Your Email Address:

First Name:

What are some of the meanest thing people have said about yo

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

But I'm talking about hidden problems that might be getting overlooked
Halitosisux, thanks for the response. What in your opinion are those hidden problems, except for the wisdom teeth? I have always considered it easy to identify dental causes, if BB comes from teeth to me is just a matter of simple rubbing the nearby area, or smelling the floss, putting the finger there and such...

I dont deny there are people who have gum/teeth issues, but I find it strange they wouldnt know thats where the BB comes from, and take appropriate actions, thus I would not normally expect such people to be here and suffer from not knowing what to do. Thus I would be very surprised if someone suffered from BB for years and years to only find out it was caused by teeth (with all respect to your wisdom tooth problem that you resolved).

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stressedout, all I know is that dental problems that can cause BB DO sometimes get overlooked by dentists.

I dont know if its because of poor training for BB (the subject of BB isnt even part of a dentist's training apparently)

You cant totally rely on rubbing the gums because if your mouth already smells bad then its going to be difficult to reliably find any problem areas.

When you think of 3mm depth its a hell of a lot of anaerobic area, and yet 3mm is considered normal. Have a read back through 'searching's posts.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ halitosisux ,
My brother had BB , He is a lot older than I am and I cannot ask him what he done to 'cure' it , we do not see eye to eye these days so I cannot confirm if it was a real 100% cure.And like I said in another post, his son had it till he had all his teeth extracted at the age of 5.
I do not wish to ramble on too much but I am suspecting maybe there is a tooth or teeth that may be causing my problem.I do not have tonsil problem or nasal problems (as far as i know) .

Can you kindly answer these questions...?

I have no problems with my tonsils as such,but,is there an easy DIY way of checking if they are good or bad?

Before your mother had her teeth extracted,did u at any point suspect your wisdom tooth? For example , was it bleeding or painful or just smelly when u flossed?

Again before your mum had the operation ...You must have seen the dentist many times,did they ever suspect a dental problem (not a BB) with any of your teeth and was it them that recommended you have them extracted?

Why did you pinpoint wisdom tooth for the extraction? and if the BB had continued afterward , would you have extracted other teeth?

sorry for these questions,but you appear it be the perfect person for help on these...

BTW - my dentist says my teeth are fine , no wisdom tooth problems and yes he too says he cannot smell anything...
My BB has been around ever since i have known - about 5-6 years age.

many thanks...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi, the only thing I know about tonsils is that they have small holes called crypts. There seems to be a correlation between bad breath and having smelly tonsils. I think tonsils smell as a direct result of having bad breath, not the other way round - except if the tonsils are actually infected and you have tonsillitis and accompanying fever pain and swelling. So in other words if you dont have symptoms of tonsillitis, then there's actually nothing wrong with your tonsils (as my understanding goes).

If you get a cotton bud and use the tip to push the tonsils around, you'll be able to see any crypts and see whether there's any stones inside them. Smell the end of the tip. If you dont regularly notice a very strong pungent smell when you do this, then you probably dont have any issues with your tonsils regarding foul discharges and formation of tonsils stones.

Until my mother had her teeth out, I was convinced that I must have some kind of inherited biological disorder that was causing my BB and hers. She'd had BB all her life and as far as I was concerned, so had I. When she had her teeth out, I realised I'd made a totally incorrect assumption on this. A few years before this I had my tonsils removed. They were very smelly and required cleaning out every day. One side was much worse than the other. Then by total chance I started prodding around and realised what a stench was pouring out from the gum around a particular wisdom tooth. I'd never noticed this before because I'd never put my fingers back there before. I was used to the smell and taste inside my mouth. I simply didnt notice what was going on back there because my whole mouth generally felt like sewage. I had no other symptoms from this tooth, except a constant low grade dull aching in my jaw which I never really noticed or was ever affected by. Once I'd started messing about with this tooth, poking syringes into the pockets of gum to try to irrigate it etc, I had a few occasions where I developed very deep painful gum infections. These resolved after a few days by itself, simply by leaving it alone. This was my only symptom really.

My dentist told me in my early 20s that I should eventually have these bottom wisdom teeth out and that this would need to be done in hospital. He took my upper wisdom teeth out in his surgery. I ended up leaving these bottom teeth in for years, not having any idea what one of them was doing to my breath. Then, over the course of many years, I visited a number of different dentists asking if they could see anything wrong in my mouth that could be causing bad breath. Not ONE of them even mentioned the obvious BB-causing situation with my wisdom teeth.

I only suspected my wisdom tooth because of the odour coming from it. Had the removal of this tooth not cured my BB, then I would have had no reason to suspect any other dental problems, and probably just forgotten all about teeth.

If nobody can smell your BB, then you probably dont have BB. Halitophobia is very real. Remember that halitophobics will have reason to think they have BB exactly as you do. Halitophobia can be triggered in people because they've been made conscious of certain things which they would otherwise not have become conscious of. Tongue coatings, tongue odours, odour of saliva etc. None of these actually mean a person has bad breath, but when you suspect you have BB and become fixated then you'll find every way you can to convince yourself that you do have BB.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ halitosissux , thanks for that detailed answer.
I have been told that i smell , and if i am in my bedroom at home - without a window open , my older kids usually make a joke about the smell in the room.
I definitely do have it though sometimes i get reactions other times i do not.
One really funny (i find it funny) reaction or gesture is when people start to yawn , seriously (no joke) when i am around.
I laugh inside thinking ' i have'nt even said a word and i am boring them to death!'...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

YW firebreath.

If you are filling rooms with odour, then its probably nothing to do with any dental problem, directly.
I think most people on this site either have something wrong inside their nose/sinuses which doctors dont want to get involved with, or have developed or always had a form of TMAU/secondary TMAU or other enzyme related disorder. This is of course assuming that common digestive issues, intolerances, helicobacter, constipation, ridiculous diets etc are already all ruled out and that everyone has had liver tests/kidney tests thyroid tests and arent suffering from any dehydration or allergies.

Read about people who can stink a whole room out when they sneeze - doctors cant find anything wrong with them, but there could be a connection to this and what some of the people on here are experiencing. Maybe they are lucky and only release odour when their sinuses open up when they sneeze. There has to be a simple explanation for it.
I've known so many people in my life with BB, some with horrific BB, and never known a single one to stink a room out, or even begin to stink a room out. It cant be because I cant smell it, because I can smell their breath very well.

I used to have a friend who on certain days has no BB whatsoever, and next day would almost knock you over with his breath. He was always bunged up nasally and said he'd had a lot of sinus problems in the past.

Dont know about the yawning. People always yawn. People always cough, sneeze and make all kinds of natural movements. Its too easy to make such associations when you are feeling paranoid about your breath.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

halitosisux,Again a big thanks for such detailed responses,How do you find the time for all this..?

Stinking out a room is not uncommon (in my opinion) , i mean , any smell good or bad - no matter how little pungency it may have , will eventually have that smell or at least a hint of it in that room.

At my last employer,I worked in a separate office (thankfully) , but i had to give some paperwork to my boss at the end of the shift.At least 4 or 5 times in about 6 years did that office have a morning breath smell (from a normal person breathing) and it was a big office with 3 women working in it,and it has been the same with some other places I have worked at.The smell was tolerable but not pleasant by any means.

People here complain about their breath being that bad it stinks out a room,But,i think even the slightest hint of BB will stink out a room in minutes if a window or door is not open to let the smell out.

Because of this,I seldom sit downstairs in my living room and usually relax in my chill out room upstairs,at least,if someone comes in to the house , they won't complain about the smell.

At the same place at work,I had to train a new guy,an old fella,nice guy.But guess what he had BB , i could smell it from about 2 meters away.What was interesting was it was not the usual morning breath but really smelly breath,however,on some days he would never smell.I did not have the courage to ask him what he had done so not to offend him.I am beginning to think that maybe sometimes mine does not smell too?

keep up the good work mate... =D>
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ halitosisux , lookin thru the other posts in this forum it mentions u as a "She" , just so that i know how to address u - r u a HE or a SHE?

thanks,
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Lol I'm too horrible to be a she.

Yes, odours can be quite mysterious. Someone who knows the science behind it all would probably be able to explain all of this very easily.

I think its a bit like noise. Different sounds have different characteristics, depending firstly on the medium in which they travel in. Also, we all have different sensitivities to different sounds. There is also background noise and the way that the brain works and how it can be tricked and fooled like any other of our senses.

But its good to discuss and hear other's opinions. Personally I've never come across anyone with BB who stinks a room out, except for a few occasions where I've slept in the same house as a person who drinks too much alcohol and when they get seriously drunk the house next morning smells like death. I think the liver does this when its close to organ failure, dealing with this self-inflicted poisoning. I dont know whether this odour comes out of the lungs or the skin, but it lingers.

I think BB that comes from typical oral causes will have different lingering characteristics to odour that comes out of say the lungs or from an area of infection. I have no idea why. Its probably all to do with volatility. The odour of strong BB from the tongue causes such problems because the chemicals involved are so volatile (means they evaporate easily into gas) but it also might explain why they dont linger or travel as far as we imagine them to.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ halitiosisux,

when my tongue is yellowish white then it really smells,however
when i brush my teeth and use an alcohol free mouthwash, afterward scraping my tongue clean,i find that my tongue does not smell at all - sometimes for many hours and my saliva is not so smelly either again after as many hours.my tongue is pinkish red.

is there any relevance to this,as i thought like many here ,their tongues return to normal (yellowish white) after just 15-20 minutes or even less?
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

*Skips pass all the bickering*

Back to the topic ... :)

- "who's farted"
- "Someone needs to wash their mouth out with detergent"
- Ive had someone sit there with their finger to their nose while I've been speaking to them
- While talking to a customer, they've taken a step back!
- I've had strangers offer me chewing gum.

The list is endless and it will continue to grow - The worst story from someone else I've heard is that a guy in a club said to them "You have the worst breath I have ever smelt! That's so f**king rude. I've never had anyone be that blunt and upfront.
Last edited by findacure on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

The worst story from someone else I've heard is that a guy in a club said to them "You have the worst breath I have ever smelt! That's so f**king rude. I've never had anyone be that blunt and upfront.
rude bastard - FU*K them all and breath BB on em all day
deebo

Post by deebo »

firebreath wrote:
The worst story from someone else I've heard is that a guy in a club said to them "You have the worst breath I have ever smelt! That's so f**king rude. I've never had anyone be that blunt and upfront.
rude bastard - FU*K them all and breath BB on em all day
Yes. Its terrible to have folks tell us ,but does it not also feel bad /worse to
have it unsaid and 'hanging in the air' (no pun) forever ?
Sometimes I just want to ask people when they rub their nose or cough ,"is it my breath ?" and Get It Over With . After all ,there is much we are the Drs have figured out ,aside from a mask .
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

At this point for me I would welcome someone to be blunt and honest with me. It drives me insane that I had not 1 single person so far be honest with me.

My breath problem is one that really does stink up a room. The first day I got it I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw other peoples reactions. When I was sitting in a starbucks that was in a mall so it had open entrances and not enclosed at all, there were some people sitting behind me and I could hear them mutter phrases like "disgusting". Literally 15 feet in front of me a group of people were holding their hands up to their noses. That same day I overheard one of my friends say to his girlfriend "his breath still smells like shit".

A few days ago I went to a korean bbq restaurant with my friends and as we were starting to grill our meat one of the waitresses brought a shitload of garlic. I mean a big ass plateful and started spreading it on the grill. I've been to plenty before I had my problem and this was a first so it's not a normal thing to do. So I know my smell is so bad it stinks up entire rooms easily.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

being told I haven't wiped my ass multiple times is the worst for me.

Yea right

A guy who showers twice a day, brushes 3 times a day doesn't wipe his ass....

I felt like dying when I was told to check the toilet paper after wiping.

cunts
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic