Your Email Address:

First Name:

What are some of the meanest thing people have said about yo

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

hey firebreath, do you not see anything wrong in the above comment? isnt it the same when "normal" people point to your BB and you point that someone is ugly? wouldnt it hurt both ways? having BB doesnt give you the right to call someone ugly, if you dont do it to the face, then its the same as when "normal" people talk about your BB at your back. you say BB made you a better person...
This is a worlds first for me, that I have publicly talked about him,and after 10 years too.And that guy at the supermarket , yes I did call him an ugly -u know what- in front of his face, it did not phase him one bit though.

as for that guy making the comment, i think it would be better if you voiced it out by saying that BB is mostly a medical condition instead of laughing it off, at least you'd be spreading some awareness there. cheers.
Do you seriously think he would care and would it make even a tiny bit of difference to him or anybody for that matter?
What approach did you take?

firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

Yes the language is appalling, but when its needed its needed. Search for someone called drastic on here if you like reading and commenting so much about it
Please count the number of lines directed towards you,I can hardly call it 'commenting so much'
Not quite sure why you are trying to lecture anyone on appalling behaviour
Now please , for the last time , it was the profanity and not the behavior or context.I have on been on other forums where even the littlest of profanity results in a closing down of an entire thread - that is all , I was surprised (bitterly) at what i saw.
when you found hopefulness's aggressive battery acid comments to someone else so hilarious you found it necessary to joke about.
well you could call it 'humor error' ,My intention was never to offend anyone,In fact the 'joke was directed towards hopefulInes in a sarcastic manner , but anyways, i think i have learned a lesson from that one.

Now,let be friends eh?
I've been BB free since I removed a wisdom tooth in 2009
glad to see that.

Did any body else in your family (apart from your mum) also have the wisdom tooth BB problem ?
And if you do that saliva test now does it (saliva) still smell despite you not having an BB?
Last edited by firebreath on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Do you seriously think he would care and would it make even a tiny bit of difference to him or anybody for that matter?
What approach did you take?
i dont seriously care what difference it would do to him if you voiced it out, what matters is our actions. its more than likely he deserved to be called ugly by hurting you on BB, but i find it bothersome when i read lines like "ugly people". its the same discrimination that BB sufferers endure, so lets not have double standards.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

I was on a plane about a year ago , I absolutely hate flying, but it was an emergency...I was sat next to this man ,about 40 years old,he did not speak much english,throughout the flight - a dreaded 8 hours - he was always coughing 'falsely' , one of the hostesses breathed out heavily on my neck - i felt very little indeed.

On the journey back,the plane was 3/4 full so lots of empty seats - great!.No one was sitting next to me , but in front was a smartly dressed man,he started talking to me,and shortly moved into the spare seat next to me.I was hoping he would go back to his own seat but no...After a few hours i thought great he cant smell me,but when the hostess done that spray thing (just before the plane lands in europe) he said :
"something really smells bad here,it really stinks,its like someone has eaten something rotten,I wish i could open that window next to you..." - he had been sat next to me for about 4 hours , he always had the option to move to his own seat - but never did...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

firebreath,
nobody else in my family had the same problem I had with my wisdom tooth.
My mum had BB for years with nasal problems that caused a lot of (clear) PND. She never had very good teeth or good oral hygiene and a few years ago had to have all her teeth out and since then her breath is clean like a baby's breath.

If I do the saliva (lick wrist) test, I still get a small amount of odour. My mouth feels neutral neutral, compared to before where it felt like it was inflammable and would ignite if I breathed on a naked flame. Also, my tongue no longer smells the way it did. The only exception to this is in the mornings, where there is always a very slight odour.
exume
Advanced
bb

Post by exume »

ha you guys i live in the hood/ghetto im african american you can imagine what they say here its all about assumption if you stink here you will be tormented i also suffer from body odor

damn nuggas dont brush their teeth

how could you come to skool smelling like that

damn smell like a dead body

its more than that
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ halitosisux,My mum had all her teeth taken out too when she was in her 30's , she too had really bad teeth according to her (it was done before i was even born) .She is in her eighties now and still lives in my household and has been wearing dentures for as long as i can remember, In all of my life (41 years) I have never smelt anything from her mouth!

My nephew had really bad teeth (too much sugar candy) at the age of 5 and all were taken out.The thing is that his breath smelt BEFORE his teeth were taken out and AFTER the operation there was no BB.
According to my dentist my teeth are fine,I am wondering if there is a tooth that is causing my BB?
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ exume ,
here you will be tormented i also suffer from body odor
Are you absolutely sure you have both BB and BO?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes, its hard when we can clearly see a perfect set of teeth in the mirror and dentists repeatedly tell us nothing is wrong with our teeth, but the one thing that can so easily cause a stink in your mouth is your teeth and gums. When you think about teeth, literally bones that poke out through our skin, prone to problems, disease and infection, sitting in a bath of bacteria and constant nutrients that feed them, its any wonder how anyone manages to stay BB free. Most people end up with a spell of BB at some point in their lives because of something dentally related. Whatever biological function that managed to keep that person BB free up to that point no longer able to manage it.
I know its insulting to most people on here to mention teeth, and nothing would infuriate me more than having to read or hear about bad breath being relating to teeth, but its important to always keep an open mind on every cause.

If only there were an easy method to find out, other than pulling teeth out -such as temporarily covering the teeth and completely sealing them off from the mouth, some kind of gel or silicone. Aydinmur?

I know there are plenty of other causes of BB apart from teeth, but most issues are temporary and usually have other clear symtoms, with BB only a secondary symptom.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Most bad breath doesn't come from teeth. Teeth do not produce bad breath, and they are not "bone that sticks out". Teeth are covered by enamel and sealed by gum. And as far as bacteria are concerned, they are usually controlled by the antibacterial substances in saliva, so it should not be any wonder that most people do not have bad breath. If bad breath is present, it has to be a symptom of something that is wrong somewhere. There are many underlying causes for BB. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the teeth.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Most bad breath doesn't come from teeth.
Dental problems are the most common cause of chronic bad breath.
Teeth do not produce bad breath
Teeth themselves most certainly can cause bad breath - but I wasnt specifically referring to teeth themselves, I meant dental causes in general.
they are not "bone that sticks out"
Oh come on, you know what point I tried to make.
Teeth are covered by enamel and sealed by gum.
Yes, perfectly healthy teeth will be, but its when problems with enamel and gum appear, as they often do, that breath problems can start to appear.
And as far as bacteria are concerned, they are usually controlled by the antibacterial substances in saliva, so it should not be any wonder that most people do not have bad breath.
Yes bacteria are controlled by saliva in various ways, and when everything is normal this natural system works very well to keep odours from building up and to maintain a healthy oral ecology. Yet everyone has a certain amount of 'background' odour and bad breath from time to time, and it doesnt take much for this background odour to pass over a certain threshold and start to become perceivable to others.
If bad breath is present, it has to be a symptom of something that is wrong somewhere.
Yes, usually dental problems, but there are of course many problems that affect the oral ecology, or produce their own odours that directly cause the breath to smell.
There are many underlying causes for BB. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the teeth.
Yes, there are many underlying causes of BB and most of the time its due to dental problems.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Halitosisux,
That was quite a quick response to my post. And I admire the way you take my message apart, sentence by sentence. That's what a lawyer would do (I've seen it in court).
But impressive as it is, it does not disprove what I said. I would say that no more than 10% of bad breath is due to problems with teeth. I have known people with bad teeth, bridgework, root canal, receding gum lines and any number of fillings, not to mention layers of plaque, and you know what? - they didn't have bad breath!
I would say that 90% of BB is due to an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria in the mouth and there is a whole bunch of underlying causes for that, only one of which is - and here it comes (drumroll please) - the teeth.
BTW, I really hate to be in disagreement with you, but in this case I just felt I had to. I hope we can still be friends.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Phantasist, I'm not trying to disprove or disagree with anyone, I'm merely stating the facts as I understand them to be. I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone.

Every situation is different. Not every dental problem will lead to bad breath, and yet for some, even the slightest dental problem will lead to bad breath. This is fact - some people may simply be more susceptible to having this type of BB than others.
But there is absolutely no doubt at all that tooth decay or a poor filling, crown, root canal etc CAN cause BB - this isnt at question here.

Yes maybe 90% of BB is due to what appears to be an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria in the mouth/on the tongue. But how does anyone know for sure that its not the bacterial activity elsewhere in the mouth, body or nose etc that produces odours that find their way onto the tongue surface. TMAU sufferers usually have bad breath. Trimethylamine is present in most of their bodily secretions, including their saliva. This is bound to cause the tongue to smell. If we didnt understand the mechanisms of TMAU we would WRONGLY assume this odour on the tongue must be produced on the actual tongue surface itself, just because we know the tongue to be a natural bacterial breeding ground. That's how easily such incorrect assumptions could be made.

The reason why we're discussing the teeth is because of what I observed to happen with my mum. Firebreath has also observed a very similar occurance, directly relating teeth and bad breath together.

BTW, even dentures that arent thoroughly disinfected each day can cause the breath to smell the moment they are put into the mouth. These same teeth dont smell much outside the mouth, but as soon as they are in place inside the mouth, the breath starts to stink. So as long as anyone has teeth, they are always a potential cause of BB - that's all I'm trying to say really.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Dental problems are the most common cause of chronic bad breath.
I must disagree, if that was so easy, then there would not be so many people suffering and wondering. It is not hard to take care of one's teeth - proper flossing and brushing. If someone has BB due to dental problems, then I must say they fail it somewhere. When I had BB, i had not had any cavities for years. I dont consider BB caused by teeth chronic, because it is caused by our neglect and not by problems we cant figure out.
Yes, there are many underlying causes of BB and most of the time its due to dental problems.
If that was true, why would this site even exist? It is easy to check one's dental problems and BB coming from teeth. It is also easy to take care of teeth.
If bad breath is present, it has to be a symptom of something that is wrong somewhere.
Fully agree!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You've both failed to understand me. I'm not talking about obvious dental situations. Millions of people in the world go around completely oblivious to their own BB and have blindingly obvious dental reasons behind it. But I'm talking about hidden problems that might be getting overlooked. OF COURSE everyone on here has ruled out obvious dental causes and that everybody has the most impeccable oral hygiene.

But yet you would also think that everyone on here would have ruled out helicobacter, but we still see time and time again on here, even people who've been around on here for years, who still havent ruled it out. But anyway...

I'm referring to the potential for dental problems that CAN cause BB that could be going undiagnosed. Look back and read the story that archimonde showed us, for example, about the person on the french forum who had chronic BB for years, and it was through the use of a special technique that a particular tooth was identified to be causing their BB. This person was apparently a person who'd spent years on that forum and tried EVERYTHING there is to try. I cant remember what the technique was, some kind of special spray I think it was. I'm not just referring to the teeth - normal gum depth is meant to be less than 3mm. There are people who might have much deeper than this and not even know it. That in itself can be a cause of BB and you'd never even know it. Read what 'searching' does with his gum irrigations, and he's managing to control his bad breath and has done for over a year now apparently.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic