Your Email Address:

First Name:

dentist said use listerine (bastard)

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
meowkity1
Super Angel

dentist said use listerine (bastard)

Post by meowkity1 »

Today was my worst day at the dentist in my whole life.Even though I have been to dentist with worst breath than today, I was really emtional today. When I got in there, I said please just give me xrays and an d and exam, I do not want my teeth cleaned. Its not possible for them to be dirty, I brush too damn much.The heigenist insisted, I started covering my mouth and crying saying I did not want to put her through misery. Since I walkd in the building, everyone was sneezing and coughing, looking and comments like(whats that smee) did you fart). At first she got angry and said I would have to reschedule my whole appointment for xrays. They already had everything set up so I was so pissed. Finally they agreed to just do exrays No cavities(not surprised). After she was over being mad I didnt get teeth cleaned she bacame really supportive telling me to gargle with salt water. I said thats not going to kill the bacteria. The dnetist walked in and asked whats wrong. I was crying and covering my mouth and I saidI dont want my teeth cleaned I have halitosis, I m not going to make that woman suffer. But I agreed to open my mouth for exam
Now my son and I always go together. He went first, When he was done getting teeth cleaned the dentist came in to do exam, He checked his teeth 1 by 1
Back to me. I agreed to open my mouth for exam he di not check mines 1 by 1 like my son. I had my mouth open 3 seconds and he said things look great. Then his dumb ass said try some listerine. I was in toal shock. These ****ing dentist dont have any clue about halitosis. The heigenist knew more about it than he. When I told her I was using arnica , she agreed that was a good idea and she knew some about it. The hygenist was so sweet talking to me about God and we all have it hard due to financial crisis. She was sweet but then she said this can be a psychological matter. Oh is that why your rubbing your nose even though you have that mask on. I insisted they give me chlorohexidine, in which they gave me a perscription and a whole bottle in person. I was relieved. I went to check out and thee girl at the window said I should lift my head Im too pretty to have my head down and my low selfesteem would rub off on my son( no ahrm done). I said with my mouth covered. As soon as I wak out of here I will hold my head high. Wich I did.
My point to this story is that I am flabbergasted that the dentist would tell me to use listerine, they even suggested that if its coming through my nose Im probably coming down with a cold( so I guezz Iv been coming down with a cold for all these years) There is something so wrong with this picture. How could a dentist tell me to use something that in all actuality would make my breath worst. I woouldve felt better if he wouldve said use breatrx since i ve hears thats the dentists cure. Maybe there just isnt enough people who suffer. Iv only come acrooss 1 other person in my whole life. It was a chinese boy, I walked by him and I smelt a mixture of poop and mint. That must be how I smell. Poor boy. Poor all of us.

lolalola
Junior

Post by lolalola »

I know that you are angry and I would want to rip the mofo's heart out if he said that to me. I hate them for just dismissing us like that! If it was so simple why would someone sit there and cry in a dentist office! I feel so bad for you and your son who has to witness that. I feel bad for anyone who has to reach out like that and then be shot down like we are all liars and its all in our heads or its so simple just use Crest! The only place I open up is on this board because the very few times i have reached out to doctors, I was dismissed and told it was all in my head while I have suffered for 30 years.
OdourFree
Junior

Post by OdourFree »

meowkity

There's no better place than a dentist's surgery to let out all your frustrations about this - maybe they'll sit up and take notice. Just last week I got really angry with my dentist over something and he's now falling over himself to help me.

As for Listerine, I hate the stuff, it's foul. It's for people who DO NOT suffer from halitosis, just those who want a quick freshen up. As someone else mentioned previously, it was the manufacturers of Listerine that created the "chronic halitosis" idea. No-one cared about bb before Listerine came on to the market. Now wouldn't that be the ideal life for us all.

Keep talking meowkity because there's plenty of people on this forum ready to listen.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

OdourFree wrote:meowkity

There's no better place than a dentist's surgery to let out all your frustrations about this - maybe they'll sit up and take notice. Just last week I got really angry with my dentist over something and he's now falling over himself to help me.

As for Listerine, I hate the stuff, it's foul. It's for people who DO NOT suffer from halitosis, just those who want a quick freshen up. As someone else mentioned previously, it was the manufacturers of Listerine that created the "chronic halitosis" idea. No-one cared about bb before Listerine came on to the market. Now wouldn't that be the ideal life for us all.

Keep talking meowkity because there's plenty of people on this forum ready to listen.
Lol dont blame Listerine for people not accepting people w bad breath. I have bb and i talked to this other guy that has bb and it was aful experience. I couldnt look at him streight in the eyes while he talked and when he talked to the side of me i could still smell his breath even though he wasnt even talking looking at me. I felt bad for him and i prolly understood his problem better than anyone else BUT honestly i hated talking to him.

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR US, and i know that Listarine was the first one to start with the commercials but.... Honestly can you blame the people for not enjoying the smell that smells like someone farted.
Clementine
Total Newbie

Post by Clementine »

meowkity1, I feel you pain. I get so emotional when I have to talk about my bb. I'm so ashamed of it and so frustrated by it that I start crying when I just think about it. The only people I have confided in about my bb is my dentist and doctor. Neither of them have helped me though my doctor has tried. She ordered all kind of tests for me including upper and lower GIs but all the tests came back negative.

Listerine does not any give me even one moment of relief. It's a total waste of money and time if you really have bb.
Clementine
Total Newbie

Post by Clementine »

bbsux wrote:
OdourFree wrote:
Lol dont blame Listerine for people not accepting people w bad breath. I have bb and i talked to this other guy that has bb and it was aful experience. I couldnt look at him streight in the eyes while he talked and when he talked to the side of me i could still smell his breath even though he wasnt even talking looking at me. I felt bad for him and i prolly understood his problem better than anyone else BUT honestly i hated talking to him.
I know what you mean. That's how our friends, coworkers and people we come in contact perceive us. That's why I'm most comfortable when I'm home alone.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

It just goes to show how bad this problem is. We suffer from halitosis and when we smell the same from another we are disgusted just like everyone else.
Speak_no_evil

Post by Speak_no_evil »

meowkity1, you should knocked the listerine and all the rest of his stuff off the table and walked out! But I'm glad you didn't.

They make me sick. Some doctors and dentist act so high and mighty. The nurses and hygienist do seem to often display more knowledge and sympathy.

I had a nurse tell me my tonsils were inflamed and swollen. The doctor comes behind her and says she didn't see anything, i told her what the nurse said. She says "Well, she isn't a doctor."

I cry too. I've been crying all week. I used to think they're weren't enough people who suffer through this, but this forum is not small. Not considering the problem.

I try to not make a big deal when I come across othes with BB. Truth be told I kind of get happy. Misery loves company I guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic