Your Email Address:

First Name:

DENTAL APPOINTMENT

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DRASTIC
Sheriff

DENTAL APPOINTMENT

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi all,

I have a new dental appointment Friday to see new dentist/oral surgeons anout wisdom teeth extraction.

I have been to one already in december and he refused to take out my wisdom teeth even though he admitted they were impacted and difficult to clean.

So, this is a new dentist.

Now the last time I went I brushed and flossd and gargled thoroughly before going to the dentist.

NOW I PLAN NOT TO BRUSH OR FLOSS OR GARGLE FOR 5 WHOLE DAYS BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT.

Now might sound crazy but I suppose they dont really offer much help unless something is either absessed or rotting out of our mouths so I thought.

WHY NOT GIVE THEM SOMETHING ROTTING TO DEAL WITH.

SURELY THEY WOULD TAKE ME MORE SERIOUSLY AND OFFER UP THE WISDOM TEETH EXTRACTIONS.

THEN THERE IS THE QUESTION OF ME TRYING TO TKA E OUT WISDOM TEETH MYSELF.

I was thinking of trying it but the area is far at the back too close to my throat.

So, i think i''ll go for the no brushing flossing for 5 days and see what i end up with.

I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS.

and for those of you who are thinking it. No, I havent gone mad just a bit frustrated by all my efforts seeking help for wisdom and no one wants to help me. So, I figured if they really see infection then they will take them out.

DRASTIC

DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Now, if this new dentist on Friday says he cant take out my wisdom teeth because he sees nothing wrong with them then I will demand treatment for periodontal issue in Wisdom area.

IF HE REFUSED TO EXTRACT THEN HE MUST HAVE ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT FOR PERIODNTAL ISSUE BECAUSE CLEARLY IF I CAN SEE BLOOD IN THE GUM AROUND THE WISDOM IT MUST BE PERIONDONTAL IN NATURE. MY GUMS AROUND WISDOM ARE LOOSE AND FILL UP WITH BLOOD DAILY. PLUS PARTIALLY IMPACTED.

So, I plan to go fully prepared with tape recorded and a print out of my information about possible treatment.

I plan to have some questions ready for him/her. Then put the tape recorder into my bag and then open my bag and tape record the conversation.

Now the optional treatments if not extracting is deep cleaning then use localised antibiotics.

for example, arestin,

Arestin: Localized Delivery Of Antibiotics
Arestin is a type of antibiotic, minocycline, that is placed within infected periodontal pockets.It is used in conjunction with deep cleaning to help reduce and, in some cases, eliminate the infection.
Arestin is composed of microspheres. These microspheres resemble ultra-fine, bead-like particles that are much smaller than grains of sand. Each of the microspheres is filled with antibiotic (minocycline), The spheres are designed to slowly release the drug into the infected gum pocket, killing bacteria that live there. This localized antibiotic delivery system continues to fight the infection for up to 21days. Localized delivery delivers high doses of antibiotic where it is needed, and greatly reduces (virtually eliminates) exposure to the antibiotic in areas where it is not required

so if this new dentist refused treatment saying they dont offer this arestin on nHS or anyother localised antibiotic into the gum then I am going to demand him refer me to someone who can help like the hospital dental centre. Treatment there should be free.

Now what if he refused to refer me saying nothing is wrong with my wisdom teeth, no treatment. Then ofcourse by then I would have recorded enough conversation with my tape recorder in my open bag and then sell the tape to dispatches in uk or BBC or some TV station showing how dentists are refusing to help patients in uk nhs.

So, there you have have my little plan.

Let me know what you all think.

DRASTIC
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

what reasons did he give you for refusing to take em out?
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

The reason he gave for not taking them out was because of possible risk of nerve damage.

All this after he admitted the wisdom teeth would not grow out any further because of my age late 20s and he he said they were difficult to clean with a toothbrush or floss and he admitted they were problem.

He just wasnt concerned about me at all.

So, I am moving on to a new dentist.

Drastic
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Ok

SO I found a really good website showing how my lower wisdom teeth look.

Now click this link it will take you to a page. Have a look at the picture on the right showing the partially impacted wisdom tooth. That is exactly how mine look.

this is the link

www.geocities.com/dental_associates/wisdomtooth.htm

let me know if you see the picture.

I plan to download this and take it to the new dentist.

Wish me luck on Friday.

Drastic
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Drastic, you are doing the right thing by seeing another dentist.
Removing impacted wisdom teeth is a normal thing to do to avoid problems in the future, let alone any problems they may be presently causing and you have every right to this treatment on the NHS.

I guess as per ****ing usual as soon as BB is mentioned they dont take it seriously and think ur nuts. When you see the new dentist it might be worth mentioning pain instead of BB, they CANNOT ignore pain because its a sign of worse things to come.

Are the teeth in question your upper or lower teeth?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Does anyone here, who is considering having their wisdom teeth pulled, have a smell around the suspect teeth when they floss or rub around them?
Vivian

Post by Vivian »

Snobuni wrote:Does anyone here, who is considering having their wisdom teeth pulled, have a smell around the suspect teeth when they floss or rub around them?
I do, and I plan to have mine removed!! ~V
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I do but only when I haven't flossed in a day. I'm planning to get my wisdom teeth out soon.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Halitosissux,

Its the two lower wisdoms which are partially impacted with gum flaps.

I do not intend to mention bad breath at all.

What I plan to do is to take a long list of products I have used to help solve wisdom teeth isssue. So that he can see I have tried to help myself but that none of these seem to be helping.

I intend to mention pain, more and more as well as th fact that it bleeds and I get ulcers along the gum. Painful ulcers. The fact that the ulcers only come up along the wsidom gum could be early signs of pericornitis. I intend to take a print out of that information too.

I also intend to express how impossible it is for me to keep that area cleaned at all.

So, if he refuses to help me then I will demand to be refer to the hospital.

The whole point of the NHS dentist is to make dental care affordable. People shouldnt have to pay to go private when they can receive the same care on NHS for Free.

Drastic
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

I did a bit more research to find out that at hospitals with the facilities wisdom teeth extraction can be done free as long as you have a referral letter from a dentist or doctor in uk.

Why should I pay for basic service like this when its free in this country.

You have all kinds of people extracting teeth and putting in new gold teeeth for no-reason. I have a valid reason and I am going to demand the right to be treated or else I plan to sell my story to the TV stations here.

Now if my new dentist doesnt want to take out my wisdom teeth because he cant be bothered. I will simply ask my Ear Nose and Throat doctor at the hospital to refer me to an oral surgeon at the hospital who can take them out. My reason being pain and bleeding. if asked why my dentist didnt take them out I will simple say to my ENT doc that I cant afford to visit the dentist because I have no money.

That is my long list of ideas. Hope things work out for all of us this year.

If there is one thing I have learnt thru all of this torture is that WE HAVE TO GET UP AND FIGHT AND TAKE CHARGE OF OUR OWN LIVES.

NOBODY I MEAN NOBODY IS GOING TO HELP US IN THIS MESS.

WE HAVE TO GET UP AND THINK OF NEW WAYS AND NEW IDEAS TO SOLVE THIS SITUATION.

NO USE GETTING DOWN AND STAYING DOWN FOREVER.

YES WE ALL GET DOWN AND SAD SOMETIMES BUT WE HAVE TO PICK UP OURSELVES DUST OFF OURSELVES AND MOVE THE ***k ON TO ANOTHER CURE.

BELIEVE WHEN I SAY NO-ONE IN THIS WORLD WILL HELP US WE HAVE TO HELP OURSELVES.

DRASTIC
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Drastic,

You're right, we need to get off our bums and try and get things looked at properly!!! Easy said than done sometimes with these ENTs and dentists who don't give a crap about us.

I'm going to go for a second dental opinion and see if they can find anything wrong, my own dentist just seemed to concentrate on looking for tooth decay and nothing else.

And if that doesn't turn anything up, I'll have to go to another ENT and get a proper thorough examination.

We have to try every possibility to beat this, we can't just curl up and die!!! :x
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Good luck, Drstic

I fully support u with ur wisdom teeth extraction!
For along time Is uspected nys tomach of being the cuprit for bb, but now I`m not so sure anymore.
Last night I had one of my wisdoms extracted. It was very hard and the dentsist struggled a lot, but he said there was a pocket and pus. I
t is too early to report, i`m still taking antibiotics, but I have this feeling I might have been cured..
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

HI Iva,

I really hope you find your cure.

Which wisdom teeth did you extract? Upper or lower?

I know what you mean about beginning to question if the real cause is wisdom.

I have sinus trouble but when I dont have an infection in the sinuses I often wonder why I still have an odor. This is why I am looking into wisdoms now.

Sometimes the cause can be so simple and so obvious right before our eyes.

I read CURED's thread and can identifiy with everything that he did in it, from nasal spray to nose pore strip to antibiotic but now I am going along the lines of wisdom. especially since I can see the pockets along the gum.

So, I wish you all the very best iva, i hope this is your cure.

BTW How much did it cost you to have your wisdom out?

I am hoping and praying for your speedy recovery.

I got mine appointment all the way on Friday and I am just hoping and praying he agrees to take them out.

DRASTIC
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Hi, Drastic

I had a lower extarcted] it wasn`t fully erupted, it had no free space and it had fromed pockets. So ur mentioning that u too have pockets makes me think it might be ur cure too. Thank u for being so supportive and nice. by all means eliminate that porssible reason
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic