Your Email Address:

First Name:

Why is alcohol bad for bad breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Michael123

Why is alcohol bad for bad breath?

Post by Michael123 »

Hi everyone,

People say alcohol is bad for bad breath. Why is this really? Is it because it's full of sugar? Or is it because it dries the mouth out too much? I really need an answer to this one. But I don't think I could give it up aswell. I've already had to give up chocolate and other things.

asd
Master

Post by asd »

Well its bad because it dries your mouth out. Avoid alcohol containing mouthwashes at all costs. Also the sugar wont help. Lots of alcohol itself can put the smell on your breath, especially beer. I notice a fair few good breath people get a slight odour on their breath after drinking, so it basicly worstens your breath from my experiances, which can include making an unpercievable level of odour increase to a noticible level.
fedenon

Post by fedenon »

levadura and sugar, for me is candida.
I have a white tongue.
\:D/
i dont speak english...
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

I'm certainly not an expert but I think it's because it kills bacteria, both good and bad.

You know how in movies when they get cut and they pour vodka on the wound to stop it getting infected? Maybe drinking alchol or using mouthwash does the same thing. It kills ALL bacteria... Bad AND good. And since you probably have more bad bacteria than good it just makes things worse.

That's my opinion anyway :|
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Even beyond that, alcohol goes thru a complex digestion process to break down alcohols, it's bound to effect the entire digestive system, and disrupt it from normal function. For people like us, that's going to have a huge effect. Alcohol is also acidic, and probably prevents proper digestion even before alcohol os absorbed into the bloodstream. Any food you eat will probably not be digested properly, as the enzymes are trying to protect the stomach from the alcohol, probably generating more mucous as well.

Just a guess though. Alcohol seems to be the worse thing I could take, along with sugar and and fatty fried foods. Alcohol just ills my entire system, it's very evident whenever I drink.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic