Your Email Address:

First Name:

I HAVE BEEN FIRED TONIGHT. JUST NOW

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DRASTIC
Sheriff

I HAVE BEEN FIRED TONIGHT. JUST NOW

Post by DRASTIC »

HI ALL,

I AM CRYING AS I WRITE THIS. SO BEAR WITH ME AND ANY SPELLING MISTAKES.

I HAVE BEEN DOING A TEMP JOB FOR 4 WEEKS NOW.

I WASNT IN MONDAY OR TODAY BECAUSE I GOT A HEAVY CHEST COLD AND BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH CHEST PAIN.

WELL, THE AGENCY CALLED ME JUST NOW 5 MINUTES AGO TO SAY THEY HAVE CUT BACK AN ALL TEMP WORKS AND THAT INCLUDES ME.

SO, NOW I DONT HAVE A JOB. WAS TOLD TO BRING IN UNIFORM ETC.

JUST TODAY DURING DAY AGENCY ASKED ME IF I COULD MAKE IT IN ON WEDNESDAY I SAID YES, I COULD I FELT BETTER.

NOW AT 9:15PM AT NIGHT THEY CALLED ME UP TO SAY DONT BOTHER COMING IN TOMORROW.

-----------------------------------------------------

MY OPINION, IS THATTHE OFFICE STAFF HAVE BASICLY COMPLAINED ABOUT THE ODOUR BAD BREATH AND NASAL ODOUR AND THEY JUST DECIDED TO FIRE ME BUT MADE IT SEEM LIKE THEY HAVE CUT BACK ON STAFF.

BASICLY I GOT FIRED FOR HAVING BB SOMETHING I CANNOT CONTROL

DRASTIC

IS THERE ANY JUSTICE IN THE WORLD.....

DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

To add to my long list of problems,

The agency decided to cut my final week pay.

They have decided to shorten my hourly pay even though the previous week I was getting a set amount.

WHAT THE ***k IS HAPPENING ALL AROUND ME.

THEY FIRED ME AND NOW THEY WANT TO TAKE MY PAY.

****ing BASTARDS.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Hi Drastic,
I'm very sorry this happened to you. :cry: This made me immotional and angry too.

Maybe these bastards may think they can do it to you and you'll go away.
NO,THEY ARE WRONG!!!!!!
Drastic, IMHO,
Yon can't leave live it like that.
If I were in UK, I would go there with you and demand explanations.
All means are good to protect your rights in this situation.There should be a Labor Board or some kind of organization, so you can complain about being fired.Let them know that you won't leave this issue and will adress it in the appropriate place.I also had some issues with my employer,who was withhoalding more than he was allowed from my paycheck and didn't want give it back to me.As soon as I told him I'll go to the Labor Board, the issue was settled.

I THINK DISCRIMINATION ON THE GROUND OF HEALTH ISSUE LIKE BB IS NOT DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER KIND OF DISCRIMINATION.

Under circumstances where they call you in the morning and ask to come to work and in the evening they fire because of cut backs.Everybody,would understand what the real thing is.

DRASTIC i HOPE THERE'S A GOOD ATTORNEY TO CONTACT,SO YOU can get a compensation for being discriminated and bring the issue of discrimination on the ground of BB.
Last edited by viva on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
asd
Master

Post by asd »

The thing is; its near impossible to prove thats the reason Dras was fired. As for the wage thing, the legal costs will be much higher than the winnings.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

I don't know if i mentioned it or not, but my bb is almost gone now, and last week when I was working with my manager, he came close to me and started sniffing, but he couldn't smell anything, n the only thing he said to me was "Sooooo, u have everything under control now" mother ****ing bitch. I smiled at him and said "yup, I have everything under control".

I used to get paid a lot less than my coworkers, so I went to my ****ing manager who has to cough, rub his nose, and act like he's dying every single time he comes close to me, and asked him to give me the same amount, he ****ing made me wait for more than a year until i finally complained to a district manager, cured my bb, and now just a week ago got a raise.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Continuing to think about Drastic situation.

Technically,employers try to find an excuse to fire someone without verbally stating a true reason.
A couple of months ago there was a story about a doorman from NY fired because of BB.Also there was some small but video coverage to that.The videos were posted on Youtube.

If for instance someone is discriminated because of physical disability,there are people who address the issue,and at least some people who could prove that and get a compensation.

In Drastic situation,if there is a possibility and get a quick consultation, either in person or by the phone, with a lawyer,this is a good thing to do,both for the firing issue and a paycheck.In US there is such a possibility.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Thanks for you concern all.

i am really in the dumps about this all.

i just am at a lost how evil can flourish.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS WORK FOR MY MONEY.

NOW I CANT EVEN DO THAT.

DRASTIC
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sorry to hear this setback Drastic.
Try not to dwell on it too much it will only make you more depressed. Just leave those bastards behind. One day soon ur gonna be rid of your BB and you'll be able to live your life to your full potential and be among people who deserve to have someone like you around. Your priority for now is to be finding a new job so you can continue saving up for all the things you need to do to get there.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Yes. I saw it on THE VIEW. That poor guy was a doorman, in a new york app building. They fired him because people were complaining about bad breath. And peopl like Vivian wonder why I said I wish we could collect disability. The embarassment alone is disabling.
Usuallly if you work for a temp service your not supposed to call in the first 90 days. You were new there so it wouldve looked better if you went in anyway, and then told them you were sick. You couldve very well gotten fired because you called in. I think you got fired because you called in 2 whole days. Youll just never know if it was bbb or missing work. Good luck
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Thanks meowkitty.

Yes i understand what you had to say but they had planned to fire me long ago.

The supervisor introduced me to one of the office staff on Friday.

SHE SAID' ''THIS IS .....(NAME).....SHE WILL BE WORKING ON THIS LEVEL......BUT WE DONT KNOW FOR HOW LONG......

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THEY HAD PLANNED TO HAVE ME STAY ON. tHIS WAS FRIDAY I WAS AT WORK FRIDAY.

THEY OBVIOUSLY WERE PLANNING TO FIRE ME.

I WAS GENUINELY ILL AND MY CHEST WAS CLOGGED UP WITH MUCUS I WAS HACKING GREEN STUFF UP AND FAINTING. I DONT THINK I COULD HAVE MANAGED IT THOSES DAYS. THE WORK IS FROM 8AM TO 9PM AT NIGHT. WITH MY CHEST HACKING UP AND STUFF I HAD NO USE TO MYSELF.

I HAVE DONE TEMP WORK BEFORE AND NO THEY DID NOT FIRE ME AT ALL. THEY JUST ASK WHEN I CAN WORK AND WHEN I CAN THEY HIRE ME. SO, I GET PAID BY THE HOUR IF I DONT WORK I DONT GET PAID SO ITS NOT LIKE THEY WOULD HAVE PAID ME FOR THE SICK DAYS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

THEY ARE USERS.

ADDED TO THIS THEIR RESPONSE IS THAT MY RATE OF PAY WAS CUT TO BRING IN LINE WITH THOSE WHO WORK DURING THE FULL DAY SHIFT. WHAT A SHIT STORY.

THANKS ANYWAYS, MEOWKITTY

DRASTIC
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

drastic,

It could also be the economy. so many of my friends have been laid off or fired and they don't suffer like us :D you will find something better
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Thanks Snoopsister,

your kind words mean alot.

Drastic
never_bn_kissed

Post by never_bn_kissed »

Drastic,

don't let any paranoia get the best of you - you can start analyzing the crap out of every encounter you had at work and no matter how silly, you can conclude it was because of BB - that's what paranoia can do

temp staff, contractors, etc are definitely the first to go in these hard financial times

good luck, i hope you feel better soon, and find another job
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

wnaysha wrote:I don't know if i mentioned it or not, but my bb is almost gone now, and last week when I was working with my manager, he came close to me and started sniffing, but he couldn't smell anything, n the only thing he said to me was "Sooooo, u have everything under control now" mother ****ing bitch. I smiled at him and said "yup, I have everything under control".

I used to get paid a lot less than my coworkers, so I went to my ****ing manager who has to cough, rub his nose, and act like he's dying every single time he comes close to me, and asked him to give me the same amount, he ****ing made me wait for more than a year until i finally complained to a district manager, cured my bb, and now just a week ago got a raise.
hey wnaysha, i can see you getting mad, but it must have been pretty nice to hear your boss say that you solved your problem. what did you do exactly to "cure" yourself and do you think itll last?

and to drastic, the reason you got fired may be because u took the days, but i guess we can only speculate. and about him saying that you might not be there long, maybe he said so because its a temp job? good luck to you
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

NYConfused wrote:
hey wnaysha, i can see you getting mad, but it must have been pretty nice to hear your boss say that you solved your problem. what did you do exactly to "cure" yourself and do you think itll last?
NYConfused,

It was not so easy. I've explained everything in "common sense cure!" Yes I do think it will last if I keep doing what i'm doing. as I said it is "almost" gone. I still get it sometimes if i don't do everything in commonn sense cure. Well, I guess eveyone's bb is caused by different things, so can't guarantee ur bb will be cured 100%, but I think it will cure around 90% of sufferers, because its a routine that takes care of all causes of bb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic