. I am finally finding relief and you can find my whole regime in thread- arnica
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic